iLvL Squish

Bellular posted a video about the stat squish and what ilvl's on the alpha connect to what xpac, so we have a rough idea of what ilvl is baseline for each level. Another thing you could do is check tooltips on wowhead with BFA checked instead of live. As for the stat squish in particular, 1 haste for a level 110 in alpha seems to be worth much more than 1 haste in live, so it seems, considering the immense scaling difference between a level 30-39 and a 110, if we do get gear with single digit secondary stats then they'll be worth quite a bit. That's just a guess though.

Bellular posted a video about the stat squish and what ilvl's on the alpha connect to what xpac, so we have a rough idea of what ilvl is baseline for each level. Another thing you could do is check tooltips on wowhead with BFA checked instead of live. As for the stat squish in particular, 1 haste for a level 110 in alpha seems to be worth much more than 1 haste in live, so it seems, considering the immense scaling difference between a level 30-39 and a 110, if we do get gear with single digit secondary stats then they'll be worth quite a bit. That's just a guess though.

I'll check the video out, but upon further research, there are some sites saying BFA will have a starting ilvl of around 200. So right now I have an ilvl of 55 with full GF'd invasion gear and AGM+ GF'd insignia. If things remain the same (which may not be the case), then with regards to instanced PVP, an increase of 1 ilvl will be huge. And with world PVP as you said, items with just a single digit difference in a stat will again make all the difference.

Last edited:
Nickle Bolas here. Glad the feedback was of some use! I have two more speculations, keyword being speculation but I feel they're a bit on the rational side, so here I go

1) most things will most likely not remain the same. If they're doing a stat squish and an iLvl squish it seems only natural that they will bring everything down to size, unlike the scaling of 7.3.5. Otherwise there's nothing stopping people from running around in 780 greens post BFA launch. To further this point, legendary weapons such as sulfuras and the axe from icecrown are being knocked down to their xpac-specific ilvl when you see them in the BFA panel of wowhead.

2) My second, possibly much more important hunch is the only exception to this mass "ilvl purge" will be things like some of what you mentioned. The one thing old agm and especially insignia have in common is that not only are they unobtainable, but they were added in 1.X.X which registers as not an expansion. All things that scale post Vanilla on the BFA item search will connect with some sort of xpac. Thoradiel goes down to the highest ilvl of BC which is 94, fitting for a legendary, while most greens from MOP will scale to some ilvl between 108-116. This is relevant because the drop from 300 ish to 108 is huge, while the difference between a hypothetically unchanged 60 from vanilla and a 108 is a small gap.

What my jumbled up explanation is trying to present is gf'd vanilla gear may be "best in best in slot" I don't know if I explained this well but I'm open to critique

Appreciate your feedback. One small correction, AGM as of 7.3.5 IS still obtainable, even if it is hard to get. I think in certain slots, such as trinket, you may be right in that the GF'd gear will be undoubtedly the best. In other slots, I'm not so sure of that being the case.

One question I do have which will not apply to most, is whether the GF'd invasion gear with the "warforged" bonus will have that bonus removed or not. I would think not since the gear is no longer obtainable, but I suppose there is a slight possibility they could touch that gear with the squish as well.

So I don't know if this has been discussed in other forums, but I wanted to shed some more light on this topic. I've been playing in Beta for a couple days now, and wanted to look at what the potential iLvl squish might look like. So I went and solo'd BWL, and tier 2 is a whopping 58 iLvl... So my guess is excepting GF'd gear, heirlooms and the like will be squished to around the 30's level. Any thoughts or other info on this?

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_050418_160731.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_050418_160731.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 204
Every item under ilvl 57 is unchanged.

Charts have been available for a while. It was posted on MMO-Champion a while back but I could not find it.

Here is another source: Link

Charts have been available for a while. It was posted on MMO-Champion a while back but I could not find it.

That seems a bit dated

Awesome, thanks for the link! I was not aware of the chart. Although, I do agree that it seems like there is still potential for things to change.

Awesome, thanks for the link! I was not aware of the chart. Although, I do agree that it seems like there is still potential for things to change.

57 would include the lowest level BC greens, right? So, do you see the pre-squish 57-59 BC greens being pushed below the non-BC greens? Or will they still be BiS?
That is something I am interested in testing once character copying hits Beta. Until then, we only have lvl 110 chars available, and with scaled zones and loot, I won't be able to test that until then.

I think it's quite likely that unobtainables will also be squished ilvl wise as stats are more connected to ilvl now than they used to be.

@Sunder Nice DK , I didnt check but do you have Engineering on it? the ilevel 200 Trinkets and i183 Head gear are available to a 59.

Here's my 59 Ret / Prot Pala https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ghostlands/erikaretz - I have a full set of iLevel gear for it, just not got it on. ( including the Eng Trinket )

working on engineering. sitting at 200-something.

I think it's quite likely that unobtainables will also be squished ilvl wise as stats are more connected to ilvl now than they used to be.

i haven't actually payed attention if most of the iLvL 87 gear my DK has has gone up in stats after 7.3.5 due to the iLvL to stats dependancy. maybe i'll pay closer attention to all the iLvL 62 stuff floating around on the AH for 59s to compare.

Last edited:
They worked out a chart that shows wat item level everything will be changed to. There is a change for every item level, so I can imagine they have plans to nuke gear even currently obtained.

Users who are viewing this thread