EU+US Hunter advice!

Cattywompus

Veteran
Hey guys! I am currently working on a hunter vet, and I think I finally hit a reroll I am satisfied with. I ended up rolling an epic soothsaying vest, epic field spear, and blue sparkproof. The original plan was to keep rerolling until I got epic sooth and epic spark, but I have an ilvl 28 thorbias I had planned on using over spark(I believe it's a bit better especially with glove reinforcements) all my epics are farmed up, and I am just curious about some enchants! I see that the +4 scope on a blue bow is far more powerful than an epic hand of argus, but I also see hunters with greater impact over ele force on the staff. What are your guys thoughts on those 2 enchants for surv? Also, what is your opinion on sparkproof vs ilvl 28 thorbias? I have a metric assload of downtime, so I really want to get this toon perfected!

Here is my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/terokkar/daddywomp

Most of your damage on surv is gonna come from your dots. Use ele force. Impact doesn't scale like it does for feral. And +agi will boost your pet damage but it won't be terribly helpful for you.

As for gun, I dunno? Slap galeforce on your blue bow then weapon swap to incendiary or +damage when it procs?

Most of your damage on surv is gonna come from your dots. Use ele force. Impact doesn't scale like it does for feral. And +agi will boost your pet damage but it won't be terribly helpful for you.

As for gun, I dunno? Slap galeforce on your blue bow then weapon swap to incendiary or +damage when it procs?
Hell yeah, I tested it out for myself, but there's a scope that gives +weapon damage from cata/wotlk, and it scales to like 80 extra aimed shot damage. Pretty outrageous.

Most of your damage on surv is gonna come from your dots. Use ele force.

Depends how you play Surv. If you're a kamikaze that poons into melee range to raptor them to death, you're gonna want impact. If you're dotting them from the backline with serpents and wildfires, ele is the way to go.

Depends how you play Surv. If you're a kamikaze that poons into melee range to raptor them to death, you're gonna want impact. If you're dotting them from the backline with serpents and wildfires, ele is the way to go.
diving into the backline like a kamikaze loon is what my warrior is for. I tend to play surv like a tanky control bot. hang out in the back, dot folks up and peel for healers.

how many rerolls did this take you?
I got an epic sooth on my first try, but green gloves and green staff. I got about 10 rerolls for epic sooth an hour. Took about 40 more rerolls to get it again and lead me to where I got to. Might try it a few more times this week.

Yes! This on the naga heartpiercer is better than an epic hand of argus with gale force, to my understanding.

yeah, that scope is actually broken. the tooltip says it scales down to +4/5, but it actually gives the full amount @20, or at least it did a while back when I was testing it. it's pretty obvious when you throw it on an heirloom gun and make a second copy without the scope and test autos/aimed. that's why aimed scales up so high--you're actually getting that +15 or whatever it is @70 multiplied several times over

tested it on this guy here, probably outdated by now
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/sploofmatics

ps even with force multiplier buff up on epic hand of argus, heirloom gun with that scope still deals slightly more damage. didn't luck into epic spark on this guy but I wouldn't trade my thorbias for them regardless

yeah, that scope is actually broken. the tooltip says it scales down to +4/5, but it actually gives the full amount @20, or at least it did a while back when I was testing it. it's pretty obvious when you throw it on an heirloom gun and make a second copy without the scope and test autos/aimed. that's why aimed scales up so high--you're actually getting that +15 or whatever it is @70 multiplied several times over

tested it on this guy here, probably outdated by now
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/sploofmatics

ps even with force multiplier buff up on epic hand of argus, heirloom gun with that scope still deals slightly more damage. didn't luck into epic spark on this guy but I wouldn't trade my thorbias for them regardless
That's insane! I am going for an epic 16 agi bow/gun just incase they make it work as intended. I'm strongly considering on playing survival having rolled an epic field tested spear. That shit is fucking bananas.

Hey guys! I am currently working on a hunter vet, and I think I finally hit a reroll I am satisfied with. I ended up rolling an epic soothsaying vest, epic field spear, and blue sparkproof. The original plan was to keep rerolling until I got epic sooth and epic spark, but I have an ilvl 28 thorbias I had planned on using over spark(I believe it's a bit better especially with glove reinforcements) all my epics are farmed up, and I am just curious about some enchants! I see that the +4 scope on a blue bow is far more powerful than an epic hand of argus, but I also see hunters with greater impact over ele force on the staff. What are your guys thoughts on those 2 enchants for surv? Also, what is your opinion on sparkproof vs ilvl 28 thorbias? I have a metric assload of downtime, so I really want to get this toon perfected!

Here is my armory

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/terokkar/daddywomp

What farming route did you do? It seems you went for soothsayer first then sparkproof.
Theoretically, soothhsayer is not really mandatory cus its replaceable with bg gear. This roll is really good but epic sparkproof and epic field tester would have been perfect.

