hunter 2-pc crafted for focus stats

Merlin

Grandfathered
in this bracket you can use the 2-pc LW crafted if you are gearing mastery stat:

mail:
Tsunami 2pc set bonus 34 mast

this mail set for hunters gives a very significant boost to overall ability
enh sham can also consider them since mast is the current priority stat
use them to replace your 2 weakest gear, usually boots & bracer

cloth & leather have their crafted too, but i dont think they are useful:
Deathsilk 2pc set bonus 24 int
Spiritmend 2pc set bonus 34 versa
Darkbrand 2pc set bonus 24 stam

there are no set crafted for plates

Significant boost? They have no secondary stats on them at all, would be very surprised if they came out much on top of ds offpieces with sockets, it any upgrade at all.
And also the death silk 2 piece + deathweave 2 set bonus are both bis for casters with spellfire and/or Whitemend, seeing as they give you more spellpower based on your total int.
[doublepost=1552268678,1552268270][/doublepost]
treads-of-dormant-dreams

It's not letting me link pictures, but bracers of the hunter-killer, and treads of dormant dreams still comes out on top, and that's not even double socket mastery boots.

It's not letting me link pictures, but bracers of the hunter-killer, and treads of dormant dreams still comes out on top, and that's not even double socket mastery boots.

the figures for hunter (all gears being constant, swapping only the 2 pcs in question):

using 2 pc crafted Tsunami Bracers + Tsunami Boots
rapid = 3348 / 47 yard
aim = 2662 / 47 yard

using Treads of Dormant Dreams + Bracers of Looming Darkness (mastery stats bracer, hunter-killer gives a lower output)
rapid = 3168 / 46 yard
aim = 2522 / 46 yard

i have all the gears, so i swap them to check .. maybe extra 100 dmg or 200 dmg is not significant for many players, but to me i kill for it :D

for a moment i was lost when you said no secondary stats, the stats on the gears are:
the crafted Tsunami Bracers is 14 agil/21 stam/ 7 versa/ 12 mastery
the crafted Tsunami Boots is 18 agil/27 stam/ 10 versa/ 14 mastery

compare that with
Bracers of Looming Darkness is 13 agil/ 22 stam/ 8 crit/ 8 mast + 1 socket
Treads of Dormant Dreams is 16 agil/ 29 stam/ 10 crit/ 10 mast + 2 sockets

Last edited:
Oh dafuq, when I looked up the crafted gear on wowhead it said it has no secondary stats.. if the 2 set does actually have secondary stats on it then i wouldnt be suprised if it's probs better.
I'll have a look tonight when I get on.

Last edited:
Oh dafuq, when I looked up the crafted gear on wowhead it said it has no secondary stats..
Bracers of the hunter-killer is better than the bracers you mentioned due to it having 2 sockets with an agility bonus.
When you factor in the agil+crit gems your losing and also with the 2 socket bracers it would be close.. if the 2 set does actually have secondary stats on it then i wouldnt be suprised if it's probs better.
I'll have a look tonight when I get on.
i am not sure about other classes, but for mm hunters try not to rely too much on crit .. a 10% and a 20% crit doesnt give you much of a diff, thats just my testing .. as long as your hast and crit are both over 10% it is fine, jam up mastery .. then versa if you can, mastery alone gives me 40% increased in overall dmg for my lvl89 hunter .. and extends my range by 17.8%
[doublepost=1552272070,1552272036][/doublepost]
I believe it's random on creation, so that's why wowhead leaves it blank... and cuz wowhead sucks sometomes. ;)

yes .. i have to create tons of them until i get the combi that i needed

Yea mastery gives more damage and range, but you have to sacrifice agil and crit to get it .. mastery changes the tooltip of aimed shot, so changing a from crit to mastery of course the tooltip is going to increase. Doesn't mean it does more damage.. it doesn't take crit Into account.
Idk about you but even with shit gear I do 11.5k+ aim shot crits on clothies, but If I'm already gunna be one shotting them I would much rather have 40+ crit then hitting harder non crit, and praying you get a crit.. as you said roughly 10% crit so you're barely gunna be critting ay ahaha.

5 agil+ crit gems vs 4 agil 4 mastery.. look at the numbers.. it's pretty clear what is the winner.
At the end of the day if you have full twink gear and you're vsing levelers in bgs.. it really doesn't matter much haha

i avoid items that has crit on it .. and still ended up with about 21% crit .. its on the gears, not that i wanted them, i uses all 4 agil 4 mast gem .. used to be all 7 agil, but agil/mast for me is so much better now .. at the moment i am keen to test out the lvl87 intel trink on a mm hunter .. because of the 222 mast proc on that intel trinket

And idk what testing your doing aye? 10% crit vs 20% crit doesn't do much? Your right... it's only a 10% damage increase over an extended period of time when the avg of hits to crits even out.
It will only ever be a 10% crit vs 20% crit is 10% damage.
[doublepost=1552273199,1552273060][/doublepost]Yeah you just said it yourself.
Your using 7 agil gems... of course agil mastery is better.. because 7+ agil is shit in comparison to agil crit gems.
If you really wanted the most from your twink you would already know that 5+ agil 5+ crit is superior to 7 agil gems or agil/mastery on any class no matter what. That goes for with Intel crit for pretty much any class with the exception of ret and boomy.
You really think 2 agil outweighs 5 crit? On 25 gems....?
Goes the same with agil crit gems.. you lose 25 crit and 25 agil for like 20 mastery... Yeah so worth it ay hahahha
time to rethink the hunter maybe.

Last edited:
the reason why i dropped crit totally was i once had well well over 100% crit stat, 100% crit means every of your shot should be a crit shot isnt it ? no .. i did NOT crit 100% of the time in combat ! i didnt even crit 30% of the time in combat .. from then on i dont rely on crit .. also, i am not the kind who rely on uncertainty in combat, if it pops good, if it doesnt i did not factor that in when i string macros in the beginning

i am not often on my 89s .. usually 99s and 109s because of the double tap ability .. killing anyone in 99 and 109 is just merely a few seconds

Ok... Lmfao.............
Firstly... getting 100% crit or over 100% crit is virtually impossible on a 85.. so yeah cool.. lol...
Secondly... I don't know how many drugs you were on...? Or what the go was...? But sorry to tell you bro.... but what you just said made me laugh really hard.......
If you have 100% crit... you crit 100% of the time NO MATTER WHAT, if you have 50% crit... ON AVERAGE you will crit 50% of the time.
If that isn't what you found then you encountered a bug and should of reported it.. because that's how crit has always worked... And ALWAYS will work like that.

@Will-raziti
Check out what this old m8 just said in the last comment... well over 100% crit... Nah bro I only crit 30% of the time... HAHAHAHAHAHA
[doublepost=1552274890,1552274399][/doublepost]Ahhh your the same hunter who said hks mean something... it's all making sense now...
You were told in the 80 hunter tread that you don't need double tap to one shot someone.
As I said earlier my shit geared hunter ( literally dinged 85 last night) can Already crit 11.5k aimed shot... with 40% chance to crit.
Idk about you bro... but last time I checked 11.5k is more than someone's entire hp bar... in one aimed shot...?
But once again with all this gibberish you talk, really doesn't surprise me that you think 80 bracket hunters are shit ahaha.

Ok... Lmfao.............
Firstly... getting 100% crit or over 100% crit is virtually impossible on a 85

it was easily done .. i cant remember which expac .. when lvl91 twinking relys on the super scaling at that time

i dont mean now .. it was from that time onwards, i dropped crit totally

it was easily done .. i cant remember which expac .. when lvl91 twinking relys on the super scaling at that time

i dont mean now .. it was from that time onwards, i dropped crit totally

This is a 80 bracket thread mate not a 90 bracket thread. Regardless if you could get 100%, crit or over... what you said is just plain WRONG.
100% crit means every hit is a crit.. no matter which way you look at it.

with 40% chance to crit.

maybe your crit and my crit is different definitions .. for me, to say 40% crit, it means when i fire 10 aim shot, 4 of them MUST crit .. if i do not CONSISTENTLY crit every 4 out of 10 shots .. that is not crit for me

Yes... I'm sure......
I'm no newbie to wow, twinks or pvp... I've been around a long time...
As I said test it.
I have... And that's why I'm saying with 1150% certainty that I'm correct.

Users who are viewing this thread