Hunters Enchant your weapon before you socket the 2 relics

Merlin

Grandfathered
all those hunters who wants to freeze their xp at 109, do note that you can actually enchant your artifact weapon with WOD engineering enchant, the enchant is usable on ilvl152 weapon (your artif weapon without relics is ilvl151), once you put in the first relic, your weapon cannot use the WOD enchant anymore and you can only use those from BFA, Hemet's Heartseeker is the best enchant for 109 hunters atm

all those hunters who wants to freeze their xp at 109, do note that you can actually enchant your artifact weapon with WOD engineering enchant, the enchant is usable on ilvl152 weapon (your artif weapon without relics is ilvl151), once you put in the first relic, your weapon cannot use the WOD enchant anymore and you can only use those from BFA, Hemet's Heartseeker is the best enchant for 109 hunters atm

Wish I had done this for my 101 twink mage. Now I’m stuck with having to use navigation chants which need to ramp up, where as the warlords don’t.

:(

yeah i know .. 3 of my hunters in the same situation .. but luckily i have 2 more hunters in the 100-109 not having the artifact weapon yet, so i am working on them now, and thought i should sound out to those who are going through the same thing

Due to situations like this I am very glad my warrior's weapons barring protection are stronger than the artifact.

Edit: If your wondering yes the 101 BoE weapon will beat them out in terms of damage on average at high ilvl. But it seems hard pressed for much to beat 5 600 dps tentacles on one target while i'm still using all my cooldowns. This damage increases/decreases too generally up to 700 dps, likely through damage % modifiers. along with this, it slows the enemy for ya. Its random, but generally I would take it over that 101 BoE weapon for the burst I can likely force the proc with by using whirlwind. As most don't know to attack these tentacles, on worse it distracts them for a second and at best it deals a ton of damage and prevents them from getting away by slowing them.

Last edited:
and you can only use those from BFA, Hemet's Heartseeker is the best enchant for 109 hunters atm

What's the ilvl of your Artifact at 109? Did you get the crazy BoE relics from legion? If not, can you check to see how the BoA weapon compares with incendiary on it? I think it might be a decent alternative worth looking into.

edit- ive been testing at 99 and it doesn't exactly make up for the ilvl loss at 136, but BoA being 158 at 109 it might.

And @101Warriors I guess I see the answer to my question from another thread. Covers the value of your input then.

Wish I had done this for my 101 twink mage. Now I’m stuck with having to use navigation chants which need to ramp up, where as the warlords don’t.

:(

Ask blizz to remove your gems :0

ive been testing at 99 and it doesn't exactly make up for the ilvl loss at 136, but BoA being 158 at 109 it might.
i got the artif weapon at 98 and it is ilvl152, and immediately enchant it https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/Cæléstråsz this guy (my 3rd 99 hunter) is still missing a neck and a cloak, started making him on monday with a SoO run and tuesday with another SoO run, and lucky to get almost all the gears in just 2 runs .. i have a 151 Gorrog's Serene Gaze with socket in the bag, have not equip it, still looking around for something better, i need to change one of the trinkets too Ticking Ebon Detonator

this is my other older hunter (my 1st 99 hunter) with the 151 gears https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/Cælësträsz

you are right about the BOA Hellscream's Warbow at 136 .. i am working on another hunter (my 2nd 99 hunter) gearing around this BOA at the moment, i intend to gear the bulk of its gear from SoO, i am currently using this on my 3 lvl101 and 3 109 hunters too as i couldnt get the enchant onto my artif anymore.

i did 7 bg runs on my newest hunter yesterday, straight wins, with a burst macro, i can get all my dmg increased by 70% for approx 10 sec and a fighting distance of 73 yards !!! lolol .. i just love the range which i can fire my bow

also in my findings, when i was 98 lvling up to 99, i use Tanaan Orange and Felstone, after comsuming them before entering bg, they did not appear when i am inside the bg .. this happens to my 101 toons too, so i am concluding that only players with the "9" in that bracket can use these 2 buff .. lvl99, lvl109 etc ..

wow190202-3A.jpg

i just realise this is a 100-109 thread lolol my bad .. but the gearing for hunters in 99 and 109 is almost the same .. i started with 109s .. and then i bring the burst concept to my 99 because a 99 has all the abilities the 109 had, so i was thinking if my 109 can do it, chances are a 99 will enjoy that kind of dmg too .. so now that i had done SoO on my 99, i am trying to see if there is a chance this higher dmg can be apply to my 109 hunters

Last edited:
i just realise this is a 100-109 thread lolol my bad .. but the gearing for hunters in 99 and 109 is almost the same

Yeah. ;)

So do you know the ilvl of your 109 hunter artifact? Just deciding what level I want, if I decide on the BoA then it's 109.

