EU+US Holy Paladin Viability, Stats and Meters.

Blackout

Greatest of all Time
Alright everyone, i'm creating this post as I feel that Holy Paladins are highly overlooked (or should I say, under tested) at this stage of the Legion meta and i'd like to put out some solid information on the functionalities and some insight into the class from my OWN personal experience.

Stats:
First of all i'd like to go over the stat template that the Holy Paladin has. In instanced PvP, on my Paladin(Armory) these are the Primary and Tertiary stats that it has.
  • Intellect: 127
  • Stamina: 261
  • Armor: 252
  • Mana Regen: 72
  • Critical Strike: 19%
  • Haste: 12%
  • Versatility (Human): 5%
WoWScrnShot_051717_180907.jpg

Tooltips:
Here is a list of the notable spell tool tips for the class so you can see how much each ability does in +healing:

Holy Shock
WoWScrnShot_051717_175653.jpg

Bestow Faith (Talent)
WoWScrnShot_051717_175648.jpg

Flash of Light
WoWScrnShot_051717_175646.jpg

As you can see from these images, Holy Paladins healing tools are very competitive in comparison to other healers that are regularly played in the bracket.

Play style:
I've found that Holy Paladin is extremely versatile towards both melee and casters, the instant healing and the lack of interupts in the bracket allow the paladin to be able to heal on the move and stop and cast when necessary when/if caught out of position by either melee or casters and i feel the class is tanky enough to be able to retreat to safety in a lot of situations without having to trade out their major defensive cooldownDivine Shield.

WoWScrnShot_051717_191818.jpg

Holy paladins have the strongest CC in the bracket,Hammer of Justice. I've found that effective ways to use it is the obvious defensive HoJs (on rogues when they open especially, as if they are caught without a trinket it will prevent them from kicking anyone on cast and shutting down outgoing healing and they become an extremely viable swap target).
More effectively, you can use the HoJ offensively by pushing very deep into the enemy team when your team is pushing and HoJing a target that if a kill is scored on them, will swing the favor of the team fight hugely in your teams favor (a healer for example) and usually the best time to time it is if the EFC is at the back of the group and your teams rogue can catch him/her into a triple sap/cheap shot combo. The reason this can be so effective is because you can trade your Divine Shield in exchange for a solid push on the enemy team and your team shouldn't lose a friendly because of it.

Holy Paladins bring an insane healing "combo" that can heal up to and beyond 50% of someones maximum health in "one globals duration". This is extemely useful on a target that you can anticipate to take an extremely large burst of damage and can be used to mitigate some, if not all of that "go". To execute this optimally, you first castBestow Faith. After casting this you cast 3Flash of Light's into the target taking damage, at the end of the thirdFlash of Light you castHoly Shock. What you will notice happens here is the heal fromBestow Faith that occurs after 5 seconds will trigger, the thirdFlash of Light will connect and at the same time so will theHoly Shock.
Lets take a look and see how this looks in practice.

Bestow Faith is about to expire, an incomingFlash of Light is about to land followed by aHoly Shock.
WoWScrnShot_051717_175803.jpg

Here is the Aftermath
WoWScrnShot_051717_175809.jpg

You can see here, all 3 landed at the same time on the target and as expected it topped off the hunter that was targeted in this demonstration. Lets take a look at those numbers that he got hit for.

Flash of Light: 815 (None Critical)
Holy Shock: 787 (Critical)
Bestow Faith: 803 (None Critical)

All of this totals up to be 2405 healing. I have to point out here that neither Flash of Light OR Bestow Faith critically hit on this time and still the healing was that high. Lets take a look at some recount meters to see how critical strike would effect the amount of outgoing healing in this combination.

Meters:

Bestow Faith
WoWScrnShot_051717_181128.jpg

Flash of Light
WoWScrnShot_051717_184850.jpg

Holy Shock
WoWScrnShot_051717_184853.jpg

You can see that Flash of Light doesn't have a necessarily "reliable" Critical rate in this battleground as it's displaying 11.3% of my casts with it were a Critical. Holy Shock however came through with a surprising 45.9% Critical rate, this says to me that this ability is quite reliable with it's chance to score a Critical Strike in most scenarios. Finally, Bestow Faith astonishingly out of 22 casts did not score a Critical Strike even once in this Battleground. I do know however that when it does Crit, it pulls numbers approximately 1220ish inside Battlegrounds.

