EU+US I want to make a 70 ...change my mind?

79s is not needed to beat levelers, they are used to beat 70 old school twinks.

I Guess this bracket contains 90 percent 70s and 10 79s so. Theres worse bracket like 60-69 wich contains 50\50

I mean it all depends on if you want that power advantage that some classes at 79 bring, or not, and there's a few other factors.

Method of gearing is very different too. 70's can easily take longer (RNG of course) because of raids, but 79's have to spam dungeons on end for most pieces. Even with the patch coming up and heroic gear being buffed in ilvl, heroics are still only a daily lockout for 70s. Personally, I don't particularly hate BC dungeons but having to spam dungeons like old hillsbrad over and over again just doesn't sound that enjoyable for me. So if you have the patience to run dungeons and want to be closer to bis sooner, 79 is the obvious choice.

However I know on alliance at least, 70s are more of their own community as opposed to being all inclusive. Which isn't a bad thing, because there is a gap in power level with some classes, but something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Ignore Busgaga, he is defective. Play what you want, but 79 is generally 20-40% stronger than 70 equivalent, depending on class and spec. In the end, people generally twink to play the strongest possible character in the bracket, not to piss off some idiot child with a must-stay-70-or-you're-scum complex. 70 community on EU isn't anything special, so unless you crave positive social reinforcement, don't worry about missing out on that. The 70s worth playing with usually don't mind whether you're 79. If you're on US, I have no idea. Good 70s kill 79s all the time (I'm particularly thinking of Lo-Stormscale, Unknownx, and No-Talnivarr when I say this).

Change your mind? @Dreams listen to this guys verbal diarrhea for few posts and you'll probably quit wow altogether...

You know what I’m going to say, I’ve had my Quarrels with 79s over the years and for various reasons, as a 70 it will be frustrating to play against 79s but in reality 70s just have so much more to do than 79s, not just because of the way 79s and 70s are Almost treated as 2 different brackets, but pve content isn’t a joke, and the option to raid whenever is a lot of fun too. And you have a good time fighting other twinks and not rofl stomping healing and damage meters as a busted 79 disc

You know what I’m going to say, I’ve had my Quarrels with 79s over the years and for various reasons, as a 70 it will be frustrating to play against 79s but in reality 70s just have so much more to do than 79s, not just because of the way 79s and 70s are Alamo’s treated as 2 different brackets, but pve content isn’t a joke, and the option to raid whenever is a lot of fun too. And you have a good time fighting other twinks and not rofl stomping healing and damage meters as a busted 79 disc

For OPs sake.

This dude is US... EU can't get the numbers to put 3-4 2v2 teams together

Bit disingenuous to suggest that EU doesn't really have any players. There are actually a good number of lvl70 twinks on EU, but they mostly just stick to BGs and Elwynn/Durotar.

As for the OP:
If you care about PvE as well as PvP, then you should stop at lvl70. If you don't care about PvE then the only thing stopping you from playing 79 is... well, nothing, really. Community PvP events, I guess? The people I know on EU/US don't really give a shit if you play 79, you just won't be invited to events is all.

Bit disingenuous to suggest that EU doesn't really have any players. There are actually a good number of lvl70 twinks on EU, but they mostly just stick to BGs and Elwynn/Durotar.

As for the OP:
If you care about PvE as well as PvP, then you should stop at lvl70. If you don't care about PvE then the only thing stopping you from playing 79 is... well, nothing, really. Community PvP events, I guess? The people I know on EU/US don't really give a shit if you play 79, you just won't be invited to events is all.

When was the last time EU had an event?
are you like obsessed with me?

I'm studying the dunning Kruger effect and autism... What better test subject could I ask for

Hey all. I just leveld my 70 dk so sorry for the stupid question but HOW to gear up while at least on EU there isnt any community for BC raids?

Users who are viewing this thread