How to deal with Rogues as Priest?

Your Mom

Legend
Most rogues cant kill me but any one extra person attacking me and the rogue trashes me hard core..

I am in the process of getting const arcanums for my stam legs.. Dont have fishing gear..

Is priest just not a viable class due to the amount of faceroll trash rogues and trashtards? (Hard to see priest as S tier.. Id argue that Shaman and Warrior are S tier.)

Literally doesnt take but half a brain cell to play rogue or huntard.. srsly..

Last edited:
There isn't anything you can do against rogue, if your fear gets trinket'd or WoTf then you're done basically just keep gap between them or use your team with CCs to peel.

There isn't anything you can do against rogue, if your fear gets trinket'd or WoTf then you're done basically just keep gap between them or use your team with CCs to peel.

So stack a ton of stam sacrificing + heals.. and stock tons of swiftness pots.. Cause no one... No.. one.. NO ONE rolls a rogue that is not undead as a rogue horde twink.. So they literally always have racial up at all times.

Maybe I made the mistake of rolling my priest on alliance.. I wanted a healer on each side.

So priest is more of a premade thing? Bad for solo ques...

Reactions: KPI
So stack a ton of stam sacrificing + heals.. and stock tons of swiftness pots.. Cause no one... No.. one.. NO ONE rolls a rogue that is not undead as a rogue horde twink.. So they literally always have racial up at all times.

Maybe I made the mistake of rolling my priest on alliance.. I wanted a healer on each side.

So priest is more of a premade thing? Bad for solo ques...
I mean I wouldn't say you need to pop speed pots, you just need to be aware of where they are and keep gap - it's down to awareness. Another thing, is usually they are opening on you when you are healing/protecting FC, so when that happens I like to kite in the opposite way to where our FC runs to, so that way you are taking them away from the FC.

Then they are in a difficult position of sticking on you for the kill, and losing the FC OR swapping back to FC and then you are free to cast again on your FC in Defence.

It's just about forcing them into bad positions so they leave you alone, and you can use your jumps / fear to seperate you from them if you do end up caught.

You don't, a good rogue will lock your ass down unless someone peels for that sweet sweet heal.

Abuse the fact that rogues doesn't have any slow until lvl 20.

By:

By:

Gnomish Shrink Ray or whatever the tool is that turns you into a leper.

My favorite solution is pocket heal a carry like rogue or hunter and have them protect you. Prioritize shields and renew over full heals after the first time kicked. Most of the time that works like a charm, unless massively outnumbered in which case running would be a really good idea : )

Most rogues cant kill me but any one extra person attacking me and the rogue trashes me hard core..

I am in the process of getting const arcanums for my stam legs.. Dont have fishing gear..

Is priest just not a viable class due to the amount of faceroll trash rogues and trashtards? (Hard to see priest as S tier.. Id argue that Shaman and Warrior are S tier.)

Literally doesnt take but half a brain cell to play rogue or huntard.. srsly..
@Ryotenchi UR INSIGNIA WAS YUMMY !

When you find out, let me know
[doublepost=1594896675,1594896240][/doublepost]To elaborate a bit, I've gone as far as specc'ing into 2/2 Healing Focus, 5/5 Force of Will, and 2/2 Martyrdom. I also swapped Cloak to +70 Armor and ofc kept up Inner Fire. That's 15% chance to resist Gouge, 20% Kick resistance and no pushback for 6 seconds after a crit, and 70% pushback reduction at all times.

It wasn't enough lol, 1v1 a Rogue will eventually outlast me. DPS is too high and no reliance on mana. Eventually I get worn down and the Kick/Gouge resistance isn't enough. All of the Rogues being Undead also means a base 7.5% chance to resist your scream.

What DOES work is spacing them by just knowing terrain better, but that isn't really Priest vs Rogue advice, just general gameplay advice.

Last edited:

By:

Maybe I need to respec one into black out.. depending on where it is in the tree.

Your Salt is yummy.

So much for staying on topic of the thread..
[doublepost=1594936890,1594936306][/doublepost]
Gnomish Shrink Ray or whatever the tool is that turns you into a leper.

Discombobulator ray. I think thats the best suggestion here.. Thatll make kiting rogues much easier.. I dont generally have problems with them unless Its 2 rogues or anything and a rogue on me. A single rogue cant kill me and I often get away long enough to fearbomb after theyve already blown their Will on my first fear bomb.. The suggestion of +heal gear from the other thread is huge.. Im now gonna test less + heal and const arcanums.

I usually find the nearest hunter or warrior and hope they aren't garbage.

I usually find the nearest hunter or warrior and hope they aren't garbage.

Warriors aside cause its impossible to be bad at spamstring... The nearest non garbage huntard? You must be a comedian! XD I know 4 skilled 'hunters' in the bracket.. Same numbers of rogues.. When Im on my rogue and I go rogue huntin.. They quickly puss out of a 1v1 and run to the nearest team mate cause I just destroy them.

Last edited:
Mind blast first global!

If they’re really dumb rogues they’ll insta kick anything.

Kick isnt the problem.. They all garbage rogues that dont know how to use that lol.. They just face roll me desperately for that sweet sweet useless hk. I think Ive somewhat fixed my problem by getting constitution arcanums.. but its not totally solved until I get fishing gear and agm to back that up..

Ive balanced out the build with as much healing power as I can get putting me at 125 with 1k base hp. With buffs I am just barely viable.. but Im still not happy with the class.. 50% of the meta is fail face rolling rogues.. Ive taken the idea of leading them away from FC to heart.. and spend my time dragging them across the map while I spam hp pots, recombobulator heals and desperate prayer to go with my renew and bubble spamming.. Fearing as often as possible..

You can tell these players are bads cause of the fact that that kill means more than the rep that actually gets them something. lol.

But it can also probably be said that I finally found a class I suck at.. Got a long way to go to reach skill cap with priest..

Users who are viewing this thread