Chest: Quill
Bracers: unearthed bands of monkey
Weapon: POD
Hands: (Eventually holy might)
Waist: Orgron sash
Legs: Basilisks
Boots: Swampwalker
Rings: Underwood / Assault

My question is revolving around HP enchants vs raw damage....I feel as though getting 100 HP on the head and legs may be a smart investment when compared to 8 agility. Suitability long enough to potentially get another WF off etc. 100 hp vs +4 stats to chest is interesting given the overall boost from the stats.

Would love to hear opinions and possible tweaks to my current gear set. TY

I'd probably go 8+ strength

I like monkey bands @tonybones.

I dislike tigerstrike mantle & gloves of holy might. I'm heading to work, i'll try to explain more when I get the chance

100 hp everywhere because stamina is a retarded BiS stat 99% of the time unless facing leveling rabble that poses no threat(and even then a glass set doesnt really matter cuz you kill them anyway)

tigerstrike is BiS
gloves of holy might or arachnid gloves of the tiger or whatever

battlehard-cape over tigerstrike-mantle. There are too many sources of agility at 39. Capitalize on AP/strength items when you can.
trackers-gloves of the bear 9/9 over gloves-of-holy-might. 9/9 gloves all the way IMO. Holy might's are too glassy for enhance. skilled-handling-gloves are another great option, since it is important to have a decent sized mana pool for totem spinning & shock spamming. And once again, I'd prolly do 1x 8+ strength enchant, and 1x 100+ HP enchant.

Arachnid Gloves are going to beat any 9/9 glove.
[doublepost=1570545107,1570544667][/doublepost]Every 7 str is gonna be +4 damage for PoD.

So I guess the question is do you want ~4 more damage or 100 hp

Oh true, Arachnid gloves are BIS.

I looked at them weeks ago and wasnt appealed. Maybe the suffix variant I was looking at specifically wasnt BIS for the build I had in mind during that time. I'd deff try to grind out a few pairs while leveling

Last edited:
I will definitely get that Battlehard cape and try to farm out multiple arachnid rolls. I should pick up the "Of the bear" unearthed that I saw on the AH for 12g

Realistically, a 7/7 "of the bear" 29 cape may trump the battlehard cape.

7 stam 14 AP vs 8 stam 10 AP ThinkingFace

Yes get unearthed of the bear or monkey whenever you see them. I currently have of agility on my shaman, but its just a temp. item

Yes get unearthed of the bear or monkey whenever you see them. I currently have of agility on my shaman, but its just a temp. item

Excelsior boots look very solid....btw, how can I link items here?

Excelsior boots look very solid....btw, how can I link items here?

Get on Wowhead, look up the item you'd like to link > right click the item > Copy link > use the link feature in the xpoff text box to paste the link

I highly recommend using sixtyupgrades. It can auto generate sets for you based on given stat weights.

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/6URrhjw5z6atagqVvJH54r - auto filled based on 60 enh stat weights

It's not right 100% of the time, but it gets you really, really close. If you were to go full glass, it would look something like that.

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/79UUgaZg2h5YpfFd7W52oa - auto filled based on str = stm > agil

Great build...2800 health and 470 AP with almost 5 crit. The agi build I did has 2129 HP, 356 AP, and 10.57 crit. honestly, Yours might be better. 700 HP is huge..
[doublepost=1570549717,1570549366][/doublepost]https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/a7jfp1z72eLxKPaCsVsHCP Something I conjured up. Roughly what I would be doing. Thoughts?

No point having a POD if you are not alive to swing it. I would use Spirewind Fetter or Warden's over Quilliard and Scorpashi cape. Unless you find a pair of Bear, Monkey, or even Stam bracers i would use Scorpashi Bracers as welll.

Constitution to Legs is +100
Constitution Head is +100
HP to Chest is +100
Wardens is 12 Stam, Fetter is 11 Stam + 12 Int and some Str.
Scorpashi Cloak is 7 Stam.

You are missing out on just a tab under 500 HP for the sake of 3% Crit, and under 10 Weapon Damage. Having the same or even less health as a rogue isn't really a solid plan. You need to take into account that there is no Stam Lenses, 150 HP Enchant, Cleft Hide to legs.

You gonna die in a hunter opener bruhhh.....

Edit* You can also get the monkey proc spider gloves from first boss in RFD and since there is no Shoulder enchant yet you should just get Fleshide and save the pair of Flintrock until you can enchant them in ZG Patch. There is also a neck that has 11 stam 3-4 str on it available i think.

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/fRBGrr5qLmQJocFJwawzB2

This would be the phase 1 set i wold roll around in, i would have some all str/agi set as well for messing around but I would want to be at 3k with Fort.

Last edited:
Definitely +4 all stats to chest though. 16 juicy stats on that puppy for shamen. Hard to argue with dropping constitution everywhere, it's a very bursty bracket.

This is just my 0.02$, but I still don't understand why literally everyone but me thinks that 1 agility > 1 strength for enhance.

All these monkey / pure agil builds gain 5% crit at the expense of like ~100-150ap.

I really don't think that going from 10 to 15% crit is worth losing over 30-40 damage per white hit (90-120 for WF). You do more damage in 18 noncrit 2 crit WFs with strength than you would in 17 noncrit 3 crit WFs with agility. WF crits are going to be noticeably higher with strength, too.

Agility would have to give .1% or more crit per point or 1 ap per point before I see it being better than strength. 5% doesn't really add enough consistent crits to warrant building around it imo. I can see the merit in going full tiger, though.

I'd say that although weighting Str marginally higher than Agi is a good call, you have to acknowledge that you are getting armor and dodge from Agi too. Crusader also factors into the calculation imo since it will cover your Str needs nicely.

That being said, it only matters for what, bracers and gloves? I think most people would call it a day getting either Tiger, Bear, or Monkey in those slots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread