Hurricane Harvey

Tom Ganks

Has anyone been effected by this?

Sucks for anyone in Houston.

Some of the town I live is has had some mandatory evacuations for flooding, but we're currently safe In our area. We should be in the clear when it moves up north-east.

What is the problem? All your wooden houses are now houseboats free of charge.

Coventry, England seems to be doing fine. Will keep you updated though, it's a scary time for all of us

Be careful out there. Step outside and you'll be on the local obituary. Tough times for you gents.

I'm living it. I live in Deer Park just outside Houston and close to their refinery areas.
It's been an all-around shit sandwich here. We've been fighting the water from coming in our back door since last Friday night. Anyone who has seen any news in the past 3 days has heard of the massive flooding here. It truly is a catastrophe.
Keep Southeast Texas in your prayers please.

Szoey(no one you know in game)

Unfortunately I live in a part of Houston that suffered the worst from this. 3 ft. of water was in my house. The entire yard surrounding the house was like I lake for as far out as I could see, the vehicles had water almost over the hood. Thankfully the rain has slowed down a bit and the flooding has begun to subside. Tomorrow should hopefully be the last day of this, then it's just waiting for the water to move out completely and dealing with the aftermath.

Yep, it is still pretty bad here. My family and I have been volunteering since last Sunday. We were very very fortunate to have not lost anything except power. We had several friends that lost everything thing though. It has been pretty devestating. Both airports were shut down for a while. We had to drive to Dallas to catch a flight to LA for the A&M and UCLA game yesterday.

/cheers

Been to his furniture store a few times when I was a wee lad.

IMG_20170827_162729.jpg

^ That's my front yard.

That sucks so bad

Was that truck previously operable? And if so, did you seal up the exhaust?

That truck hasn't been started up in years, it's not much of a loss (and it's not the first time it's been flooded, nor will it be the last). At one point the water rose over the top of the hood. My entire house was like a lake. We had 3 feet of water IN the house, it was probably much deeper outside. The water is all gone now (for the most part), but the post-flood cleanup is a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread