How many weeks did it take you for both fishing boots/hat?

glancealot

Legend
I have been at it for a month now, only boots, no hat.

/sadpanda

20210607_105312.jpg

We on fire this morning

Still working on the damn hat, have been for months. I got the boots but I keep getting that damn queen fish..

Average for both is something like 6 weeks. Of course it's not uncommon for it to be twice as fast or slow.

Best of luck!! = ) Keep at it and you'll catch them all!

Sounds like my interest is aligned with the site owner but somehow you would rather have these boards remain quiet and therefore generate minimal traffic.

Maybe the fact that you have stopped pvp somehow makes you painful to see others having a blast gearing up and having interesting discussions?

Thanks to others for staying on topic and providing feedback!

Got my first hat the first weekend when fishing tournament got released on Anexa. Right at the last minutes of the event. Then it took me like 12 attempts for 2nd hat on Anexa, got like 5 boots inbetween that.

Then I got boots on 1st attempt on mage hat on 2nd attempt.

Then 1st attempt on hunter

How many tasties do you get per week? I got 180 this weekend and i was distracted.

I dont know if I have insane luck but I average 1-2 rare fish pr week. Took 6 weeks for my hunter, 3x eternium line, 3x hat and 1x boots. 2 weeks for druid for 2x boots and hat, and 3 weeks for mage for 1x boots and hat. Also average around 220-240 tasties and like 20-30 random fish

I dont know if I have insane luck but I average 1-2 rare fish pr week. Took 6 weeks for my hunter, 3x eternium line, 3x hat and 1x boots. 2 weeks for druid for 2x boots and hat, and 3 weeks for mage for 1x boots and hat. Also average around 220-240 tasties and like 20-30 random fish
That is pretty lucky lol, wish I could just get one hat and be done.. it’s been several months..

Wish i was as lucky as @Snack

I've gone for I believe 5 on retail between TBC and WoTLK and one in Cata. Rogue and mage in TBC, rogue and warrior in wotlk and druid cata I believe. Just made a rogue on TBC Classic like 3 days ago lol, fished 240 tasties and no green. Here we go again. Always would get thread and boots before keefer as well. Got one literally the cast after boots back in the day too, and another one was the last cast and the Time's Up blast went out as the loot window popped up lol. But don't buy into the "increased chance at end of contest" bs. RNG is RNG. Doesn't matter if it's been 1 cast or 3000. You're just as likely to get it on your first cast as your last cast. I's only a matter of time and you'll get that rng roll, no trick about it.

My first ever LFH I got on the original Mocha rogue back in TBC. It was my 3rd contest and half way through I just said /1 WTB KEEFER and next cast was keefer lol.

The other ones all took between 5-8 weeks fishing try hard mode with 210-240 tasties. Just gotta stay driven and you'll have one before you know it. At the same time, put on a movie and don't treat every cast with the "this could be it" anticipation. You'll drive yourself crazy. It's only 2 hours which goes by so fast. Oh and I had the craziest ping pong on Yojamba on TBC Classic this weekend. 5 pools that endlessly spawned for 15 minutes haha, then some rando lock came and started sharing my pools and spawns dropped immediately.

GL mate, you'll get one soon enough.

I got 5 twinks with bith hat and boosts : hunter : 3 contest, war two contest, mage 3 contest, shaman 1 true contest (4 fish including hat and boots lol) and on my priest like 20/25 contest to get the hat (i have 8 boots on this toon.

Usually i got one green every two contest (i had 2 hats and 1 boots in one contest).

Users who are viewing this thread