General How to get your BoA Shipyard Rings [Guide/Blog]

Solipsist

They/Them
Introduction:

Hello fellow twink citizens and welcome to my Shipyard ring mission guide. Note this will be updated and changed when further hotfixes, discoveries and changes are made to this process. There are alot of Shipyard guides out there but this will mainly focus on getting your BoA rings as fast as possible and clear up some confusions you may have.

What you will need!

wow_icon_inv_garrison_resource.jpg
10000+ (You will need to keep farming as much Garrison Resources as possible to speed this process up, guide below)
wow_icon_garrison_oil.jpg
Plenty of Oil

A level 3 shipyard with a Carrier
wow_icon_ships_ability_bombers.jpg

All the Equipment

Optional but recommended

Mage Tower(For
ability_skyreach_empowered.gif
Mission completion order)
Trading Post(To speed up rep gain by 20%)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should be your set up at level 3 shipyard

wow_icon_inv_garrison_cargoship.jpg
Transport 1
wow_icon_ships_ability_depthcharges.jpg
Destroyer 3
wow_icon_ships_ability_stealth.jpg
Submarine 2 or 3
wow_icon_ships_ability_armorpiercingammo.jpg
Battleship 2 or 3
Carrier 1

Your crews should to be(recommended)

achievement_character_human_female.jpg
Human Crew
achievement_character_undead_female.jpg
Undead Crew (Increases success chance on missions.)
x2
(one should be on a Destroyer and one should be on a Carrier unless you are Ally and trying to get the str ring)

achievement_character_nightelf_male.jpg
Night Elf Crew
achievement_character_bloodelf_female.jpg
Blood Elf Crew (Reduces mission time by 50%)
x8

Only ALLY
wow_icon_inv_bannerpvp_02.jpg

achievement_character_draenei_male.jpg
Draenic Crew x1 (Needed to get 100% on strength ring mission)

Counters

• ability_vanish.jpg
    Dense Fog

Optional:
inv_misc_head_murloc_01.jpg
Murloc Crew x1

Counters

• ability_rogue_fleetfooted.jpg
    Land Objective
inv_tabard_a_76arakkoaoutcast.jpg
Arakkoa Crew x1 (exalted with Order of the Awakened)

Counters

• ships_ability_armorpiercingammo.jpg
    Battleship

Why: You essentially want to be running through these missions as fast as possible and this is best achieved with your night elf/blood elf crew. Remember the crews are completely random so it could take some time to get the preferable crews. The Mage Tower will also help speed the process of missions. It might take a bit more work but it's worth it. If you want to know more about the Mage Tower and getting your Mission completion orders click here.

You can run with a bit more Human/Undead crews if you please, it can be useful against Expert Captain as this is something that can't be countered, however I think it's better to speed through them and get Unsinkable(an equipment which prevents your ships from sinking). Very few missions have Expert Captain and alot of counters, so you don't need to worry about it that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to get 1500+ Garrison Resources per hour EASY

If you want to speed up this process you will need to farm a **** ton of Garrison Resources. You will not only need them to build ships and upgrade your shipyard, but you will also need them to respec your ships equipment. Fourtunately I have a method that is by far the fastest and takes little more than driving round and collecting crystals. These crystals are called radiating apex shards. A single shard will contain between 20
Garrison Resources and they will spawn between 5-7 minutes. I would recommend laying back listening to music or a podcast because it might get boring but its worth it :). The Crystals are located at the Ruins of Kranak.

c1mQDUk.jpg

CIWg8sc.jpg

This is the Route you should take(Try to get TomTom for co-ordinates):

YRI65Gl.jpg

HbdhSOy.jpg

ypNtV8W.jpg

C1QyjlZ.jpg

laOTMGs.jpg

ifIYUqb.jpg

ERuUaMI.jpg

avHjrQb.jpg

uF6HFp7.jpg

dAHXj7f.jpg

DfcyldV.jpg

nGASZ46.jpg
uCyQO95.jpg
fjHeXpN.jpg

Level 1 Shipyard Starting Quest: Garrison Campaign: War Council

I am not going to go over the tutorial and basic things as it all should be self explanatory, though I will touch on things you need to keep in mind. Make sure you don't use your
wow_icon_inv_scroll_12.jpg
Rush Order: Shipyards on your first ships.Once you have completed your tutorial you will have 5 maxium in your fleet. Create 3 Destroyers and 2 Transports for now. If you find that your ships do not have Night Elf/Blood Elf crew, decomission them(note if you want a high percentage on your ring missions you will need human/undead crew on your Destroyer). Decomission is done by going into your fleet tab and right clicking on your selected ship.

