hunter stats prio

alain

Hey! idk if i've missed a relative post but i was wondering if anyone has a clear view on bm hunter or any of the other 2 specs of whats more beneficial stats wise to max at 20 lvl. i'm currently playing BM stacking crit mastery with a mix of versa haste and it's been working fine along with my playstyle till now, though i must admit i havent run against many competitive teams!

You cant got wrong with mastery and crit as hunt. Versa allways neat for flat % all dmg and heal. Haste seems kinda meh for all specs.

i tried mm with a lot of haste, just to see what it does to my aim shot cast time .. true enough, its CRAP :D:D:D.. so ignore haste .. if your full set is savant you win all other hunters .. but thats rare, so you will likely end up with harmon gears, again if mastery is max on your harmon gears (min versa), you will be good .. ignore crit .. gem all with agil +3 .. enchant with mastery as your priorty, followed by agil/attk power .. i dont play bm or surv.. only mm .. dont forget you can use leather savant too if you cant find all mail

Was just going to add. If gem gear agi. And agi versa. + unique gwm from hellfire 3 crit 3 stam are good. Crit is also not bad stat for op. They stated that they run as bm? Bm mastery crit=/= vers. Depending on use. And to add, BM is totally viable in pvp and pve at 20. MM has burst dmg, bm has "press" bm burst can go nuts too if timed right. MM is the easy kb. Bm is more "drain kill"? If you get what i mean. Also bm has more dmg pve, so farming and dung better.
[doublepost=1616170622,1616163684][/doublepost]And to add. Shadowmoon valley mammoth tooth trinc thingymahika that you loot from bones. I use that when bm. Great mastery boost for double pet and kc. When wrath.

i tried mm with a lot of haste, just to see what it does to my aim shot cast time .. true enough, its CRAP :D:D:D.. so ignore haste .. if your full set is savant you win all other hunters .. but thats rare, so you will likely end up with harmon gears, again if mastery is max on your harmon gears (min versa), you will be good .. ignore crit .. gem all with agil +3 .. enchant with mastery as your priorty, followed by agil/attk power .. i dont play bm or surv.. only mm .. dont forget you can use leather savant too if you cant find all mail

y i tried haste too - not maxed - , thought it could give faster cobra shots, faster in a truly notable way but i didnt notice much difference so i guess you re right

Was just going to add. If gem gear agi. And agi versa. + unique gwm from hellfire 3 crit 3 stam are good. Crit is also not bad stat for op. They stated that they run as bm? Bm mastery crit=/= vers. Depending on use. And to add, BM is totally viable in pvp and pve at 20. MM has burst dmg, bm has "press" bm burst can go nuts too if timed right. MM is the easy kb. Bm is more "drain kill"? If you get what i mean. Also bm has more dmg pve, so farming and dung better.
[doublepost=1616170622,1616163684][/doublepost]And to add. Shadowmoon valley mammoth tooth trinc thingymahika that you loot from bones. I use that when bm. Great mastery boost for double pet and kc. When wrath.

during bg's i see pretty good dmg, doubt if i could get close to mm, and consistent dmg due to pet helping a lot barbed+kill command , which sometimes gives me the opportunity to go back a bit, use cobra which is instant and get another kill command fast, generally feels a bit easy and fast rotation with only bestial wrath as the only true cd. I find it fun to play despite mm gives bigger numbers. I havent tried survival tbh (last time i did surv had explosive shot xD)

thnx for the feedback guys

Last edited:
Maybe I’m just lucky as hell, but this trinket seems to have an unreal % epic upgrade chance. 6 out of the 7 toons I’ve killed it on for the trinket has been an epic proc
Helps if you have the right garrison building. Which one is it that increases the chance for draenor quest upgrades?

If anyone wonders; most once and done drops fall within this category of ‘quest rewards’ including rare mob loot. Always lvl garrison a bit before questing. Same goes with legion order hall research

Last edited:
just got it
artemis.jpg
, guess i ll try again for the epic version , not bad at all

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/traffik

A lot of haste here

From wowhead BM guide :

Haste: Haste increases your passive Focus regeneration and reduces the cooldown of Barbed Shot and Kill Command. Haste also reduces the global cooldown time. The more Haste you have, the smoother the rotation will be. All of your pets inherit your Haste for their attack speed.

Sound good to me
Traffik usually plays MM/SV, mostly MM. Like most hunters who have slept on BM this whole xpac and are seeing the potential of the spec are switching or at least trying it out now.

