How to get 10g by level 10?

Zorch

Alright, REALLY dumb question here — how in the world do you get to 10g to pay the guy in Stormwind to turn off your experience by the time you hit level 10? Any of the characters I’ve leveled in Exile’s Reach usually only have 3 or 4g by the time they hit 10 and make it back to Stormwind? It almost seems impossible.

Any tips?

Alright, REALLY dumb question here — how in the world do you get to 10g to pay the guy in Stormwind to turn off your experience by the time you hit level 10? Any of the characters I’ve leveled in Exile’s Reach usually only have 3 or 4g by the time they hit 10 and make it back to Stormwind? It almost seems impossible.

Any tips?
camp outside capitol city bank, wait for bling drop.

Start the WoD or Legion QL. The trash from the mobs in those zones has high sell prices.

I've had 100g by the time I've hit 10 before...

wait hang on, couldnt you just start the legion quest line? Dont those Tomes Of The Quiet Mind you get when you get Dal sell for like 30 gold?
How? No portals work and neither does Chromie Time at level 1.

I'm pretty sure you can still take the intro quests for various expansions. Chromie time doesn't change what quests are available. (At most it encourages certain ones to show up on command boards, but Legion and Draenor were already high priority on those.) Not having the appropriate chromie time will limit what dungeons you can do, but that has no impact on intro quests.

I'm still a fan of the blingtron method because that minimizes XP earned and the chance of accidentally going over. But lots of stuff is open for you at 10th.

wait hang on, couldnt you just start the legion quest line? Dont those Tomes Of The Quiet Mind you get when you get Dal sell for like 30 gold?
This was the correct answer — dinged 10 by killing a mob and went to SW Docks right away and talked to the dude that let me skip the Legion intro questline... immediately got the Tomes of the Clear Mind upon loading into Dalaran and sold them for 31g.

Went back to SW and turned exp off; problem solved.

Thanks, @Chops !

You can do exile start. Skip all possible quests and youll be 9 when entering city. Compleate tutorial and youre 10. Start legion, skip intro. Jump off dala and open 1 or 2 treasure boxes in azuna. Takes no time. Hope it helps.

i got into twinking only this week,
on my frist twink i wasted like 5 hours trying to get 10g by lvl 10, opened few of them with different method of lvling just to get 10g before lvl 10.
only after 5 hours i got an enlightenment. i took fishing and went fish in Zangarmarsh around the big lake where the dungeons are and looked for the junk pools to fish junk that sell for between 50 silver to 10g for a piece.

Im sure most know but with the horrid state of pvp… you can make a dungeon carry 10/11 with your f2p/vet account.

If you don’t have gold/sub there’s some good methods here. I personally wanted to keep the Legion intro quest for the 30% armor buff. Fishing works well, not sure about getting to zanger before 10 though. Here’s what I did:

Level to 5
Pick up fishing
Use the Caverns of Time portal
Walk and swim your way to Uldim (don’t use the main ramp you will get owned, there is a path through the mountains that leads to a far east dock)
Fish, the items here are Cata and sell for a decent amount (27 fish per gold)
You don’t get any xp for fishing! (could of swore you used to)

If you don’t have gold/sub there’s some good methods here. I personally wanted to keep the Legion intro quest for the 30% armor buff. Fishing works well, not sure about getting to zanger before 10 though. Here’s what I did:
Can't you just talk to Archivist Elysiana in Dal to replay the legion intro quests if you skipped them? Or is there a level requirement for that?

Another way is to go to Pandaria, just pick the first quest and complete it to get access to the portal and go take a treasure.
If Horde you have the gold coins in the small fountain at the north of the alliance/hozen place. Going from 9g50s to 28g50s.
If Alliance there is a small shrine just north of your starting village on which there is some gold. I'm more of an Horde player so I can't guarantee you it will be 10g but all the 3-4 time I went there I got 10+ gold.
This is fairly fast too but only do this if you are early level 10 because of the xp from discovering zones.

Kill Critho, a level 1 pug elite in Stormwind Keep, he drops an item worth 50g, plenty to turn off xp, also conveniently close.

Users who are viewing this thread