Honorable Medallion

Syrayeda

Legend
1/13 Alpha Build Design Notes - Forums - World of Warcraft

Honorable Medallion – This build includes our solution for the “CC break trinket” for low level classes. Upon entering a battleground or arena for the first time, players will learn the “Honorable Medallion” (temp name) spell. This spell removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character while in PvP combat and has a 3 minute cooldown. Players can learn this spell at any level and it resides in the General section of your spell book. The first row of PvP talents then modifies the Honorable Medallion. This will provide the “CC break trinket” mechanic for all levels of PvP player. Feedback on this solution would be appreciated!

I wonder what they'll do with the human racial?

Sadly, the new PvP talent system is reserved for end game toons only. Unless of course that changes, hopefully it will.

I wonder what they'll do with the human racial?

Humans may still have it. Just now, everyone will have something similar as a PvP talent. And they can enhance it if the choose to do so.
This way the other players that play others races can freely choose to use two trinkets in PvP without feeling like they are being handicapped.

oh sure, don't read any of that text that i just pasted. cool

I do not know what you are getting at. That was why I wrote what I did. It was because I read that "text you just pasted".
Blizzard has already stated that what I wrote in my former post. Perhaps it is you that did not read what I wrote. Try reading it again very carefully and slowly word for word and you will see the error in your ways.
Apology accepted...

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know what you are getting at. That was why I wrote what I did. It was because I read that "text you just pasted".
Blizzard has already stated that what I wrote in my former post. Perhaps it is you that did not read what I wrote. Try reading it again very carefully and slowly word for word and you will see the error in your ways.
Apology accepted...

alright, my bad. your wording there made it look like you were referring to the new skill as part of the pvp talent system

Every Man for Himself is being changed to only remove stuns.

/shrug

That's right...
I do remember reading that somewhere. Supposedly many of the "best" PvPers play humans because of their dual trinket ability. Back when I was serious about PvP (and PvE for that matter) it was Horde that was number one.
It really won't matter what Blizzard does. Players will always find a way to eek out each and drop of advantage of the "system" they can. After all, that is what min/maxing is all about. Unfortunately, Blizzard has taken away the largest portion of min/maxing away from the game in order to reach a larger, younger, lazier audience.
Either way, WoW continues to be Blizzard's cash cow for now. At least until the Warcraft movie comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, the new PvP talent system is reserved for end game toons only. Unless of course that changes, hopefully it will.

Honorable Medallion is for low levels says the Gm.

1/13 Alpha Build Design Notes - Forums - World of Warcraft

Honorable Medallion – This build includes our solution for the “CC break trinket” for low level classes. Upon entering a battleground or arena for the first time, players will learn the “Honorable Medallion” (temp name) spell. This spell removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character while in PvP combat and has a 3 minute cooldown. Players can learn this spell at any level and it resides in the General section of your spell book. The first row of PvP talents then modifies the Honorable Medallion. This will provide the “CC break trinket” mechanic for all levels of PvP player. Feedback on this solution would be appreciated!

:D I can't believe they did it

That may very well be, but the talents that were mentioned and the ones I spoke of won't be available for lowbies.
That has been confirmed by Holinka via Twitter.

Even though it has been "confirmed" by holinka, i still think it is going to function the same way it does for the actual talents i.e A talent every 15 levels.

Even though it has been "confirmed" by holinka, i still think it is going to function the same way it does for the actual talents i.e A talent every 15 levels.

It would be nice if it did. It would be even nicer if it was something we could "purchase" with honor. I.E. The more someone plays the more PvP talents they could aquire. Alas, that is a pipe dream.
We will just have wait for the PTR.

It would be nice if it did. It would be even nicer if it was something we could "purchase" with honor. I.E. The more someone plays the more PvP talents they could aquire. Alas, that is a pipe dream.
We will just have wait for the PTR.

Yep exactly, Holinka might have said what he said, but this is Alpha basically, they can change whatever they want whenever they want. But yeah, we'd have to wait for it to be finalized.

I thought it was somewhat like the old rank system? Where the higher rank you had, the more PvP talents were available to you? (Or maybe higher rank = more possible customizations were available to your PvP talents)

I thought it was somewhat like the old rank system? Where the higher rank you had, the more PvP talents were available to you? (Or maybe higher rank = more possible customizations were available to your PvP talents)

It is rumored to be that way. When it was first announced I was first hoping it would be available for all levels. It appears now it will only be for for end game, at least initially. Perhaps that will change as the expansion goes on.

It is rumored to be that way. When it was first announced I was first hoping it would be available for all levels. It appears now it will only be for for end game, at least initially. Perhaps that will change as the expansion goes on.
Which of the scenarios? 1. You gain PvP abilities by advancing in PvP rankings. 2. It is possible for you to customize a preset selection of PvP abilities with your rankings.

Users who are viewing this thread