Hand of the Prophet/Vol'jin's Headhunters Reputation and getting Oil

What you'll need from this Faction:

Battleship gained at Friendly(changed from honored)
wow_icon_ability_paladin_savedbythelight.jpg
Unsinkable gained at Revered
Oil Rig gained at Revered (Gives you a shipyard mission worth 400 Oil and it will take 18hrs. If you have your Night elf/blood elf crews this will take 4 1/2 hours).

You will get 3-4 daily quests gaining you 1000 to 1250 rep. Your main daily will grant you a supply of 600

Note this is where the Trading post 20% to reputations really speeds up the process. There is also
wow_icon_spell_misc_emotionhappy.jpg
WHEE! from the Darkmoon Faire carrousel that grants 10% as well. If you really feel like pushing it you can farm
wow_icon_spell_shadow_demoniccircleteleport.jpg
Medallion of the Legion which grants 1000 rep, dropped from the following rares: Terrorfist, Deathtalon, Vengeance, Doomroller.

The 600 oil along with your oil rig should be plenty for you to survive on. If you are exceeding that you can grab more from the same rares which drop the Medallion: Terrorfist, Deathtalon, Vengeance, Doomroller all which grant 100
each.

Equipment

[Updated] All rare creatures and NPCs in Tanaan now have a chance to drop a number of equipment blueprints for ships.
In order to complete further missions you will need a get all your Equipment from your naval vendor. All Equipment will cost 500
except for
wow_icon_inv_misc_spyglass_02.jpg
Ghostly Spyglass which will cost you 1000
. Again, as mentioned before, you want to be respecing your equipment to get that 100% success chance and getting as many missions completed as possible, whether to spawn your ring mission or get your treasure missions.

If you feel like farming those Garrison Resources might be tedious you can also do this method which was calculated by someone on Wowhead, this mainly applies to your Treasure Missions:

After some calculations on the treasure missions (25 of them permit to obtain the Carrier) other than the rare missions it appears that the threats to counter are :

Threats Countered with Number of missions

Destroyer | Battleship | 34
Evasive True | Iron Rudder | 32
Swift Blast | Furnace | 28
First Strike | Felsmoke Launcher | 21
Minelayer | Trained Shark Tank | 21
Carrier | Submarine |18
Submarine | Destroyer | 16
Land Objective | Transport/Murloc Crew | 11
Battleship | Carrier/Arakkoa Crew | 8
Dense Fog Lights/Draenic Crew 5
Icy Water Ice Cutter/Orc Crew 5
Stormy Weather Bilge Pump 5
Cursed Crew - 3

and we should equip them in priority (in brackets the number of missions with that threat) :

Evasive True Iron Rudder (up to 4, one on each type of vessel)
Swift Blast Furnace (up to 3, Battleships (19), Submarine (11), Destroyer (8), Transport (8)
First Strike Felsmoke Launcher (up to 3, Submarine (13), Battleships (11), Destroyer (6), Transport (6))
Minelayer Trained Shark Tank (up to 3, Battleships (14), Submarine (9), Destroyer (5), Transport (4))
Dense Fog Fog Lights (only 1 on a Battleships (3) or Destroyer (2)
Icy Water Ice Cutter (only 1 on a Battleships (3) or Destroyer (2)
Stormy Weather Bilge Pump (only 1 on a Submarine (3) or Destroyer (2)

While this works I find respecing your equipment alot faster. Whichever option you feel comfortable with you can choose.

