EU+US ILvl Cap

It doesn't work as neatly as there being a simple cap. Wand users jump at diff points than others and it's possible to get stats including health while still showing the same % in game - while you can frequently add a major upgrade and nothing changes.
Living and I are both Taurens and share the same health in IPvP even though I show as ilvl 45 and him 9. It's also blotchy in that there's no way he has 4 ilvls higher than me. 2 alone requires 32 overall. He's closer to 1 so something weird is going on.

Living has 10ilvls more than me. Across 16 pieces that's less than an average of 1 but assume it rounded up. Still doesn't make sense it's 4 unless race places a role which makes no sense.

Edit: could be the tabard but that doesn't work in game does it? Didn't used to - ill test.

It doesn't work as neatly as there being a simple cap. Wand users jump at diff points than others and it's possible to get stats including health while still showing the same % in game - while you can frequently add a major upgrade and nothing changes.
Living and I are both Taurens and share the same health in IPvP even though I show as ilvl 45 and him 9. It's also blotchy in that there's no way he has 4 ilvls higher than me. 2 alone requires 32 overall. He's closer to 1 so something weird is going on.

Armory uses your highest ilvl items, not the ones equipped. Fishing hat, inferno robes, etc. increase my armory. I only have ilvl 43 in instanced PvP, 45 with Stratholm Lily.

Got it - makes sense. I've purposely deleted those mist googles for example because my addon drives me crazy telling me I'm not at my max ilvl! Some stuff I obviously won't delete tho.
Getting to 44 with a shaman with a shield may be impossible if youy're wearing all mail. :(

Rogues can achieve the absolute highest iLvL BUT Wand users I think still have more Stats. With ~49 being roughly top (~53 Rogue) you can figure that the highest iLvL break point that's achievable (right now) before you can gain a single point of any Stat should be around 44-48, due to rounding.

The cap you're talking about is different for every class & spec since everyone has different templates and the ilvls affect differently..

Rogues can achieve the absolute highest iLvL BUT Wand users I think still have more Stats. With ~49 being roughly top (~53 Rogue) you can figure that the highest iLvL break point that's achievable (right now) before you can gain a single point of any Stat should be around 44-48, due to rounding.

You must be counting in a lot of gf'd items for those ilvls. My rogue is full TF, mask, x2 fishing trinkets and I reach 47 ilvl I think it is. Sure as hell not 53.

Edit: And the ilvl isn't even worth, because my movie weapon MH is better than max ilvl weapon, same with Jagged Wing Slasher in case I go sub.

I'm usually at 45 ilvl in optimal gear in bg's. Going off memory here, at work atm.

You must be counting in a lot of gf'd items for those ilvls. My rogue is full TF, mask, x2 fishing trinkets and I reach 47 ilvl I think it is. Sure as hell not 53.

Edit: And the ilvl isn't even worth, because my movie weapon MH is better than max ilvl weapon, same with Jagged Wing Slasher in case I go sub.

I'm usually at 45 ilvl in optimal gear in bg's. Going off memory here, at work atm.
iLvL will matter once again come 7.3 because Weapons will all have normalized speeds between each type. As for 53 yes, I'm considering the literal ceiling with max gear, and 5 iLvLs lower would be the max a "normally, non-GF'd geared" Twink would care about. Also, Purj's Shammy is iLvL 49 with a 34 Helm so Rogue would be +4 in similar gear + the 100 Mask.

iLvL will matter once again come 7.3 because Weapons will all have normalized speeds between each type. As for 53 yes, I'm considering the literal ceiling with max gear, and 5 iLvLs lower would be the max a "normally, non-GF'd geared" Twink would care about. Also, Purj's Shammy is iLvL 49 with a 34 Helm so Rogue would be +4 in similar gear + the 100 Mask.
In another thread Purj mentioned he's more like 43 in games. 49 is counting everything in bags/storage too. Nobody can get to 49 in game with optimal armor class.

In another thread Purj mentioned he's more like 43 in games. 49 is counting everything in bags/storage too. Nobody can get to 49 in game with optimal armor class.

Yeah, I have like 47.56 as the very max.

87dbd9735703cafdb0ee29dfa90bf1c8.png

Every piece is ilvl 34 TF rest of the gear you know.

True enough.

I've got ilvl 43.44 as a hunter. The only thing i dont have which would increase it a bit is engineers cloak.

Users who are viewing this thread