How to Solo Stratholme ?

Sciiek

Hey,
I play Pally (Prot & Ret) and i wanted to farm the sword of Stratholme (The one who gives speed & health every 5 sec) but i entered and it seems that the mobs were too strong, it was like very hard to go through the dungeon so i stopped, i'm at ilvl 61, should i aim more WF stuff before trying to farm the sword or is it just me doing it the wrong way ?
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks

I'm full f2p and have no enchants btw

But as a pally i can't have it, and as f2p i think it's pretty hard to get it from what i've read

Try to get a few WF pieces to have an easier time. Honestly this dungeon is one of the few that we can't steamroll brainlessly without being overwhelmed at level 20, especially at low ilvl.
Try to pull carefully, it's very easy to pull extra patrolling mobs or just extra mobs in general considering how dense the packs are. The necromancers trash mobs can put a debuff on you that reduces you strenght and they can drain your mana, kill them first when you come across them. There is a mob that can see you while stealthed so be careful with the Bloodthorn ring since they can quickly break your stealth, I think it's the gargoyles but I'm not 100% sure it's been a while since I farmed Stratholme.
The banshee boss requires you to always stay below 50% health so you'll have to kill a pack of mob and let them bring you down to less than 50% before pulling. She also has a Silence ability so be wary of falling too low and be unable to heal at the last minute. Get as much Stamina and as little crit as you can to avoid having your heals making you go over 50%.
Ramstein is just a stat check, you'll need some gear and the Prot spec. He regularly stuns you for 4 seconds if I remember correctly so try to keep your HP always near 100%.
Also, make sure your loot spec is Retribution!!! I personnaly did quite a few runs as Prot with Prot loot and it really sucks when you realise it.
All in all the dungeon isn't that hard but you'll have to be a bit more careful than you would be when farming WoD dungeons. Just try to hit an ilvl of 70-75 to be comfortable.

Hey,
I play Pally (Prot & Ret) and i wanted to farm the sword of Stratholme (The one who gives speed & health every 5 sec) but i entered and it seems that the mobs were too strong, it was like very hard to go through the dungeon so i stopped, i'm at ilvl 61, should i aim more WF stuff before trying to farm the sword or is it just me doing it the wrong way ?
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks

I'm full f2p and have no enchants btw
You should still be able to farm it with relative ease (done with ilvl58 and heirloom weps) how big are the mob pulls you make and what is your talent setup?

Users who are viewing this thread