Locations of the Equipment
Most of your Equipment will be dropped from rares in Tanaan Jungle

wow_icon_inv_eng_mechanicalboomerang2.jpg
True Iron Rudder Counters
wow_icon_spell_shadow_shadowward.jpg
Evasive | Drops from Zoug the Heavy

GzbgFIs.jpg
haqtIFs.jpg

wow_icon_inv_eng_gizmo2.jpg
Bilge Pump COUNTERS
wow_icon_inv_misc_stormlordsfavor.jpg
Stormy Weather | DROPS FROM Belgork

iv8Verl.jpg

wow_icon_ability_monk_renewingmists.jpg
Felsmoke Launcher COUNTERS
wow_icon_ability_hunter_snipershot.jpg
First Strike | DROPS FROM Felsmith Damorka

QOQzmg3.jpg
SowunGq.jpg

wow_icon_ability_siege_engineer_superheated.jpg
Ice Cutter COUNTERS
wow_icon_achievement_zone_icecrown_02.jpg
Icy Water | DROPS FROM Cindral the Wildfire (Note kill embers to activate him)

AooqFlV.jpg

iib056i.jpg

wow_icon_paladin_icon_speedoflight.jpg
High Intensity Fog Lights COUNTERS
wow_icon_ability_vanish.jpg
Dense Fog | DROPS FROM Xanzith the Everlasting

emuH9hP.jpg

wow_icon_inv_pet_babyshark.jpg
Trained Shark Tank COUNTERS
wow_icon_inv_misc_bomb_02.jpg
Minelayer | DROPS FROM Savage Whale Shark

GzbgFIs.jpg

4YBoQ5R.jpg

wow_icon_inv_misc_spyglass_02.jpg
Ghostly Spyglass COUNTERS
wow_icon_spell_holy_senseundead.jpg
Cursed Crew | Drops from Captain Ironbeard

mqzDkd9.jpg

kQUlMu0.jpg

wow_icon_ability_mount_rocketmount4.jpg
Gyroscopic Internal Stabilizer COUNTERS
wow_icon_ability_garrosh_empowered_whirling_corruption.jpg
Chaotic Whirlpools | Drops from Iron Reaver in Hellfire Citadel(Just queue Raid Finder 2nd boss)
og-image-hellfire-citadel-iron-reaver.jpg

Level 2 Shipyard

When you hit level two your fleet will be upgraded to 8 and you will accuire
to ability to makes Submarines. You should also by this point have or be near to gaining your Battleship.

At this point you will start Naval Domination which will require you to do 25 Treasure Missions. Again this is where those night elf/blood elf crews come in handy so you can speed up your completion time. Make sure you do your other naval missions as well. If you don't have them all on treasure missions do them as this will allow more to spawn(this includes doing those training missions).

What your set up should like like from this level:
Transport 1

Destroyer 3
Submarine 2
Battleship 2

Level 3 Shipyard

[Updated]
Ships constructed at a Level 3 Shipyard should now always be Rare quality or better with an increased chance to be Epic quality. (This should make it easier when getting your crews, leveling up won't take as long)

With the two added ships this is the part where you want to speed through as many missions as possible to get the rings to spawn.

Again this should be your set up:

Transport 1
Destroyer 3
Submarine 2 or 3
Battleship 2 or 3
Carrier 1

Your crews should to be(recommended)

achievement_character_human_female.jpg
Human Crew
achievement_character_undead_female.jpg
Undead Crew (Increases success chance on missions.)
x2
(one should be on a Destroyer and one should be on a Carrier unless you are Ally and trying to get the str ring)

achievement_character_nightelf_male.jpg
Night Elf Crew
achievement_character_bloodelf_female.jpg
Blood Elf Crew (Reduces mission time by 50%)
x8

Only ALLY

achievement_character_draenei_male.jpg
Draenic Crew x1 (Needed to get 100% on strength ring mission)

Counters

• ability_vanish.jpg
    Dense Fog

Big Tips:

[Updated] DO ALL TREASURE MISSIONS FIRST as this will allow more to spawn and increase your chance of getting your rings.

Complete as many missions as you can. This is where those Garrison resources come in. Your large bounty should be replacing equipment to get that 100% completion rate. If ever you come across
wow_icon_inv_helmet_66.jpg
Expert Captain or can't make the 100% completion make sure you have
wow_icon_ability_paladin_savedbythelight.jpg
Unsinkable.

You NEED to make sure that you compete your other rare missions, I have yet to see a map with over two. Those other rare missions are prolonging your chance to get the rings. Do them.

COMPLETE THE MISSIONS IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER. This is where the ring mission spawns. If you do these missions it will have a greater chance to spawn.

sfVdLpG.jpg

Do your training missions. I’ve seen many people leave them alone(Don't look at me). Do them, as they allow more missions to spawn.

