If you are still playing ... share your experience or thoughts with the 10-25 DF Prepatch...

Pretty sure I did but I cna do another no problem..... except it looks like the beta is down at the moment.

edit- hope that means they'll finally give us a huge update! Probably not.
hopefully. If they fix everything well, i'm done farming lol

If they fix everything
Beta back up, nothing visibly changed for our levels so far as gear or dungeons... checked world treasures in WoD and the elekk tusk was ilvl 47 picking up the blue version at level 20, still lower than the BoE greens the toon had equipped.

Much lower than the dungeon drops it already had. Soloed 3 bosses in ZF cuz it was logged there and got zero drops.

edit- ZF was kind of slow and trivial mostly spamming WW on a 20 fury with 2x crusader, never in jeopardy of dying.

Beta back up, nothing visibly changed for our levels so far as gear or dungeons... checked world treasures in WoD and the elekk tusk was ilvl 47 picking up the blue version at level 20, still lower than the BoE greens the toon had equipped.

Much lower than the dungeon drops it already had. Soloed 3 bosses in ZF cuz it was logged there and got zero drops.

edit- ZF was kind of slow and trivial mostly spamming WW on a 20 fury with 2x crusader, never in jeopardy of dying.

Thnx for letting us know

My old PvP gear is updated item level now.

upload_2022-11-4_7-18-8.png

..Unless it was before and I didn't notice it..? I got this AGES ago though.
[doublepost=1667542888,1667542709][/doublepost]These sockets also give me +13 now, up from +12.

upload_2022-11-4_7-21-6.png

[doublepost=1667543708][/doublepost]Helm enchant gives 1 more stam now. Glove Reinforcements +11 stamina instead of +10.

Edit: accidentally posted the glove pic twice. Just ignore that.

Attachments

• upload_2022-11-4_7-29-51.png
    upload_2022-11-4_7-29-51.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 80
  • upload_2022-11-4_7-31-51.png
    upload_2022-11-4_7-31-51.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 80
  • upload_2022-11-4_7-31-56.png
    upload_2022-11-4_7-31-56.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 76
1, two concurrent games were happening last night. this is a good sign as most people are still away and/or busy with WotLK. if meta becomes even slightly healthier (too much burst!), we are back to instant queues.

2, meta is so bursty that it's crazy. (i was just testing out talents and setting up keybinds on my new lock, kept getting killed, my 4000 dark pact shield was chewed through like nothing)

3, the hope is that the ilvl bump will reduce relative damage and relative healing, otherwise, it's hunter/monk meta DF edition. it's really sad that the talent revamp made fury WW warrior so much worse, because fury was a class that singlehandedly made the meta more balanced.

Last edited:
Been playing an xpon toon in BGs w just boe gear. Most classes are at least viable, 0 effort gear is viable. Games pop fairly quickly. The new talent system is fun. I know xp on experience is probably not exactly what the opportunity was asking about but other than some budstyness (much less than xp off bc ppl are much less geared) it has been really fun. There are a couple of 19 hunters fully gemmed and enchanted that try to leave bag early to cut the Xperia they are getting but it doesn't happen often.

For people that just want low effort PvP without huge gear differentials of end game (or 20 vs 29 in Xperia off) I really do think this it's a viable option to roll a 10 and play till 29 then start over if you want (29 bc for me that's when my bones stop growing.)

Edit: alao, what ilvls look like on Boeing gear compared to the other stuff.? I know it's likely irrelevant info for most players here but was wondering.

Last edited:
Been playing an xpon toon in BGs w just boe gear. Most classes are at least viable, 0 effort gear is viable. Games pop fairly quickly. The new talent system is fun. I know xp on experience is probably not exactly what the opportunity was asking about but other than some budstyness (much less than xp off bc ppl are much less geared) it has been really fun. There are a couple of 19 hunters fully gemmed and enchanted that try to leave bag early to cut the Xperia they are getting but it doesn't happen often.

For people that just want low effort PvP without huge gear differentials of end game (or 20 vs 29 in Xperia off) I really do think this it's a viable option to roll a 10 and play till 29 then start over if you want (29 bc for me that's when my bones stop growing.)

Edit: alao, what ilvls look like on Boeing gear compared to the other stuff.? I know it's likely irrelevant info for most players here but was wondering.

Right now there is a considerable ilvl difference between world boe gear (any rarity) and farmed dungeon epics.

Even world boe epics are much lower than their dungeon counterparts

2, meta is so bursty that it's crazy. (i was just testing out talents and setting up keybinds on my new lock, kept getting killed, my 4000 dark pact shield was chewed through like nothing)
Idk bout this. I did one bg, faced an ally group with 8 hunters, I was tanking them all with a single healer and I couldn't die.

Is warrior just THAT tanky?

Idk bout this. I did one bg, faced an ally group with 8 hunters, I was tanking them all with a single healer and I couldn't die.

Is warrior just THAT tanky?

You faced bad hunters or you had a really good healer.

Screenshot of final score?

Right now there is a considerable ilvl difference between world boe gear (any rarity) and farmed dungeon epics.

Even world boe epics are much lower than their dungeon counterparts
sry, I was typing on my phone and I am an old man. I meant the bind on account gear. Is it the same as world stuff or dungeon stuff?

Also "29 bc for me that's when my bones stop growing" is a pretty good autocorrect error

Made you a fugly little mosaic of ilvl at 20.... you can probably figure out which is which without looking it up.

RWELesX.png

edit- the elekk tusk is the only one I actually got on the beta itself, the rest came over with the character copy.

1, two concurrent games were happening last night. this is a good sign as most people are still away and/or busy with WotLK. if meta becomes even slightly healthier (too much burst!), we are back to instant queues.

3, the hope is that the ilvl bump will reduce relative damage and relative healing, otherwise, it's hunter/monk meta DF edition. it's really sad that the talent revamp made fury WW warrior so much worse, because fury was a class that singlehandedly made the meta more balanced.
how is it a hunter meta and u got a 4k farkpact shield.

Unholy seems very wierd without apocalypse. Dark transfusion however speced with blinding sheet and reanimation gives a bunch of cc. Excited to test frost and fire

Yes, as I still have the icon post-pre-patch but now it does the Dark Transfusion. Which seems not too bad when taking on NPC enemies, just not seemly as good in PvP.

Have you played with the Runeforge lately?

I have Rune of the Fallen Crusader on a weapon from pre-patch but not seeing it proc as much post pre-patch. But I'm not ready to apply Crusader yet (only farmed two Righteous Orbs after like 6 runs so stored it on a scroll).

only farmed two Righteous Orbs after like 6 runs

Just FYI, the boss across the hall from the final one drops an orb every kill. Even if you're f2play maybe you can solo it?

And word is in another thread that RotFC is "better" than crusader post-patch if you have decent gear to scale up your str, maybe even just for dungeon blues too, I did not test it. YMMV, just trying to spread out the info as time is growing short.

games are bad partially because people group queue and make the games one-sided.

sometimes good games still happen, like in this one, 2 hunter + 8 other players on each team, pretty close game. notice how the level 20 priests complexiity and ruretarded both did really well. so 20s still make differences.

HthQ8mq.jpg

so you see, good 20s are still relevant, i am happy to have good 20s on my team. unsure what would happen in 4 days though, when meta gets more bursty.

Last edited:
games are bad partially because people group queue and make the games one-sided.

sometimes good games still happen, like in this one, 2 hunter + 8 other players on each team, pretty close game. notice how the level 20 priests complexiity and ruretarded both did really well. so 20s still make differences.

HthQ8mq.jpg

so you see, good 20s are still relevant, i am happy to have good 20s on my team. unsure what would happen in 4 days though, when meta gets more bursty.

I'm sure every 20 will go through the sisyphean task of playing a lot of 20-29 bgs, putting themselves through hell, just for the vain hope of finding one game in the weekend that makes the entire week of godawful queueing worth it.

Gonna be completely honest here man, i'm glad you're having fun, and your quirky build seems to work for you, but you also seem to have lost the notion of what is playing as a 20 against 29s. If you, as a 4k shielded Warlock of a full tanky Warrior is getting twotapped by Hunters and Monks, what do you think the rest of the 20s are getting as treatment?

Enjoy yourself, but i don't understand why you feel this need to try to recruit people. Let it go. Enjoy your games.

Users who are viewing this thread