Stamina to thorbias?
Personally i'd put AP enchant on it like this this guy Goohd. Thorbias already has a lot of stamina to hold its weight. It yields the most AP out of any glove, so it makes sense to stack with more AP. If your shooting for 'balanced' set; Keep in mind you can always trade glitch glove reinforcement on naga gloves or something.
Like I mentioned above. It woulda been perfect to have epic sparkproof as part of a DPS set and then that would allow you to use thorbias as a more stamina tilted set.

This is just obviously shooting for perfectionism and shouldn't be taken serious. But i just thought i'd bring those 2 points to the table. Overall congrats on the good roll, very jealous!

What farming route did you do? It seems you went for soothsayer first then sparkproof.
Theoretically, soothhsayer is not really mandatory cus its replaceable with bg gear. This roll is really good but epic sparkproof and epic field tester would have been perfect.

Stamina to thorbias?
Personally i'd put AP enchant on it like this this guy Goohd. Thorbias already has a lot of stamina to hold its weight. It yields the most AP out of any glove, so it makes sense to stack with more AP. If your shooting for 'balanced' set; Keep in mind you can always trade glitch glove reinforcement on naga gloves or something.
Like I mentioned above. It woulda been perfect to have epic sparkproof as part of a DPS set and then that would allow you to use thorbias as a more stamina tilted set.

This is just obviously shooting for perfectionism and shouldn't be taken serious. But i just thought i'd bring those 2 points to the table. Overall congrats on the good roll, very jealous!
Yeah, the way I look at the rolls is I'm going to use the chest in every set, and the diff is 5 vers, versus 1 stam 1 agi 1 vers 1 crit. I can live with that! Especially the gloves being the variant in the sets. I went to darkshore first, if I got an epic soothsayers I'd go to wetlands for spark, and then I'd hearth back to sw and then do the field tested quest. Got about 10 epic soothsayer rerolls, and everytime I got green gloves and green spear. Might call it quits.

I made a few twinks in a rush before my sub ran out and didn't have time for re-rolls. Turns out I'm rather smitten with my hunter but all I have for gloves are ilevel 26 Gordoth's Crushers. No luck on the Sparkproof Gauntlets and no access to the AH for Thorbia's Gauntlets. What's a guy to do? I blew it on the Glove Reinforcements obviously, but I've got a couple of +4 Agil enchants in my bag and don't want to use one until I am sure. Any recommendations?

I've done the rest of the Wetlands quests that rewards gloves and am eyeing up the Duskwood questline to try for an epic Yorgen's Mitts. I've killed Garneg Charskull a couple times in Wetlands but am not convinced that's going to yield much. Do I go start farming Goblin Technicians till my fingers bleed in hopes of Thorbia's?

I made a few twinks in a rush before my sub ran out and didn't have time for re-rolls. Turns out I'm rather smitten with my hunter but all I have for gloves are ilevel 26 Gordoth's Crushers. No luck on the Sparkproof Gauntlets and no access to the AH for Thorbia's Gauntlets. What's a guy to do? I blew it on the Glove Reinforcements obviously, but I've got a couple of +4 Agil enchants in my bag and don't want to use one until I am sure. Any recommendations?

I've done the rest of the Wetlands quests that rewards gloves and am eyeing up the Duskwood questline to try for an epic Yorgen's Mitts. I've killed Garneg Charskull a couple times in Wetlands but am not convinced that's going to yield much. Do I go start farming Goblin Technicians till my fingers bleed in hopes of Thorbia's?
Farm up some slither scale gauntlets from WC. 8/8 is hard to beat.

Also I wanna revise my post about enchants. Having played a ton of survival lately and with some extended target dummy testing, I dont think ele force is the way to go. Not even dual ele force on daggers. Either impact or +10 agi is gonna be better, even on multi target dotting. dual ele force starts to barely squeak ahead if you're able to maintain a perfect rotation of dots and melee on 3+ targets but even the slightest mistake (or having to play actual real world games where CC is more important) and its falls back behind impact/agi.

Yeah.... Slitherscale Gauntlets.... so un-epic. :) But it makes sense...
[doublepost=1589684850,1589657953][/doublepost]I've killed 293 Goblin Technicians over the past 35 minutes. Nothing so far. Pretty sure I killed at least 200 more earlier today.
[doublepost=1589689615][/doublepost]904 dead Goblin Technicians over 1 hour 55 mins. No gauntlets. Listened to a good podcast though.

Slither scale are 1 stam better than regular ilvl 23 thorbias, but if you can manage to get them to drop off an npc they should be ilvl 28. 10 agi 9 stam. Farming ilvl 28s is something no one really has a solid understanding of just yet, but goodluck my man!

Users who are viewing this thread