What your mission will look like:
ZcB2e4d.jpg

Getting 100% on all Ring Missions with 2 Human/Panda Crews

Naval bonus missions appear every now and then offering an unique reward to players: an area buff which will affect certain map area and every naval mission within. Keep doing these until you get the one shown below. This increases your success chance to 100 on 98%.

RA17vRc.jpg

The Ring Missions Themselves

inv_jewelry_ring_155.jpg

Captain Sander's Returned Band
Shipyard Mission:
For Hate's Sake

IF YOU ARE ALLIANCE

SUCCESS CHANCE 100% DAYS: 1

uZKCltp.png

IF YOU ARE HORDE
wow_icon_inv_bannerpvp_01.jpg

Option 1 SUCCESS 98% DAYS: 2 (Recommended)

vce2iMJ.png

Option 2 SUCCESS 96% DAYS: 1

EWwRIhM.png

Option 3 SUCCESS 94% TIME: 12HOURS

6Sdk07g.png

inv_jewelry_ring_156.jpg

Admiral Taylor's Loyalty Ring
Shipyard Mission:
The House Always Wins

ALLIANCE
HORDE
wow_icon_inv_bannerpvp_01.jpg

OPTION 1 SUCCESS: 98% DAYS: 2(Recommended)

MhIh9rW.png

OPTION 2 SUCCESS: 96 DAYS: 1

4r6aFGf.png

OPTION 3 SUCCESS 94% TIME: 12HRS

uO5fyBm.png

inv_jewelry_ring_157.jpg

Signet of the Third Fleet
Shipyard Mission: The Wave Mistress

OPTION 1 SUCCESS 98% DAYS: 2

yc3Q8jC.png

OPTION 2 SUCCESS 96% DAYS: 1

kjIpolq.png

OPTION 3 SUCCESS 94% TIME: 12HRS

iX9aWtc.png

Wicked guide man, glad to have you back on TI - if you need any helping maintain this threads OP's, ect, just tag me.

Wicked guide man, glad to have you back on TI - if you need any helping maintain this threads OP's, ect, just tag me.

Thanks mate I'll let you know.

Amazing guide. One the best I have seen. Needs to prolly be in every bracket or in general tab.

Yea that's why I have the title as Blog because Myrm is likely to introduce them again and it will be on the front page. I think this would rot away in a general section.

Honestly I am done trying to get the rings, been running 6 shipyards since the patch, never seen one of the missions.

Nice, work. Had to figure this stuff all out for myself. Wish I had this guide when I started; I should have figured that the missions in the northeast of the map were where they spawned, since that's where the hardest missions are. Maybe now I can get this thing going full speed. The nelf/belf crews are also a good idea, I started out trying to get all human/panda crews, but now I'm just about at the opinion that I should just go quick and dirty and throw trash green and blue ships at missions just to get them off my map, since I don't care about most of the awards anyway.

Also, [MENTION=9433]Solipsist[/MENTION], do you think it matters which ships crews are human? Seems like destroyer and battleship would be solid choices. Thoughts?

Nice, work. Had to figure this stuff all out for myself. Wish I had this guide when I started; I should have figured that the missions in the northeast of the map were where they spawned, since that's where the hardest missions are. Maybe now I can get this thing going full speed. The nelf/belf crews are also a good idea, I started out trying to get all human/panda crews, but now I'm just about at the opinion that I should just go quick and dirty and throw trash green and blue ships at missions just to get them off my map, since I don't care about most of the awards anyway.

Also, Solipsist, do you think it matters which ships crews are human? Seems like destroyer and battleship would be solid choices. Thoughts?

Sorry I didn't make it clearer but if you want the highest possible chance on your ring missions, which is 98%(look at the diagrams at the very bottom) then your human/undead crew should be on a Destroyer and on a Carrier( unless you need your strength ring and your on Ally).

Sorry I didn't make it clearer but if you want the highest possible chance on your ring missions, which is 98%(look at the diagrams at the very bottom) then your human/undead crew should be on a Destroyer and on a Carrier( unless you need your strength ring and your on Ally).
ah, i see. i must have overlooked that on my first skim. very good work.

Users who are viewing this thread