EU+US How does epic items work?

Sopp

Hey just started playing f2p and wow again and saw that low level can get epics now, was wondering what items can be epic and if it just random drops of quest rewars thanks! :D

Hey buddy, quest rewards can upgrade to superior and epic quality, drops from rares can upgrade to epic quality, and some boes not from rares can upgrade to superior or epic quality, for example foamspittles and riverpaw mystic staffs.

so can all items become epic if you lucky?

yes all the green/blue quest items can upgrade to blue/epic...but not for any one player
lucky? RNG is severe and painful. depending on your goals, you may be doing many rerolls or accepting what you ended up with or...without, expect huge disappointment especially when chances for items have gating like requiring near entire zone completion

for example i did the entire:
- azshara quest area, not one upgrade at all
- ghostlands quest area also did not get one upgrade on any reward. another player, same class got two key epic upgrades, one being the weapon at the end.
- stonetalon mountains area, again no upgrades, but did unlock vendor with item level 27 to 30 gear items. was hoping for 1 of the 2 quest reward bows to proc epic, like a hunter had in a BG

I love that we can now quote Chops' post whenever this subject resurfaces...

...in fact, there should just be an "auto-mod" that does exactly that every time a Guest (or New Member) asks a question that contains the word "epic". ;)

I'm sure he wouldn't mind the free plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread