EU+US How does race/faction change work with F2P?

Gotta have game time to do any kind of transfer.
To expand upon what Chops said... any "Character Service" requires all of the characters/accounts involved to have some gametime, and a F2P with/after gametime is no longer a F2P (it becomes Subbed/VET).

So in that sense, "No", it isn't possible.

If you're not concerned with maintaing a character's F2P status, then "Sure", it's technically possible... but with some caveats.

The only way I can think of is to lock-xp, buy a subscription, race change, then wait a month for your subscription to run out to turn xp back on and continue.

Is this true?
I don't know of anyone who's tried it during the current patch, but the problem with your example (in the past) has been that characters that exhaust their gametime while "locked" get corrupted: they can't queue for BGs, and they can't unlock their XP.

Any "fix" or "workaround" requires GM intervention... and has always involved eventually cashing-in the banked XP, then getting "de-leveled". Saying that GMs "don't like to do that" is an understatement, but it can be done.

If you're willing to risk it, my advice would be to contact Blizz beforehand and say something along the lines of "I want to give you my money for this service, but only if you guarantee to fix any resultant fuck-ups" (but y'know, worded all "super-friendly n' diplomatic-like").

Am I missing something?

My only other notes would be that "getting gametime" doesn't necessarily require buying a subscription... and "exhausting gametime" doesn't necessarily require waiting an entire month (GMs again).

My only other notes would be that "getting gametime" doesn't necessarily require buying a subscription... and "exhausting gametime" doesn't necessarily require waiting an entire month (GMs again).

Could you elaborate on this specifically? How do you get game time without buying a subscription or using the AH to get a token?
Also, I assume you mean that you can ask a GM to remove your gametime?

Thank you guys so much for your replies. Super helpful!

How do you get game time without buying a subscription or using the AH to get a token?
Nothing complicated: ask nicely and have a good reason. It's common-enough that there's been entire threads devoted to sharing "reasons"... ;)

https://xpoff.com/threads/good-reasons-for-getting-gametime-from-a-gm.86729/

Also, I assume you mean that you can ask a GM to remove your gametime?
Correct... alternatively (if you also have a subbed "main" account), you could request that your gametime be moved from one account to another (so nothing gets "wasted").

Users who are viewing this thread