Hunter 39 bis

There's a pinned thread with BiS lists. Yes many things can be better, but we'd need to know more about your planned spec to say more.

I would go with glutton's shoulders, but that's preference
Quillboar or lich robes I'd take over quillward for hunter.
10/10 arachnid over gloves of holy might, but they are rather difficult to get.
I'd suggest going Shadowforge Bushmaster with Crafted Engineering bullets over BoSA
Also, I see you're horde so Nordic Longshank is most definitely better for your OH than that dagger.

MM is gonna be my spec.

Why do you prefer intellect over agi in some items? like chest.

btw, im reading your pinned thread.
[doublepost=1579123960,1579123339][/doublepost]
I would go with glutton's shoulders, but that's preference
Quillboar or lich robes I'd take over quillward for hunter.
10/10 arachnid over gloves of holy might, but they are rather difficult to get.
I'd suggest going Shadowforge Bushmaster with Crafted Engineering bullets over BoSA
Also, I see you're horde so Nordic Longshank is most definitely better for your OH than that dagger.
Nordic updated. Was a mistake.

So do you think if I update the weapon, the chest and the gloves, the twink can be BiS?

Btw, what chest is Quillboar? Cant find :p

Int items are only taken when you can get a lot for a little in terms of trading for Agi / Stam. Having a big Mana pool is crucial for a Hunter in any bracket, but especially 39s where you will be spamming Viper Sting along with everything else. Multi-shot is also very expensive and we all want to fire a lot of those off. 2k Mana will keep you in the fight a very long time and you will still have Mana after being drained by other Hunters. 135 Mana to fire Viper Sting but it will drain 5x that from each target, so one of your main prioities in any kind of difficult battle is just hitting everyone you can with that. Add in Feign+Traps mid combat and you're really dumping Mana all the time.

That being said, it's fine to have another set that has little to no Int on it for when you can't fill up your bars, and want to max DPS for a particular reason, but beware of doing this because if you die it's an extra thing to worry about respawning in low Mana gear.

The only slots this applies to are helm, neck, chest and hands though.

MM is gonna be my spec.

Why do you prefer intellect over agi in some items? like chest.

btw, im reading your pinned thread.
[doublepost=1579123960,1579123339][/doublepost]
Nordic updated. Was a mistake.

So do you think if I update the weapon, the chest and the gloves, the twink can be BiS?

Btw, what chest is Quillboar? Cant find :p

Oh, oops... I got confused. It's Wolffear Harness I'm talking about.

Oh, oops... I got confused. It's Wolffear Harness I'm talking about.
ill be running this setup for my hunter https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-pl...5Pk4riiWiTiwLMycMC4cNCwQOSZ6PMzQ2OpAkp05EEiTO
Some changes i mite do would be underwood ring for a eagle or falcon ring or maybe seafire band for sta, x2 nordic with 22int later on and if i cant get a miner helm of the deep itll be a 12/12 eagle or monkey maybe even a falcon.
Edit : Prob have 2 boots aswell, minor speed and +sta and if i can get a unearth monkey i will but not holding my breathe

Your job as MM is just to vipersting 24/7, ebb n flow in mid while keeping track of EFC at all times, mana is your main prio and you will be oom alot even with a big mana pool, have a fc set, know some jumps and you can carry games hard.

Don't see any survival hunters on EU so can't provide tips regarding that but all the big boi hunters on EU go heavy mana/int.

Your job as MM is just to vipersting 24/7, ebb n flow in mid while keeping track of EFC at all times, mana is your main prio and you will be oom alot even with a big mana pool, have a fc set, know some jumps and you can carry games hard.

Don't see any survival hunters on EU so can't provide tips regarding that but all the big boi hunters on EU go heavy mana/int.
well at the end of the day more mana = more damage anyway, sure you may not hit as hard but your hitting for longer.

ill be running this setup for my hunter https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-pl...5Pk4riiWiTiwLMycMC4cNCwQOSZ6PMzQ2OpAkp05EEiTO
Some changes i mite do would be underwood ring for a eagle or falcon ring or maybe seafire band for sta, x2 nordic with 22int later on and if i cant get a miner helm of the deep itll be a 12/12 eagle or monkey maybe even a falcon.
Edit : Prob have 2 boots aswell, minor speed and +sta and if i can get a unearth monkey i will but not holding my breathe

The one thing I can say about falcon gear is that you need to consider your ratios of Mana to Stam. What I mean is basically that if you lower your Stam and raise your Mana you are doubly increasing the chance you will die before using all the Mana. You always want to match high Mana with high Stam so that you can survive long enough to spend it. This reinforces the concept that stacking Mana on a glass cannon type - a.k.a. falcon gear, is a risky setup. The times that it can work is when you have support from teammates and a low risk of dying.

The one thing I can say about falcon gear is that you need to consider your ratios of Mana to Stam. What I mean is basically that if you lower your Stam and raise your Mana you are doubly increasing the chance you will die before using all the Mana. You always want to match high Mana with high Stam so that you can survive long enough to spend it. This reinforces the concept that stacking Mana on a glass cannon type - a.k.a. falcon gear, is a risky setup. The times that it can work is when you have support from teammates and a low risk of dying.
Oh yea i wont be dipping under 3k hpz unbuffed, 3.1k hpz and 2.2k without the 440 from x2 22int 1hders honestly dont think ill be going with falcon, the only place id go falcon is maybe 1 ring slot and maybe helm but that would be it, but doubt itll happen i like sta to much haha, at the end of the day its out lasting your opponent rather than trying to burst him down

Also, this is a really good build. Even inspired me to equip an Obsidian Cleaver myself since we can get +9 int on it and only a weapon chain on one handers.

Also, this is a really good build. Even inspired me to equip an Obsidian Cleaver myself since we can get +9 int on it and only a weapon chain on one handers.
Yea ob axe is mean as but once that 22 int is out you just cant beat it, but still for sta set ob axe is the best

I favor Warden's Wraps or 12/12 monkey chest over Wolffear.

There's several huge threads about the ranged weapon debate but the TLDR is that High Impact Mithril slugs beat Razor Arrows by a ton, and the proc breaks Scatter. Also Bushmaster gives you bigger autos.

Depending on your server of choice, a lot of this gear is going for nothing on the AH (mine at least) and you can have multiple versions of just about anything except the top tier rarest gear... i'd offer to just try everything before enchanting.

If you like a certain idea, try it out for yourself and don't just assume others know whats best for you. Experiment! ;)

edit- more specifically on the chest question, the difference is so negligible I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference. Like outofspace said the 12/12 chest is a few more stam, which is always good - 5 more agility might be "stronger" for a survival build? 15% agi talent itself will give you like 1 more AGI with the wolfear? So... that's better? Hard to notice tho.

Like 13.5/13 vs 19/7 ..ish? With the stam/agi talents. I'd say it makes up for the loss of one useful stat on the wolfear since it's such a low-level blue. But can you even tell the difference? If it gives you confidence either way, try that.

edit2- sorry, i'm building a wall of text here lol. If you're going to go that route with the chest (survival) i'd suggest going 2x Nordics too, since you'll be getting like 18-19 AP and 5 stam and a lil bit of crit vs just flat 28 AP. Food for thought.

But... you're MM so my wall is kinda moot. Sorry. XD
MM is gonna be my spec.
MM has a lot less utility so i'd go for more stam where it doesn't seriously affect DPS. Not too many escapes for MM.
Scatter IS nice tho… but not much going after that compared to survival. Hope you might try both, experiment!

Last edited:
BTW im failing all tries to tame Rotting Agam'ar level 28 elite from Razorfen Kraul.

Is there any requeriment? im 30 btw.

Nope. I don't know why that happens, are you taking too much damage? Try using a freezing trap, maybe.
Im with 2 accounts. Im doing 1 auto attack with a 55 hunter to get the aggro. Then with the level 30 i use tame, but after 1 seconds the spell is always cancelled.

It sounds like the 55 is still shooting to me. What happens when it cancels, who does it attack?

Why do you need a 55 to shoot it at all? Try doing everything on the twink.

Users who are viewing this thread