How viable are Warlocks?

Funnystrike

I have a purple name and i like it
How good/bad compared with Mage/SP are Warlocks now? I havent touched mine yet because i am Equiping my Rogue first. Can someone link a Twink ?

they are decent, but with a interruptible cast time and channels its gonna be a tough meta for them. HP pools are low and dmg/burst is high. if you can get high haste/mastery/versatility that should help, but crits are pretty important for dmg since crit seems to generally scale well at low lvls, but it really depends on the spec.Their lack of mobility is what really hurts them in this sorta meta, and their healing is good but it can just get interrupted.

Last edited:
In pve I have 1700-2300 chaos bolts crits, 4000-5500 soul fire crits.
Affli is kinda fun with drain life trait in helm +same talent, at 50 stacks of each it is ~900 non crit-1500crit per tick, 5 ticks overall. You can also use malefic at lots of dotted targets, mine hit in pve for 1300 crits.
Demo has silence and felguard stun, but not as high damage as 2 previous specs, but with succubus pvp talent dps (not crits but dps sic!) is at destro level ~650-750 at pve dummy. With felguard talent or bilescourge you can reach 1000-1200 dps at solo target once per min/30 sec. My lock is in signature, still gearing.

they get silence immunity from unending resolve and nether ward from pvp talent so their kit makes up for the long casts of soulfire which will 1shot people and if our high ilvl gear keeps getting nerfed i can see chaos bolts chunking 60-80% of someones hp maybe even 1shotting

played one through the whole ptr and it seemed broken as hell even without gearing it fully

Users who are viewing this thread