US I'm back to WoW, need advice

Samuro

Grandfathered
For now I'm just gonna pvp on my 20s toons and I want to know the best classes atm. I already know that survival hunter is the most popular in the 20-29 bracket. Also, are the blue gears from the BGs crates BiS or are BoA still BiS?

It all depends on the class you decide to play. The BG crates have a chance to drop ilvl 28 chest, legs, bracers, boots, and weapons that are BiS.

BoAs are ilvl 25 which is still really good, so use them.

For your rings get The Rock x 2 and Problem Solving Pendant. And if you are a caster use Stratholme Lily with a wand. The ilvl 25 wands can be bought fro a vendor in Orgrimmar and I'm sure Stormwind. They are Burning Wand and Dusk Wand.

If you want to go all out, get engineering for high item level gear.

The main thing is to make sure all your armor is your armor type for the 5% buff.

Last edited:
But... there are no stats what's the point?
Stats no longer matter in BGs. It is all based off of class templates. The higher ilvl items give you more stats. So basically all twinking is about now is just high item level items.

So the fun of doing long quest chains, crafting and doing dungeons over and over to get your BiS gears is now definitely gone? damn

so the fun of doing long quest chains, crafting and doing dungeons over and over to get your BiS gears is now definitely gone? damn

yeah, i had mixed feelings too.
but i think it's important to understand, that as the game ages, new directions are taken to keep the game relevant.

the way it is now with focus on item level versus min-maxing stats, the game opens up to a lot of people who may not have the time or patience to do what we used to do to our lvl 19s, 20s, 29s, etc.

i understand your position on this, i too enjoyed spending weeks crafting a low level character for the purpose of low level BGs and duels, but i think when you even the ground for those who aren't as dedicated as some of us are to twinking, we will end up having a healthier PvP environment, where more people will be willing to stick around and fight when the odds aren't against them.

on a side note: you can still work on blue BiS gear for the purpose of dueling. dueling works with old mechanics, the iLvL approach to twinking is only relevant to BGs and arenas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread