How often do patch changes soil current BiS?

Elohim

Veteran
As the title asks, haven’t played WoW since beginning of MoP is when I quit and at that point was 70 twinking. Started playing again earlier this year and am going to get back into twinking, though with the stat squishes that have happened and nerfs to twink items I’m curious about how often it happens or has been happening, or maybe it’s vice verse where the changes have led to more op gearing? Was planning on the 59 bracket. Sorry for the lengthy question.

Last edited:
Changes in patches are unpredictable and can/do have an effect on bis gear.

They don't happen too often and rarely turn the bracket on it's head.

The only change mentioned in 8.1 that will have a big impact is to Sul'thraz the Lasher
It's getting nerfed quite heavily as it currently does 10x the damage of your average proc weapon.
That being said there are pretty good alternatives to those that wield this.

Bottom line is that it shouldn't deter you from gearing a character. Ultimately you should play a character you enjoy so that regardless of the gear/item changes you can still enjoy the core of the character.

Tough to say.
Major patches usually bring incremental changes for sure. Each expansion definitely bring large changes. Just have to read the patch notes or keep an eye on here.

/cheers

Awesome! I was was mainly curious if Blizzard “fun policed” twinking now days hardcore or not ... thanks for the replies much appreciated!

the changes that impact only lower levels, like changnign at what level you learn certain abilities is pretty fknr andom, im not sure what even provokes most of them. LEgion saw a ton of this...19 rogues had ambush and riposte, 19 ret had blade of justice, 19 disc had plea, 19 boomy had moonkin form, 29 boomy had silence, 29 warrior had whirlwind, 29 rewt had that broken second bubble that explodes and heaps of others Seems weird they move the level you learn around when it doesnt impact end game at all.

Some changes are obvious reactions to complaints which I imagine is what caused the sul nerf. Funny how ramstein isnt getting touched, a trinket so broken it warps every bracket its available in. Random

Users who are viewing this thread