EU+US I Miss Heirlooms

Tom Ganks

Yes we still have heirlooms. But I miss the excitement of having them back in Cata or early MoP.
The experience and reward of obtaining one was akin to being max level, doing tons of pvp to save honor/justice and going to the pvp vendor to buy your new tier set. They were more powerful than heirlooms are today, and you genuinely felt stronger with your attacks, HP, and heals when you equipped just a single piece. I truly believe that this was a time in which f2p had the most comparable experience that even endgame (at the time) offered, but obviously downscaled due to less content. I remember saving up over 2-3k honor, just to realize that I had to trade that in for a fraction of the justice points to save up for the heirlooms that reigned superior (besides Dwarven Hand Canon and Insignia).

Pointless ramble, but yeah..
ps: the color of heirlooms (now the artifact color) was satisfying to look at.

Honestly I might miss them if were talking pre-collection tab because if you were pure f2p you had to grind it for every toon, that was kind of cool.

I much prefer the fact that you dont need to use a single heirloom to hold your own weight now though. Full blues/green looks clean.

Don't forget how we use to "rent" heirlooms.
I'd buy the honor heirloom and sell it back in time to get a full refund of honor. That way you could use the heirlooms and continue to farm more honor. AND you could rent justice point heirlooms too, if your saving up for a piece like a weapon that costs more than armor you could rent armor while you farmed your justice points.

Yeah man i miss justice points (the honor point heirlooms generally sucked in mop for arms warr) it gave me something to farm for instead of praying i get a certain 2nd stat affix

I remember getting your first heirloom spellpower weapon with the +42spellpower and you were like "Holyshit" cuz max int that non loom weapons were was 12 int i think?

idk how much it really showed that you had a lvl 80 and did a few heroics. It ruined any incentive of gearing alts

Never twinked anything other than 19s f2p or 29s

idk how much it really showed that you had a lvl 80 and did a few heroics. It ruined any incentive of gearing alts
listen dumb fuck

back then there was no vets
in catac and mop it was only pure f2p. we had to grind out for heirlooms. there was no mailing boas to your lvl 20s

listen dumb fuck

back then there was no vets
in catac and mop it was only pure f2p. we had to grind out for heirlooms. there was no mailing boas to your lvl 20s

Even at 19 some of us grinded the looms through pvp/justice point conversions. It's why most of my looms dont say "made by". It was a huge grind but it was still pretty fun! I miss when the game felt like there was meaningful grinds to do.

It was fun having different gearing choices between int impacting the mana pool size, casters needing hit rating so youd have to sacrifice stats in order to make sure hoj never missed, or resist gear to resist polymorph using keeshan's bandana and cloak enchant. After they made stat priority more linear gearing felt so lame, looms or not. My spirit set was the best, I destroyed priests in av.

Looms didnt ruin things, lack of choices and dumbing things down did. Choices make the game fun blizzard stahp.

Personally dont miss it at all. Im enjoying the questing + upgrade system.

Theres always a "BIS" but the chance of getting all of them probably isnt even possible. Id much rather look at a bunch of random green, blues and purp quest rewards instead of the cyan looms on every single character.

Also gives a lot more variety with builds.

19/29 was a majority of what i played lol. It was cool when rare items like gloom outshined boa to add some spice to a cookie cutter character

yes but at the same time they were absurdly rare, even then. And to this day are controlled by the wallstreet profiteers who hiked up prices after buying them out faster than anyone else. Most of those people didn't care about twinking. I experienced this to some of the most ridiculous extremes when 101s were a thing. I don't find much enjoyment in seeing my wallet and/or gold deplete. Who's the real winner here? The guy who coughed up a ridiculous amount of dough for something that was going to be ruled obsolete each patch/xpac, or the guy who has your money? I'm already paying blizzard, I don't want to have to pay for more gear. Boes from chests and/or reasonable grinds are one thing. But now they've added RNG to damn near everything and I'd much rather have a guaranteed success in grinding through pvp to gear up.

And maybe it's just the pessimism of getting older and playing this game for so long. I enjoyed the rarity of boes as a younger teen. But I look back on the 2.5k I've spent on wow and just fucking hate how stupid I was to buy into the vanity of twinking that way.

Im enjoying the questing + upgrade system

It's the rng upgrade that I hate. It's sickening especially when it's a non-repeatable quest. And (insert crying toddler picture) it's completely unfair. It's like "delete your toon and start over" pretty much. That to me a pretty fucking stupid.

Blizzard has completely removed the concept of BiS.

Last edited by a moderator:
that gearing system wasn't great but it was better

24s losing to f2ps was interesting

I didn't lose much to f2ps :D

Users who are viewing this thread