Hunter - Footpads of the Fang or Feet of Lynx

Ðoom

CBA life
So,

For a hunters using Venomstrike and Wind Serpent hypothetically could Footpads of the Fang be better than the Feet of Lynx due to hunters always using Leggings of the Fang hence getting the 2 set.

My theory is that since Serpent Sting, Venomstrike(Proc) and Lightning Breath gets buffed by +7 it could outweigh the +4 agility that Feet of Lynx provide not to mention Fang is also providing a +4 stamina which clearly outweighs the +3 strength Lynx provides.

I've yet to test this so i'm not sure what damage the +7 provides but if someone already have tried it out and can comment on the matter i'd appreciate it saving me from having to farm another item.

Last edited:
Even if it does apply to all three things, they will all have different spell coefficients, and I seriously doubt any of them will be very favorable. Seat of the pants guess is that you might get one more damage per tick or proc out of +7. The pet is only going to inherit a fraction of your +7 to use and then LB will have its own coefficient which will also suck.

If most of your total damage is still auto-attacks at level 19 (it generally is, right?) then no it wont likely be "better".

So,

For a hunters using Venomstrike and Wind Serpent hypothetically could Footpads of the Fang be better than the Feet of Lynx due to hunters always using Leggings of the Fang hence getting the 2 set.

My theory is that since Serpent Sting, Venomstrike(Proc) and Lightning Breath gets buffed by +7 it could outweigh the +4 agility that Feet of Lynx provide not to mention Fang is also providing a +4 stamina which clearly outweighs the +3 strength Lynx provides.

I've yet to test this so i'm not sure what damage the +7 provides but if someone already have tried it out and can comment on the matter i'd appreciate it saving me from having to farm another item.
Is there any confirmation on Lightning Breath scaling with your Nature Spell Power? I thought Warlock pets didn't get any benefit from the Warlock's spell power either.

Also, here are the spell coefficients I found from Wowhead that would be affected by the Nature Spell Power.

Arcane Shot (Rank 2) = 0.3
Serpent Sting (Rank 3) = 0.185 per tick
Mend Pet (Rank 1) = 0.14 per tick

I meant with gear, which is all that matters or can be altered by decision.

edit- saying taking off or putting on gear changes nothing for your pet's character sheet, which is all we can worry about.

Is there any confirmation on Lightning Breath scaling with your Nature Spell Power? I thought Warlock pets didn't get any benefit from the Warlock's spell power either.

Also, here are the spell coefficients I found from Wowhead that would be affected by the Nature Spell Power.

Arcane Shot (Rank 2) = 0.3
Serpent Sting (Rank 3) = 0.185 per tick
Mend Pet (Rank 1) = 0.14 per tick

You're the man, thank you. Now I can actually do the calculation if this is a generalized coefficient of spell dmg disregarding levels.

The thing is when i've tried calculating things using the information provided on different sites the math doesn't add up in regards to what is happening in Classic, specifically on a 19 character. The same thing happened when i calculated the spirit benefits on my priest. I had to completely start from scratch to get the parameters right due to everyone always using level 60 as baseline.

I can't yet confirm the nature damage scaling with LB this is the only parameter i'm not 100% certain of as of now.

@Warglave There are many things in WoW which aren't dynamic meaning they still get a bonus increase from gear and other factors not showing on Blizzards UI.

Last edited:
You're the man, thank you. Now I can actually do the calculation if this is a generalized coefficient of spell dmg disregarding levels.

The thing is when i've tried calculating things using the information provided on different sites the math doesn't add up in regards to what is happening in Classic, specifically on a 19 character. The same thing happened when i calculated the spirit benefits on my priest. I had to completely start from scratch to get the parameters right due to everyone always using level 60 as baseline.

I can't yet confirm the nature damage scaling with LB this is the only parameter i'm not 100% certain of as of now.

@Warglave There are many things in WoW which aren't dynamic meaning they still get a bonus increase from gear and other factors not showing on Blizzards UI.
Always happy to help, bud! Yeah, spells below level 20 get a spell power penalty that gets worse for every level under 20.

I think you got dynamic mixed up with static. Pets receive nothing from your gear in classic so forget about LB scaling.

Users who are viewing this thread