I can't be the only one, can I?

Crixhs

Grandfathered
its been quite a few years since i decided to give the good old vet account a play and despite my many searches and browsing of this forum primarily and odd posts here and there elsewhere, i could never find the answer to the question of where most f2p/vet players are that also use f2paddon.
I just like to use it because it gives a nice little addition to chat to others and maybe, just maybe, get into groups for miscellaneous dungeons and perhaps even bg's at 20. I also know, for me at least, chit chat while on the game helps make it seem less tiresome to do the grinding that accompanies being a f2p/vet account.
I've tried a few different servers and at different times of the day and yet i have not run into anyone else that would also happen to be using it except one person on AP.
So people of this forum, are you able to indulge me and assist in providing me an answer? o_O

What addon are you talking about? Currently, the guild tab menu also has communities where you can be invited and chat with other people, even from the opposite faction. Currently there are multiple communities i.e. for 20s or 29s. There is always someone online to chat with. I think Ravencrest-EU was always a good choice for twinking but there was a decline since the bracket merge with xp-off. A great place for Alliance players to hang out with other twinks was Goldshire which is kinda empty now but there is always someone in front of the Iron Docks :D

What addon are you talking about? Currently, the guild tab menu also has communities where you can be invited and chat with other people, even from the opposite faction. Currently there are multiple communities i.e. for 20s or 29s. There is always someone online to chat with. I think Ravencrest-EU was always a good choice for twinking but there was a decline since the bracket merge with xp-off. A great place for Alliance players to hang out with other twinks was Goldshire which is kinda empty now but there is always someone in front of the Iron Docks :D
F2paddon was an addon developed by one of the leading members of the original F2P community ("Yde" if I remember right) back in Cataclysm. Everyone that was a f2p had that addon. It acted as what we now know as wow groups like you mentioned yourself. Every f2p on that realm could chat with each other in the /f2pchat. You'd be able to whisper p2p players "inv" to set up a group for your f2p party. It let you synchronize queues as well as see who was queued on your faction/realm.

It did so much for F2Ps.

The addon isn't updated anymore i believe, I've stopped using mine when the addon client moved to Curseforge. It's been rendered useless from all the newer features on WoW anyways.

I get a trip down memory lane when I play my 20 vet on AP and see a player name log in, meaning my old f2paddon had had added him to my friend's list automatically. Good times. Nobody adds specific characters as friends anymore lol.

its been quite a few years since i decided to give the good old vet account a play and despite my many searches and browsing of this forum primarily and odd posts here and there elsewhere, i could never find the answer to the question of where most f2p/vet players are that also use f2paddon.
I just like to use it because it gives a nice little addition to chat to others and maybe, just maybe, get into groups for miscellaneous dungeons and perhaps even bg's at 20. I also know, for me at least, chit chat while on the game helps make it seem less tiresome to do the grinding that accompanies being a f2p/vet account.
I've tried a few different servers and at different times of the day and yet i have not run into anyone else that would also happen to be using it except one person on AP.
So people of this forum, are you able to indulge me and assist in providing me an answer? o_O

Well, over time i'd say that the use of f2paddon has been replaced slowly with the use of discord (xpoff and wow20) or in-game communities for communication, LFG, BGs, etc ...
Iirc the addon had been put up to date (correcting the functions renames that happened) for 9.1 somewhere on xpoff, but nothing really from the original author.

I'm working on a "new" version of what f2paddon was proposing ("new" in that it's not just a rewrite of the older addon, and that there is much more added ^^'), and that for a while now.
It's still under development because it's not ready for the public yet (lots to be done on security / anti-spam), as well as some cross-realm/cross-faction stuff.
Currently it's about 25 people having that "alpha" version, mostly on ArgentDawn-EU (because that's from where i am, and found friends to help on testing the addon) or MoonGuard-US (because of the whole hardcore f2p challenge) for now, with some more spread around or just there to follow the development.
I send you the link to the discord in PM if you wanna join the adventure, just know that you won't get tons of people at a time online, but that is hopefuly what will happen once it's released. Keep in mind that there are still some bugs, and that suggestions are welcome too ;)

Anyone interested is welcome to hit me in PM :PepeComfy:

Last edited:
It's been many a moon since I heard anyone ask about that addon. Brings back a lot of good memories. Makes me want to logon to Vashj and /who all the old names I can still recall

Users who are viewing this thread