Yeah. ;)
So do you know the ilvl of your 109 hunter artifact? Just deciding what level I want, if I decide on the BoA then it's 109.

my 101 and 109 hunters weapons are all ilvl168 .. i only gotten the higher green upgrades at 101 .. didnt manage to get the ilvl925 epic relics, at that time i didnt even know that there is such a thing as epic relics .. by the time i realised it, blizz already put a stop to epic drops from lockboxes, i bought in over 2 guild banks loads of lockboxes, there is a certain way to identify lockbox that contains the epic gears, but it drops only normal lvl stuff for me after blizz removed epics from them totally, but many are leech with sockets .. if only i had kept all these greens, they would be very useful now, but i didnt think so much at that time as i was hunting solely for the relics, a waste .. these days i cant find any leech with socket gears anymore

i have both 101 and 109s for these classes .. hunters dks pallys mages priests shamans druids .. i feel 109 is superior to a 101 .. ie. a 109 hunter feels better than a 101 hunter .. so if you are just doing bg, do a 109, and use a 2 socket BOA over the artif .. i dont know how much does ilvl925 relic scale to now, but you can assume not many of them left in the game, they usually moved up to higher brackets

all my 109 hunters are using BOA with 2 sockets and 1 mastery enchant

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah I just found a 109 DK on my account and checked him, only had one relic but I figured it out. I level most everything from legion invasions now so no drops to put in the artifacts. Sadly I managed to get one, I guess...

Any thoughts for a 152 blood DK artifact enchant? I know you like those and my 160+ was the unholy weapon.

edit- also, in the vein of the 99 thread, on the PTR heroic WoD dungeons show as 145 but still 136 on live. Gonna run a few tonight to see if they can proc epic too for non-BoE and non-gem slot upgrades, if possible. Should be 152 with 136 enchants if they can go epic. Maybe bracers, boots, cloak.... have to see.

i remember my blood DK was heavy on haste .. for DK, there is no other better enchants than a DK own's runeforged enchants .. you can enchant it on any lvl, that is the good thing about DK lolol .. the only time i ever use an "outsider" enchant on my blood was dancing steel on a sun-lute .. other than that, i dont remember ever using external enchants .. whether its blood or frost or unholy, the DK's own enchant is superior

at 109, the winning bg crates drop +8 blue relics .. so most 109 are ilvl168 (152+8+8) without much effort

DK are my favourite class, when blizz created this class, they deliberate created it unfairly, and they maintain it till this day

whether its blood or frost or unholy, the DK's own enchant is superior

Ok thanks! At lower levels im not so sure about that, but we don't get to use crusader/landslide at 109... ;)
[doublepost=1549097964,1549090653][/doublepost]Ok, since this is a 100-109 thread ill post the WoD heroic results here while we're on the subject: https://imgur.com/PBmDJTz

Weird stuff, the 100 heroic drops scale up to 152 on the PTR, and the epic procs only go to 154. Got some sockets too.

The one epic AND socket (chest) dropped for my 110 runner tho, like the only epic AND tertiary when I was running 99s. I don't know if that's intended or just a fluke, seems weird when they're both above the xpac. Follower was 103.

I put my 103's current boots in there for comparison, with the gem and 136 enchant they may fill off-slots nicely.

edit- it's heroics tho, cant spam them like 99. Didn't occur to me that it's all level 100 required drops until the last dungeon tho, will try legacy tomorrow to get two shots per boss. I don't have a 110 mail to run for (should be) all mail drops... :(

edit- got a nice shoulder running 2 plate so the drops were all good for my 102... https://imgur.com/HOpkSdR

I don't know why the scaling is wonky for 100 heroic tho… might be a bug. Hope not.

Last edited:
at 109, the winning bg crates drop +8 blue relics .. so most 109 are ilvl168 (152+8+8) without much effort

Sorry to cram the thread, but just noticed that on the PTR BoA ilvl is now 163 at 109... I'll be using incendiary after all.

Sorry to cram the thread, but just noticed that on the PTR BoA ilvl is now 163 at 109... I'll be using incendiary after all.

i am testing Incendiary Ammunition on some of my hunters at the moment .. they are giving the highest dmg output so far .. much more than Hemet's Heartseeker .. and the reason i think is they do not seem to have any cd

hmm .. even boa has an increased in ilvl .. do you have any legion 101 boe ? do they also increase in ilvl respectively in ptr ?

My legion BoE are all the same, I don't think legion scales up at all... pretty sure it stopped with WoD. So far.

And yeah, incendiary is pretty badass burst. I can totally deal with only 163 ilvl vs 168 artifact. 99 is still iffy...

edit- I think BoA are 139 at 99 on the PTR. Probably worth it there too, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread