US How to use focus macros?

CIHC

That One OG
I've been to 1750 in 2s but I can't wrap my head around using these .Watching gladiators do this sinoly makes me sad. How can I incorporate focus into my keybinds.

I use the following

Q w e r t a s d g z x c v b
1 2 3 4 5
Mousewheel up down (shift, Ctrl, alt)
Shift A S D F T ~ and `
Middle mouse button

Any advice or protips would be baller. :) id also lwoukd enjoy how to vanish sap. Gotta l2p after all.

Last edited:
focus keybinds for me are usually the shift variant of the keybind the regular spell is bound to. For example on my rogue sap is on "D" and focus sap is on "shift D". This is the case for almost all of my focus binds and I think it's a good place to start. As time goes on and you become more comfortable with focus binds some new macro opportunities will open up. Your current base keybind setup looks perfectly fine, I would recommend trying out "alt" and "ctrl" modifiers for those respective keybinds so that you have more buttons that are bound. For example "alt D" is a good bind for me but "ctrl D" isnt. Go through all of your binds and gauge what does and doesnt feel good with those respective modifiers.
[doublepost=1539622258,1539621872][/doublepost]With regard for vanish sap, players leave combat after 6 seconds of not pressing any buttons. If youre playing rogue and you blind your off target with your new focus blind bind and your attacking the main target for pressure and you want to extend the duration of CC on your off target you vanish(whenever this is optimal defensively, but with the current state of the game vanish sapping isnt always a good idea so I wouldn't unless you can guarantee a kill. But yeah, vanish and then sap as close to the end of the intial CC duration for maximum uptime. You can vanish sap out of any CC that lasts for 6 seconds or more.

You really only need focus spells for your Crowd Controls.
in this case it would be blind, kidney shot, cheap shot, between the eyes, gouge, etc...
Much like Brov, I use the shift variant for my mouseover macros (I prefer mouseover over focus, they're much better if you can pull it off) and I've grown comfortable to this playstyle.

Screenshot (34).png

For example:
<T> is my blessing of sacrifice, <Shift+T> is my mouseover blessing of sacrifice.
<E> is my hammer of justice, <Shift+E> is my mouseover hammer of justice.
so on, and so fourth.

You could do something like, <mousewheel+down> for shadowstep, then <mousewheel+up> for focus shadowstep (or [@party1] shadowstep), then <G> for cheap shot, & <Shift+G> for focus cheap shot. This is my first pvp season in 10 years and I've broken 2100cr with randoms in group finder playing with the appropriate macros. Once you get it down you'll be golden. Hope this helps.

I've been to 1750 in 2s but I can't wrap my head around using these .Watching gladiators do this sinoly makes me sad. How can I incorporate focus into my keybinds.

I use the following

Q w e r t a s d g z x c v b
1 2 3 4 5
Mousewheel up down (shift, Ctrl, alt)
Shift A S D F T ~ and `
Middle mouse button

Any advice or protips would be baller. :) id also lwoukd enjoy how to vanish sap. Gotta l2p after all.

You know? I usually exclude T, G, & B from my hotkeys, probably because I don't have enough stuff to fill them up with. Also Ctrl & Shift feel so awkward to switch to from my default WASD resting position, for me, I usually keep it strictly Alt+.

However, I will reconsider with further input to your inquiry from other, more seasons players than myself.

Thank you for bringing up a somewhat neglected topic.

A slight update should anyone care

I have started using mouse wheel up down and middle for arena 123 however it's really weird since I used that for interaction on mouse over. I'll keep digging around on YouTube for (possibly outdated) guides and see what I come up with.

I also reverted to a standard mouse cause I spanked my Razer Naga epic to death. /Shrug.

Users who are viewing this thread