I recently just won the Bread & Circuses 3s tourney playing BM. Personally I like haste for all hunter specs but I gear towards savant/harm pieces and then gem agi haste. I end up at like 12%haste which feels like enough for me. BM is insanely good and is being slept on hard

Regarding sleeping on BM - I also thought BM was a sleeped-on god of all hunting, but after trying it out in bgs for like 40 games, I am much less sure about that.

I absolutely see the wonders of BM in arenas. It's miles better there than MM and can totally compete with SV (and win). That's exactly why I thought BM would rule in bgs as well. Alas, in my experience, BM in bgs is lacking to both MM and SV. SV is better for pressure and MM is better for burst, BM is in a weird spot where you kind of hit and kind of try to kill but you always wish you were one of the two other specs so that your hits mattered more. There are better hunters than myself (both skill-wise and gear-wise) who were playing BM who I beat as non-BM and vice versa. I completely agree a lot depends on the level of familiarity with the spec, but that "vice versa" above removes that bias wrt myself.

So, I will likely continue experimenting with BM for some time, but in general I am slowly coming to terms with BM being better than other hunter specs in arenas but worse in bgs. (Which is a pity, I really wanted BM to be great everywhere. Ah, well, could still be that not just me but others I fought were playing BM wrong - we'll see.)

BTW, saw your games @djfistingodx, really enjoyable! Gz on the win!
[doublepost=1616245204,1616244296][/doublepost]Also, on stats, at least for MM: mastery is great, crit is great as well, versa is ok, haste is meh. I gemmed agi+crit on my first twink and the only thing I'd do different in terms of gems would be to switch 2-3 to talasites, to survive for one hit longer. Maybe not even that, maybe just switch 1 to talasite and get better BOEs (I am lacking in ilvl 28 greens).

Savant = mastery only.
Harmonious = mastery / versa.

If you are wondering about numeric values, I don't have them handy but I vaguely remember seeing them somewhere here.

Reactions: Zib
BTW, saw your games @djfistingodx, really enjoyable! Gz on the win!
[doublepost=1616245204,1616244296][/doublepost]Also, on stats, at least for MM: mastery is great, crit is great as well, versa is ok, haste is meh. I gemmed agi+crit on my first twink and the only thing I'd do different in terms of gems would be to switch 2-3 to talasites, to survive for one hit longer. Maybe not even that, maybe just switch 1 to talasite and get better BOEs (I am lacking in ilvl 28 greens).

Appreciate it man, was a lot of fun and hopefully there will be more 3s tourneys soon :)

I think BM can defo have a place in bgs, i constantly keep up damage wise with survivals and MMs. At the end of the day, you can play whatever you want in bgs to a reasonable high level.

I think BM can defo have a place in bgs, i constantly keep up damage wise with survivals and MMs.

Cool, I'll keep trying then!

One very basic thing I wanted to reassure myself about if you don't mind - when I take Animal Companion, I get (a debuff for 35% less pet damage on each pet and):

(1) autoattacks and Kill Command from both pets,
(2) basic attacks like Claw from the pet I am calling (not the second one),
(3) special abilities like Ravage and Pin from both pets,
(4) specialization bonus and ability (well, Survival of the Fittest is the only one) from the pet I am calling (not the second one).

Correct? Because early on I wondered if I could take, say, Ferocity and Tenacity pets, and get both bonuses, but this didn't seem to be the case, but I am unsure and should perhaps re-measure - is this supposed to work or should you be limited to just one bonus?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I'll say right now that I am in love with BM-style gameplay. 100% mobility is corrupting me to the bone. So I'll absolutely try to work on damage.

Cool, I'll keep trying then!

One very basic thing I wanted to reassure myself about if you don't mind - when I take Animal Companion, I get (a debuff for 35% less pet damage on each pet and):

(1) autoattacks and Kill Command from both pets,
(2) basic attacks like Claw from the pet I am calling (not the second one),
(3) special abilities like Ravage and Pin from both pets,
(4) specialization bonus and ability (well, Survival of the Fittest is the only one) from the pet I am calling (not the second one).

Correct? Because early on I wondered if I could take, say, Ferocity and Tenacity pets, and get both bonuses, but this didn't seem to be the case, but I am unsure and should perhaps re-measure - is this supposed to work or should you be limited to just one bonus?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I'll say right now that I am in love with BM-style gameplay. 100% mobility is corrupting me to the bone. So I'll absolutely try to work on damage.
Yeah you only get family bonuses from the pet you call. I use the hydra for Mortal Strike + Wall because I am built towards arenas rather than pub stomping in bgs. I think leech or speed is possibly better for bgs but I always q with my mates who are healers so leech isnt that big of a deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread