How many Sub Rogues opening on someone to 100-0 them?

Zorch

Although I believe Subtlety is supposed to be the “bursty” spec of the three, I really haven’t seen much burst damage pumped out by any enemy Rogues I’ve seen in BGs.

Do we have any active Rogues on this board? I’m curious what kind of damage a Sub opener would or should do if taking the Cold Blood PvP talent, popping Armored Elekk Tusk, opening with Shadowstrike from Stealth, and Elemental Force proc’ing (I imagine if Weaponmaster taken is also taken, it could possibly almost double the damage).

It kind of bums me out to see Rogues where they are — they, along with Hunters, have basically been the quintessential twink classes since it became a thing.

Highest damage SS I have seen in a bg is around 1300 ( not including tok) the average health pool is around 2800-2900 for levelers. Cold blood is unavailable at 20 as well. highest evis I have seen is around 600-700 and sub takes forever to generate 5 cb's. Dj has it right here if you are looking to dumpster ppl in 2 globals go play a mm hunter, rogues are about control and objectives right now. They can do decent damage but your priority should be big saps and focusing your damage on high value targets ( healers flag carriers etc)

Rolling random BGs a rogue can ignore 90% of the noise and focus on objectives and inconveniencing strategic players. Sometimes it's better to lurk around and sap anyone that might be trying to get back to the fight.

My shadowstrike usually hits for 1.1k-2k crits with dagger in the dark stacks. Gloomblade is consistent and hits for 250-400. Although with zerker sub burst can be great with the 2k ss crits and up to 500-550 gloomblade crits

My shadowstrike usually hits for 1.1k-2k crits with dagger in the dark stacks. Gloomblade is consistent and hits for 250-400. Although with zerker sub burst can be great with the 2k ss crits and up to 500-550 gloomblade crits
Dumb question — so for the way Dagger in the Dark works, do you essentially stalk and enemy player in Stealth for 10 seconds (to get up to the 100% increased Shadowstrike damage) and then you have an additional 10 seconds once reaching the max stack to unload it on that player?

The tooltip just reads weird and I honestly didn’t even know the talent existed... Wowhead is just patently incorrect when it comes to the PvP talents they show, and I looked over at Icy Veins and there’s were apparently not accurate either, lol.

wait, you guys are telling me that rogue is about objective play, not killing?

LtgsnLb.jpg

Dumb question — so for the way Dagger in the Dark works, do you essentially stalk and enemy player in Stealth for 10 seconds (to get up to the 100% increased Shadowstrike damage) and then you have an additional 10 seconds once reaching the max stack to unload it on that player?

The tooltip just reads weird and I honestly didn’t even know the talent existed... Wowhead is just patently incorrect when it comes to the PvP talents they show, and I looked over at Icy Veins and there’s were apparently not accurate either, lol.

Yep it stacks up to 10 while you're in stealth and within 20 yards all of the enemy players will get the debuff. I usually sap the target and let it stack to 10 but it is situational cuz sometimes you won't be able to wait that long for the full 10. Also as long as you are within 20 yards all the stacks will remain and it will stay at 10 seconds forever until you open or go further away from the target

Yep it stacks up to 10 while you're in stealth and within 20 yards all of the enemy players will get the debuff. I usually sap the target and let it stack to 10 but it is situational cuz sometimes you won't be able to wait that long for the full 10. Also as long as you are within 20 yards all the stacks will remain and it will stay at 10 seconds forever until you open or go further away from the target
This is good to know — thanks for the rundown!

Users who are viewing this thread