EU+US Icy Chill bugged?

Hurtaz

Grandfathered
Had this amazing idea to have a 1h enchanted with Icy Chil on my level 1 Hunter l to be able to reduce the opponents movement speed if getting too close and give me a chance to gain some range.

I did read about it from different sources and it seemed to have a pretty high proc rate. These comments may been a bit old, but I didn't see any sign of change since then. I was expecting the enchant to proc often as the tooltip says - maybe at a 25% chance, but I was proven wrong. After testing on dummies, it seems to almost never proc. Maybe only once in 100 hits.

Someone said Icy Chill wasn't a PPM enchant, so I put it on a 1.70 dagger in hope for higher proc chance.

Anyone else had this idea or know when/why Blizzard reduced the proc chance?

Had this amazing idea to have a 1h enchanted with Icy Chil on my level 1 Hunter l to be able to reduce the opponents movement speed if getting too close and give me a chance to gain some range.

I did read about it from different sources and it seemed to have a pretty high proc rate. These comments may been a bit old, but I didn't see any sign of change since then. I was expecting the enchant to proc often as the tooltip says - maybe at a 25% chance, but I was proven wrong. After testing on dummies, it seems to almost never proc. Maybe only once in 100 hits.

Someone said Icy Chill wasn't a PPM enchant, so I put it on a 1.70 dagger in hope for higher proc chance.

Anyone else had this idea or know when/why Blizzard reduced the proc chance?
I tested Icy Chill over a year ago when I first went Vet and the proc rate is rat $hit. Probably 1 - 2 procs per 100 attacks. I had a similar idea for a Fury Warrior coat one with it to slow them nasty Huntards and kiting classes but after testing I quickly got rid of it.

I think some time back it had a decent proc rate but in the last few years at least it's rubbish.

I did some experimenting with this exact idea, rocking twin icy on my rogue. It procs A TON the time, but the problem is it misses almost ALL the time. The proc is a spell cast against an enemy. When used in a PvE environment against higher level mobs, it misses just like every other spell.

Dancing steel (and the better version), windsong, Elemental force or even mending are good enchants for lvl 1 weps, other than stat enchants for specific builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know what this is

There is another Slow Weapon Enchant but I can't remember the name atm. I'm at work so can't check my toon to see what it's called, but it's an odd name and iirc it's one of those GF'd Enchants.

Icy Chill has had a horrible proc rate since the day it came out.

I'm pretty sure Deathfrost also only slows enemy Ranged/Melee/Casting speeds, by a small amount, at a low PPM as well.

If I'm not totally wrong, deathfrost slows ranged/melee/casting speed as Purj says, but not movement speed. Right?

• Icy Chill = Reduces Movement and Attack Speed, reduced for Players above Level 60 (not sure if that counts the current scaling system).
  • Deathfrost = Spells & Melee attacks Slow the target (doesn't specify). Slow does not work on targets Level 74+.
  • Giant Slayer = Reduce Movement Speed against Giants (obv doesn't effect Players, but still).
  • Windwalk = Increases your Dodge plus Movement Speed by 10% (in the same vein as a Slow).
That's all I saw in my Enchanting list and I have pretty much everything with maybe a few Classic Enchants that were made GF'd with The Shattering that I never got farmed up in time. I'd have to look through my other Professions to see if there's some odd-ball BS Weapon Chain like thing that Slows or how Low you get the first Tailoring Net (iirc it's Netherweave), etc.

• Netherweave Net is indeed the earliest you get one and it requires Tailoring 300.
  • Didn't find anything of interest in BS, but I leveled mine AFTER Cata so have zero GF'd Patterns.
  • Eng: Bombs for the Stun would help, but iirc you can't learn Eng at 1.

Last edited:
I read the comments on Deathfrost and doesn't affect movement speed, only cast/attack speed. A decent debuff to apply for the benefit of the raid, similar to Unholy Curse, but I wonder if it suffers from the same spell miss issues as Icy.

Giant Slayer woulda been fun to try against that Canyon Ettin the other day. I'm curious if Morbidius counts as a giant as a slow on that bastard would be very helpful. I'll try it out on him today since he's the first progression step on the next planned raid.

UPDATE: Morbidius in not a Giant. Canyon Ettin is though:
Giantslayer often procs a Tendon Rip. 25% Movement speed reduction and I got 14-19 DPP.

Giant.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread