Hunter help

Deesick

Legend
Hey, levelling a hunter for the first time. Never played one before. Are there any good guides out there? I'm not looking for a gear guide, I know where that is. Just looking for some general assistance in the prep stage from 35-39. What I should be doing, info on different pets, notable quests and all that jazz.

I know I need Skull of Impending doom, stopwatch, mark of chose, skill handling gloves etc.

Cheers,

Dee

Hey, levelling a hunter for the first time. Never played one before. Are there any good guides out there? I'm not looking for a gear guide, I know where that is. Just looking for some general assistance in the prep stage from 35-39. What I should be doing, info on different pets, notable quests and all that jazz.

I know I need Skull of Impending doom, stopwatch, mark of chose, skill handling gloves etc.

Cheers,

Dee

Highest level boar you can get is 27, so you'll want to be sure and have him leveled up at least by the time you hit 38. Imo that's the only pet you need, but some like Broken Tooth as well, so at lvl 37 you could go get her. I have her and haven't ever wanted to use her over a boar.

Once you have your pig, start doing dungeons that you need like RFD or Gnomer if you want the ring. You want to avoid rested XP so that when you hit 39 you have no rested and can immediately go lvl your pet to 39, do Mark of Chosen and be done with XP.

Last edited:
Where do you get the boar from at level 27?

Thanks for the info

Where do you get the boar from at level 27?

Thanks for the info

Bellygrub in Redridge is level 24. Otherwise, you can grab the elite boars in RFK if you're worried about getting one as high level as possible (25-28). You'll also want to check and see what other pets you'll need to tame to train abilities, such as dash or higher ranks of bite. This site is an excellent resource: https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/abilities.php

Alliance or horde? If horde, you'll want vanquishers sword from rfd quest at 37 and a nordic longshank from uldaman dwarves. You'll also want a shadowforge bushmaster and engineering crafted ammo. Arachnid gloves of the monkey off spider boss in RFD, either wolffear harness, 12/12 monkey chest, or robes of the lich (again, RFD). Scorpashi wristbands until you can buy some unearthed bands of the monkey, basilisk hide pants, swampwalker boots, tigerstrike mantle, assault band, necklace of calisea or scout's medallion, adventurers pith helm, fleshhide shoulders or the 5 str 10 stam 10 agi shoulders (name is escaping me right now), ogrons sash/gnomish harm prevention bel . Not really that complicated

Users who are viewing this thread