EU+US How is damage calculated in WOW?

TheDazzler76

Veteran
I'd like to know how damage is calculated in WOW so that I can figure out which items I should be wearing. I could stand at a training dummy and recording effects then trying to work out and solve the equations for different values of crit, haste etc... but I'm sure someone has already done this knowing the WOW community.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as just adding as much crit or intellect as possible, and is different for each class. I'm also guessing it's not as easy as saying 2 pts in Crit = 1 pt in Haste.

You really dont need to do much math these days its pretty much main stat uber alles. I.e int, agi, str. As secondaries go some specs like destro warlock and fire mage value crit higher while dot specs prefer haste.
And versa is stupid, its just a flat dmg increase and reducer; very boring and never bad.

Last edited:
You really dont need to do much math these days its pretty much main stat uber alles. I.e int, agi, str. As secondaries go some specs like destro warlock and fire mage value crit higher while dot specs prefer haste.
And versa is stupid. Its just a flat dmg increase and reducer. Its very boring and never bad.
Oh right, that's a bit boring! :-D + Explains why I couldn't find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread