House Remix made by me

Another shameless self-bump.

I was mostly talking to the people saying you'd have to switch DAW to be professional. Which is not true. About your song though, it's extremely rigidly quantized, the levels are off, there's no melodic progression and the constant "glitchy" voices get annoying after a while. All in all not my cup of tea stylistically and it could be much better produced. But I assume you're rather new to production so don't take my feedback the wrong way, just keep working on tunes and you'll hear/see progression and then in a year or two, maybe more - you can listen to your old tracks again and tell how far you've come. It's a good feeling :)

I was mostly talking to the people saying you'd have to switch DAW to be professional. Which is not true. About your song though, it's extremely rigidly quantized, the levels are off, there's no melodic progression and the constant "glitchy" voices get annoying after a while. All in all not my cup of tea stylistically and it could be much better produced. But I assume you're rather new to production so don't take my feedback the wrong way, just keep working on tunes and you'll hear/see progression and then in a year or two, maybe more - you can listen to your old tracks again and tell how far you've come. It's a good feeling :)

Oh I gotcha. :p

As for being new to production; yes. But I see where you're coming from, thanks for your feedback. :D And no offense taken. (I prefer the original more myself, the lyrics to the original mean a lot to me. It's my writing I am most proud of.

Bump this thread with a new song or something, I'm sure you have more than just one song you'd like people to hear after more than two months of this being posted.

I was mostly talking to the people saying you'd have to switch DAW to be professional. Which is not true.
I've seen some full professional productions with FL studio but the program is just to limited compared to Cubase and some other programs. FL studio is pretty good for starters to try out and semi-professionals to generate music or if you do not have the funds to buy another. I cant imagine any professional producers using it but they are there like for example Armin van Buuren and Bass Hunter but that is cause of its simplicity.

Most DAWs are the same anyways, its the producer who makes the difference. I had a blast with FL Studio last 4 weeks though (used it in the past too cracked but bought me a copy now to check the full program) and much much easier to work with then I normally do with Cubase. I am using FL Studio within Cubase now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread