EU+US how is your artifact ability performing in bgs?

My 99 havoc DH (I'll 742) doesn't seem very op, just generally more health in instanced.

My level 99 rogue (Assassination) feels very week in Battlegrounds.

I cant agree with this enough. Mediocre at best and disappointing.

Affliction is decent damage, but the artifact ability is lame.

Windwalker artifact ability looks very... solid, as alister said, but i havent entered on mine yet. I'd rather finish it first so if it's also mediocre i wont stop before it's done. :p

Last edited:
Like Kageroo pointed out, ret paladin works well. The ashes to ashes artifact is strong. From your last post I make up you play US servers. On EU English or Spanish will suffice, Portuguese is spoken less on this side. Queue times EU, pops all day (slowest 45 min to fastest 3 min ques doing randoms).

I did not play 90-99 for like a month and half, but on my 99 ret http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Kageroo/advanced
the artifact hits pretty hard and I used to double (most of the time) DMG of second person in stats table. Ret seems pretty good at 99 with artifact.

I'm almost done leveling my ret. He's 88 now and I've already got a few BiS items ready when he hits 99. I'd imagine you can kill anyone in a stun. Save up 5 holy power, stun, justicars vengeance, wake of ashes, justicars vengeance. I doubt anyone survives that.

I doubt anyone survives that.

Instanced PvP damage is nothing like world damage, just reminding. I havent played my ret in a BG yet, but everything else i've played felt like garbage in comparison to how it is outside.

Knowing it will be different is one thing... experiencing the difference is another. :/

My Rsham I hardly use. Long cast for weak AOE heal. Spreading Rip seems more effective. My Surv Hunter I'm working on seems to have promise though.

Instanced PvP damage is nothing like world damage, just reminding. I havent played my ret in a BG yet, but everything else i've played felt like garbage in comparison to how it is outside.

Knowing it will be different is one thing... experiencing the difference is another. :/

Sure, it's different. But I've done a few BGs while leveling my paladin. Justicar's Vengeance still does a shit ton of damage to stunned targets. I haven't tried Wake of Ashes yet, but I'm assuming that hits pretty hard too. Justicar's Vengeance x 2 + Wake of Ashes I'm sure is a ton of damage and it's all in about 3 seconds. I'd bet that if either of your vengeance strikes or WoA crits, your target is probably dead in 3 seconds. Hell, they might even die without crits.

Of course I'm just guessing at this point. I'll have to try it and see, but if the damage is anything like I experienced, I'll probably be killing targets in 3 seconds on a 30 sec CD.

So after doing some BGs and arenas, I can say that it is unlikely to take someone from 100% to 0% within a hammer of justice stun, but it is possible with a few crits and the berserk buff.

I have 236k HP in instanced PvP right now at item level 744. Your average player in a BG will have 160k-220k. With berserk, I crit with justicar's vengeance against a stunned target for 80k. Two Justicar's Vengeance crits + wake of ashes during a stun is going to do ~180k-190k damage.

So yeah, the conditions have to be right, but you can do it.

Also, I'm not sure I used avenging wrath when I got that 80k crit. So it's quite possible I could crit for 100k+. Will have to try.

anybody tried or encountered a demo lock in battlegrounds? their artifact traits look juicy.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Philipmorris/advanced

Level 13 Artifact Level.

The toughness of demo locks is off the wall crazy. I can outheal most healers unless they're very twinked. Demonology is a spec that takes some time to master, but I'm a living god and cannot be stopped. Probably the best dueling spec in the game as well since the absorbs add up to an extra 1-1.5 million HP.

Spread pressure is not comparable to my affliction lock. Aff deals about 40-50% more overall dmg in bgs. So instead of doing 7-10mil I'm usually sitting at 3.5-4mil dmg with 3mil healing.

The artifact weapon ability hits like a truck - however, this spell requires setup and is a very hard cast to get off. In general its a clunky, tough brawler compared to the butter and grace of my affliction lock. It also has about triple the keybinds and takes some time to keep track of all the small little demons running around.

Just to add some more - excellent CC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread