I want to get some better gear.

Rothorman

Veteran
So, as the title says, I want to get some better gear. I have a Restoration Shaman, level 20. I mention that my character is a full F2P character, I mean, everything I got, I got without subscription. And yes, I don't have any enchants. (qq)
Right know, I have the set from Wailing Caverns, 5/5, and some gear which is focused on Versatility and Haste. Anyway, I've been trying to get new weapons. There is a mace and a shield from crate of battlefield goods, but I can't get them on rare. Any idea how to get them? Or how to get rare item from crate of battlefield goods?

Reactions: hom
Battleground crates always have a chance to 'upgrade' to blue/rare.

Ideally a blue adaptable mace & shield would be bis. Of the Aurora is also a great option.

Do you mind linking your toon so we can see what needs changing?

I think you mean to show my armory or something, but I don't know how. I'm new on this site, also the twink buisness.

Reactions: hom
You have to go to either the EU or US version of the wow site & type in your character name in the search bar.

Click on your toon and copy the web address, paste it in here.

Or let us know what the toon name is, server, region (EU or US)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/rothorman. Right now, it appears that I'm Enchancement, but I'm not. IDK why... :/

EDIT: Now it's okay. :D

You're off to a good start. I'd say keep going into battlegrounds and hope for the best on some adaptable gear. The blue gear from battlegrounds is at 31ilvl which will be some of the best pieces you can get.

Just to let you know, you're in the 20-29 forums, this includes all 20-29's (even those with subscriptions, or those that used to have subscriptions but no longer hold one, also known as 'Vets'/'Veterans') - you may want to check this forum out that has specifically free to play content: https://xpoff.com/forums/free-to-play.113/

The other thing I'd suggest is getting into enchanting so you can slap some minor enchants on your gear. It doesn't make a huge difference but it fills out the toon better and gives you goals to work towards when not in a battleground.

Shaman is looking good! As most people have pointed out, and you're aware, now it's just a matter of grinding out BG crates and getting lucky.

That, and if you can find someone with a paid account who can group you and let you party sync, you'll want to get the trinkets that are rewarded from the boxes you get for "replaying" quests. Much like BG crates, it's a matter of luck. But there are 5 int/5 crit and 5 int/5 vers trinkets available.

Great start. There are no shortcuts to blue battleground gear, lucky for you resto shaman is formidable and if well played can swing a match in your team's favor. Group up with a decent DPS and keep healing battlegrounds and you'll collect wrist/main hand/off hand/ring over time.

One thing not mentioned yet, you can do the Stonetalon Mountains questline to get the Krom'gar gear. The helm and shoulders would be better than your current dungeon items.

Also you can purchase Advisor's Ring from Kelm Hargunth in barrens (costs 1 Mark of Honor), it's better than either of your current rings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread