I am a 2x Twink Cup Champion AMA

Flamer

2014 and 2016 Twink Cup Champion
Due to a large number of requests from various twinks, I'm finally getting around to doing one of these.

I won the twink cup in 2014 with <Skill Ratio> and then again in 2016 with <Gurubashi Surf Club> where we beat my old team, <Skill Ratio>, in the finals. Ask me anything.

If you were to construct a twinkcup team this year, saying you could get any player, theoretically. Who would be your picks, and why? What compositions would you run with?

Resto Druid FC: Fearthebuns
Disc Priest: Aoitsaka
Disc Priest: Dan
Resto Shaman: Partygirl
Rogue: Saxxon
Feral Druid: Nature
Any spec Hunter: Stabilt
Arcane Mage: Mvq
Destro Warlock: Flamer
Destro Warlock/Survival Hunt/Arcane Mage: Yowza

I would run these players, and the comp I would run would depend on how well the team does in practice games. Whichever comp worked best in practice games whether that be Yowza on lock or survival hunter would come down to experimentation and how well the players gel together. Also, HB and MVQ are interchangeable.

Subs:
Resto Shaman: Phron
Disc Priest: Blurz
DPS Filler: Vet

Last edited:
What's your training regiment? How do you prepare yourself for such a big event like the twink cup? What inspires you? What's your most memorable moment from your experience playing in the twink cup? What are your biggest strengths? Weaknesses? I know you're an e-athlete...do you also incorporate strategies, good habits, other skills, etc. into your game play from other real sports that you might have played in? Who's your favorite person you've ever played with? Who's your least favorite person you've ever played with? Do you have any badass stories about playing in the twink cup that you haven't shared with the public? Where will you be in WoW & in real life in 1 year? In 10? Do you have any regrets during your WoW career? In your opinion, who is the best troll to ever set foot in the message board arena of battle known as xpoff aka twinkinfo?

Last edited:
Is it true you timed your chaos bolt with last tick of immolate and rend in twink cup

Why didnt you win in 2015? tsk tsk
I played for <HARVEST> in 2015 and while we had some solid players that were even a part of the 2016 GSC team, we ultimately underperformed for many reasons and were eliminated in a heartbreaking series loss against <PING> a team that was never really considered a serious contender.

Personally, I originally was supposed to play lock but ended up switching to boomkin for the actual tournament. I didn't have much experience on boomkin since I mainly played mage and lock. I think if I would have been able to perform on destro warlock at the level I did in the 2016 twink cup, it would have made a difference.

I played for <HARVEST> in 2015 and while we had some solid players that were even a part of the 2016 GSC team, we ultimately underperformed for many reasons and were eliminated in a heartbreaking series loss against <PING> a team that was never really considered a serious contender.

Personally, I originally was supposed to play lock but ended up switching to boomkin for the actual tournament. I didn't have much experience on boomkin since I mainly played mage and lock. I think if I would have been able to perform on destro warlock at the level I did in the 2016 twink cup, it would have made a difference.

What's your training regiment? How do you prepare yourself for such a big event like the twink cup? What inspires you? What's your most memorable moment from your experience playing in the twink cup? What are your biggest strengths? Weaknesses? I know you're an e-athlete...do you also incorporate strategies, good habits, other skills, etc. into your game play from other real sports that you might have played in? Who's your favorite person you've ever played with? Who's your least favorite person you've ever played with? Do you have any badass stories about playing in the twink cup that you haven't shared with the public? Where will you be in WoW & in real life in 1 year? In 10? Do you have any regrets during your WoW career? In your opinion, who is the best troll to ever set foot in the message board arena of battle known as xpoff aka twinkinfo?
What's your training regiment?

My training regiment is 20-30 minutes of boxing style jump roping like this:

Afterwards I lift weights for about an hour and finish it up with some sort of ab workout. If I'm feeling it I might go for a run.

How do you prepare yourself for such a big event like the twink cup?

Played a lot of pugs leading up to the 2014 twink cup, often group queueing with Pizza and other team members to build synergy. MoP pugs could be pretty competitive so it was decent practice. I didn't really prepare for the 2016 twink cup other than playing plebmades once every week or two.

What inspires you?

In the context of 19 twinks, it'd be beating Pizza.

What's your most memorable moment from your experience playing in the twink cup?

Beating SR, especially considering the fact that they used a warlock in 2015 but ultimately swapped it out during the finals because it was a liability. Then, the next year, GSC beat them using a warlock and showed that it can work if you play it right.

What are your biggest strengths?

Landing kills and positioning.

Weaknesses?

Performing in objective scenarios, like O/D situations for example.

I know you're an e-athlete...do you also incorporate strategies, good habits, other skills, etc. into your game play from other real sports that you might have played in?

I keep a water bottle on my desk to stay hydrated.

Who's your favorite person you've ever played with?

Grizzlefoot. Playing double arcane mage with him for the 2014 twink cup was so sick.

Who's your least favorite person you've ever played with?

In terms of premading, probably Slique because he's constantly whining about the smallest things and it really kills the mood of the team. He would be playing lock and bitching about keg smash, then an hour later he's playing BM monk and bitching about Conflag. It never ends and it also doesn't help that he's pretty much always been one of the weakest links on any team he's premaded for.

Do you have any badass stories about playing in the twink cup that you haven't shared with the public?

Not that I can think of at the moment. If I think of one I'll edit this post.

Where will you be in WoW & in real life in 1 year?

I suppose WoW depends on how 19s turn out in the next expansion. If there are wargames/premades I'll probably play casually. In real life, I'll probably be preparing for law school applications one year from now.

In 10?

Hopefully not playing this game.

Do you have any regrets during your WoW career?

2015 twink cup I feel like I underperformed and I definitely feel partially responsible for our team getting eliminated so early.

In your opinion, who is the best troll to ever set foot in the message board arena of battle known as xpoff aka twinkinfo?

Idiote.
[doublepost=1525038270,1525038238][/doublepost]
I love you flamer do you like 4lokos
Yes how did you know
[doublepost=1525038872][/doublepost]
Is it true you timed your chaos bolt with last tick of immolate and rend in twink cup
For the most part, no. It revolved more around me seeing a window of opportunity to land a kill based on my positioning relative to the kill targets' and how much pressure (if any) I had on me. There might have been times where someone would call out that rend tick was coming up but with how difficult positioning was as a destro lock, it just wasn't realistic. With a BM monk and arms warrior, if I got caught out of position even by 4 yards there was a 75% chance I would be dead unless I had goblin jump available.

In your opinion, who is the best troll to ever set foot in the message board arena of battle known as xpoff aka twinkinfo?

Idiote.

tenor.gif

My all time favorite class is definitely MoP Arcane mage because the skill cap was so high. They could land sneaky kills in mid but very very few people could play the class at a high level. WoD warlock is a close second, the main reason I swapped to destro lock in WoD was because it had similar kill potential with chaos bolt like how arcane mage in MoP did with Arcane blast+Barrage and positioning was really important.

Currently destro lock is my favorite but I don't like it nearly as much as the previously mentioned classes. The skill required to play it is definitely a lot lower, and the way Blizzard changed up conflagrate to incentivize using it before chaos bolt instead of afterwards where you cast it as your chaos bolt hits your target makes it a lot less fun.

Users who are viewing this thread