I suck at my twink.

jk. Suck is sorta harsh, but im not amazing by any means. The problem is, i have almost zero idea why it feels like i get roflstomped the majority of the time in WSG.

Heres my armory: [char=Elune]Disembodie[/char] (which should have CB OH with +15agi)

I know how to backstraife, Im not a keyboard turner, or a clicker.

I dont get fake casted easily and im not always hunting for big groups of trouble. I try to keep up an Expose Armor when on an EFC or mail wearing class, and a Slice and Dice elsewise.

So, i dont get it. My friends like to joke because im a girl.. and apparently were not good at video games.. but, im attempting to be rock-solid regardless of gender. A lot of you BG against me, and a lot of you have BGd with me.

I guess im going back to noob status, cuz im asking you 'mr. amazings', why the hell do i feel like i suck? And what in gods name else can i do to fix it? :( Help pl0x.

PS: Id like to just announce that if im not distracted, eating, or drunk in a BG its rare... so, I guess that could be the reason?

Yeah youre spot on, i dont get it either but you are really bad lol.

Saw you in a BG today, didnt really attack.

Im no pro, but looking at your armory link, I see you have 0 hit rating. From what I have read, hit rating is your biggest dps increasing stat until you are capped. Also means that you dont miss on gouges and stuff. You could replace protectors band wit the 4 hit ring. Or even better, since I see you have access to boa's, the stained shadowcraft chest and shoulders would go a long way to capping you.

Link to Kores Hit info: http://twinkinfo.com/forums/10-19-bracket/7784-hit-rating.html

I am unsure how effective the swift hand of justice is, but I cant see it being more useful than another agm. Your 2nd agm will share the cd with the first, but it is an extra 120hp

Getting your herbing to 225 is a big survivability booster, and getting the fishing hat would mean you coould drop engineering for skinning for the extra crit. Unless you use the bombs and stuff. Preference I guess.

As far as how to actually play your rogue, I will let someone else answer that as I am no authority on it. What I have found tho is that being a good rogue is harder than it used to be due to all the new talents and changes to classes. On my rogue I tend to just be kited endlessly, with no way of slowing them down. Only piece of advice I can offer is dont get caught out in the open, use line of sight as much as poss, and try to fight shamans and druids in doors so they cant take advantage of their speed boosts. Also, some hunters are just plain bad and forget about aspect of the cheetah, so throw to test the water :)

Well today is a bad day for me all together. I did those BGs and just got more frustrated after the first one.. which made me suck more. So, thats why this post is here. And Quelfep, you dont try to fakecast. You just cast a fear after my energy hits 0 like a good lock. Thanks tho.

As far as another AGM goes, the fishing hat, and herb im working on it. Hit, i use Accuracy pots, but i can boost myself more with those BoAs (uhg i hate my 80, so itll be like stepping on needles) in a short time.

Maybe save energy for a kick when you're going against a lock? Being a good player doesn't mean having the best gear and running around mashing SS expecting everything to fall at your feet, you're thinking pre XP locks. Try to look at situations analytically and don't sweat the death, it's capture the flag not top the leaderboards.

I wasnt trying to fear you with 0 energy. Fakecasting is just hard. Most of the time, they have bad reaction times and kick me after I fake cast once; I fakefear, wait half a second, then start to fear again. By the time I start to fear again, they kick me before the cast bar even appears because of their bad reaction times.

Aside from that, whenever I fight you, I never walk away saying "Well that was an easy fight"

Yeh, i dig anyone that can fakecast well or like fake me off a cliff. And it seems like some days i think clear and im like "oh, i should save energy". "oh, maybe i should pop evasion now". and other days i just mash my fingers, hopeing the harder i hit the key the harder ill wack my sword. lol.

So, maybe some more duels? Those make you think, and maybe ill just keep thinking..?

hmm, your AP is low, you should definitely get both emblem BoA pieces, +4 stats to chest too. You can use a 2nd agm, but the extra 1 dps from swifthand is better in gulch (except for wtfemergencypickupflags) is much better.

Ok,

Everyone else is being pretty nice, but you didn't ask for nice, so I will be direct. There are several problems with your toon, and these small fixes can push you from ok to amazing, if you don't believe me, your loss.

1. Get Fishing Hat and Another AGM, your human, That is 270 more hp with no loss to dps, plus fishing hat makes you feel awsome, trust.

2. +4 Stats to Chest=more dps.

3. You need to switch to Spidersilk Drape +3 Agi for the hit.

4. You need to put +40 armor on the pants, yes it can be done, pst a more seasoned twink for how...

5. You need to drop the wsg ring and equip a simple pearl so that you are hit capped with spidersilk.

6. Since your survivability is your problem, switch fiery to lifestealing, you will live longer.

7. Your spec is terrible, change to MOD 3/3, 2/2 Opportunity, 2/2 Dirty Tricks, and 3/3 Camo.

8. Last, and I am not kidding, you need to get max skinning and herb, it makes a gigantic difference to have 225 herb, trust me.

You are pushing for crit and dps with your spec/gear but are missing the vital component of hit, plus missing 270 hp for no good reason.

If you fix these things you will live longer, hit harder, have more hp, and be the kick ass twink you want :)

wow, thanks. ill try it out and see how the results go. Some of those things take time, chance, and less assholes on my server but in time.. yeah i know theyll be done. And the spidersilk outweighs the benefit of the Bandit? yeah its +hit but you lose stats. Whereas I could just reequip the Deviate Scale, use the ring you suggested and use an accuracy pot and be well enough towards, if not over hit cap (which is what now a days? last i remember, it was 8).

I have an alt chest piece (Tunic of Westfall) that i use +4stats on for dmg. And the Defias for hp. Are u suggesting i use my Tunic of Westfall instead? or put +4stats on the chest piece i have only?

And that spec is purely survival/against rogues. Most effective? (Id rather hear from others on it.. because ive heard both arguements before).

Throwed: dude, you see that? A few of us left Dynasty. But i guess were keeping our friends all together in this guild we just made. Nothing serious, we just wanted a guild tag.

Omgima: Yeah, i guess rogues suck now. Who knew? :p

rogues dont suck now. you just cant play like we used to. run into the gy and pop AGM and youve got 20 KBs. play safe, use openers, and save enough energy just incase.

Disembodie said:
yeah its +hit but you lose stats.

Using hit never loses you stats, its always a viable stat for a rogue and if you're horde 15 hit is a must imo. Past the 11 hit rating mark hit becomes worth about 70% of what it was before the 11 hit mark vs everything but nelfs. This means its worth roughly the same as crit rating (depending on you current crit chance) past the 11 mark. Hit rating is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread