Ilvl 50 vs ilvl 60 vs ilvl 47

ShinyHero

“Every-Level Twinker”
SoO mythic warforged items can go up to 47 and can have 1 2 or 3 sockets depending on slot and have lots of options for secondary stats, but can also be enchanted

BC dungeon items can also have 1 2 or 3 sockets depending on slot and have higher stats because higher ilvl but not as much variety on secondary stats, but can also be enchanted

Some raid items can be item level 50 and proc speed and socket and I believe bracers like this would be BiS because they can be enchanted aswell

ilvl 60 items from all their different sources can proc speed and socket and have lots of choice of secondary’s, but can not be enchanted

which do you guys think is best for 45s?

Attachments

• B902123C-0E3F-4ED2-8091-02AB3ED8B1B1.jpeg
    B902123C-0E3F-4ED2-8091-02AB3ED8B1B1.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 138
  • F8B00911-2697-4CE2-8BC8-EB77F2E3F285.jpeg
    F8B00911-2697-4CE2-8BC8-EB77F2E3F285.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 0C880600-46CE-48C8-8C99-A15E575BF830.jpeg
    0C880600-46CE-48C8-8C99-A15E575BF830.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Hey,

Basically from what I've seen, let's say a wrist item ilevel 50 (normal, non socketed, non tertiary) has +8 mainstat (str/agi/int), +12 stamina and +16 secondary (or secondaries if it procs two, one for +6 and one for +10 for example).
If that item procs warforged (ilevel 60), it gets +1 extra mainstat, +2 stamina and +3 secondary stat.
If it procs a tertiary, you get +7 leech/speed/avoidance or god forbid indestructible. Doesn't matter if the item is 50 or 60, the tertiary is +7.
If you proc a socket, well ... you proc a socket. +7 secondary (BfA gem) or a huge combo of mainstat + other goodies.

Now let's say you get a Fel-Treated Bracers of the Savant (leather wrist).
At ilevel 50 it has +8 agility, +12 stamina and +16 mastery.
At ilevel 60 it has +9 agility, +14 stamina and +19 mastery.

A SoO wrist doesn't have sockets (I know I picked the worst item slot to theorize but I have insane amounts of wrists) and its stats (Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch from Siegecrafter Blackfuse) are:
- at ilevel 45, +7 agility, +10 stamina, +7 haste and +6 mastery (so +13 secondary).
- no fucking idea what the stats are at ilevel 47 because they haven't dropped for me. But I can assume +1 mainstat, +2 stamina and +3 secondary? Maybe? If it drops I'll update the post.

I think for some slots, like waist (since you can place an extra belt buckle for a gem) the SoO gear is an alternative. maybe feet (update, I'm talking shit, you can't replace a 59 legendary with 3 sockets with anything from SoO, so no feet) and hands (both get +2 sockets from SoO if i remember correctly).

If you get an insane proc on the Legion gear, like warforged, useful tertiary and socket, I think it's pretty hard to beat. On the SoO item you get an extra socket (and socket bonus) and an enchant but you lose raw mainstat and secondaries.

Maybe an alternative could be the Corrupted Aspirant gear? Can't warforge so it's 50 but it can proc tertiary and socket.

For me it's simple, the bigger the better so Legion warforged gear is the way to go, but I have some SoO items in bank so I can play with them. And I hate SoO with a passion.
See for me I’m thinking the more sockets the better because 5 str 6 Stam gems I can’t just pass on those, they’re super strong and honestly I’ll be missing out on like hardly any secondaries (granted it will add up over all the pieces), and since I’m just mainly doing pvp the more stamina I have will also be nice. But honestly I’ll get a lot of variety of gear so I can mix it up depending on what I’m doing.

Definitely, for PvP stamina is very good so in that case, the SoO gear is a real alternative :)
But the SoO grind is gonna bring me nightmares and give me ptsd from my 91 twink days back in WoD
8((((((

See for me I’m thinking the more sockets the better because 5 str 6 Stam gems I can’t just pass on those, they’re super strong and honestly I’ll be missing out on like hardly any secondaries
You have to also provision for the possibility that halfway in the game they might remove this gem

Users who are viewing this thread