Here is a few screenshots of other healers healing ability tooltips to compare Paladins to:

Discipline Priest:

Flash Heal
WoWScrnShot_051717_184448.jpg

Power Word: Shield
WoWScrnShot_051717_184451.jpg

Penance
WoWScrnShot_051717_184453.jpg

Restoration Shaman:

Healing Stream Totem
WoWScrnShot_051717_191333.jpg

Unleash Life (Talent)
WoWScrnShot_051717_191331.jpg

Riptide
WoWScrnShot_051717_191329.jpg

Healing Surge
WoWScrnShot_051717_191327.jpg

Mistweaver Monk:

Enveloping Mist
WoWScrnShot_051717_195016.jpg
WoWScrnShot_051717_194935.jpg

Effuse
WoWScrnShot_051717_194934.jpg

Soothing Mist
WoWScrnShot_051717_195011.jpg

Chi Burst(Talent)
WoWScrnShot_051717_194933.jpg

Conclusion:

My Conclusion is that Holy Paladins heal enough in all situations to be able to compete with other "Third healer spot" healers in 10v10 premades. Third Healer spot healers are Restoration Shamans and Mistweaver Monks. I myself would prefer to take a Holy Paladin over a Restoration Shaman in 90% of scenarios and compositions but that is just my personal opinion. There are many other ways to integrate a Holy Paladin into a teams composition, but I could find myself sat here all day typing them out if i were to so i'll leave it to your intuition. I encourage people to dust of their Paladins and give them a whirl in premades, i'd love to see Holy Paladins competing as a viable healer in this years Twink Cup.

Character Armory Links:
Happy XPOFFING xd

Last edited:
how you get so much stamina???

and how about using http://www.wowhead.com/item=65475/mace-of-the-order ?
The mace gives like 80 more dmg on Crusader Strike
But reduces healing by 1-5 or somthing
It's inside a BG with the stat template, other than that i don't see how the stamina can be out of the normal range.
These toons i don't update, I just logged on them to test things out - the gear is not optimal on any of these toons (or if they are, it is not intentional).

It's inside a BG with the stat template, other than that i don't see how the stamina can be out of the normal range.
These toons i don't update, I just logged on them to test things out - the gear is not optimal on any of these toons (or if they are, it is not intentional).

Ah okay, well the mace i showed you is the only 3.30 speed wep for level 20 i guess.
Its class based, but you cold try 'accidentally' level up, complete the quest and ask GM to drop down level within 24hours.

Cuz you may also noticed holy pala has realy low dmg, but that wep does a gear job if you want to trade a little healing for dmg.
Spamming heals well get the mana low very fast :(

Please stop, it's trash, shaman and priest bring more to the table, end of discussion, you can try all you like but the result is the same.

Reactions: Mvq
Please stop, it's trash, shaman and priest bring more to the table, end of discussion, you can try all you like but the result is the same.

Please, notice holy pala can better heal 2 targets at the same time.
its better in 2v2 then 1v1

Holy Paladins have always been over looked or the "black sheep" of healers for awhile now. They are actually really handy as stated above.

Except for the nerf to Hpala dmg uptime, on Legion launch..(taking away denounce) I feel like HPala in 10-29s is potentially the strongest healer in instanced PvP. But also very underrated I've been feeling. Against heavy physical dmg compositions, Holy paladin have a better edge than even the mighty disc priest in my opinion, but again, its lower twink brackets, people arent exactly known for testing non fotm class potential. Though how I see it. Hpala > Melees - Disc > Casters .. I did not see the entire post as I am reading fast through between bg/skirm queues atm. But can someone confirm that what I say has some truth in it? I mean as we are on the topic about Holy Palas :)

Holy Paladins have always been over looked or the "black sheep" of healers for awhile now. They are actually really handy as stated above.

indeed, high armor, bubble, hammer 6sec stun, Beacon of Light, etc..
Its not about doing most healing, its all about tactics, and depending on the situation, holy paladin may offers some good value

This is a very very nice analysis.
However, you may be wasting your energy on the wrong bracket as many people that play in it tend to play with closed minds as we have already witnessed.
You won't sway them. It is best to move on, trust me.

/cheers

This is a very very nice analysis.
However, you may be wasting your energy on the wrong bracket as many people that play in it tend to play with closed minds as we have already witnessed.
You won't sway them. It is best to move on, trust me.

/cheers
I'm just throwing it out there as i myself am not in a position to try it out in a competitive 10v10 premade environment so i'd like to explain to others my perspective on it in hope to persuade others to try it out for me.

Last edited:
I'm just throwing it out there as i myself am not in a position to try it out in a competitive 10v10 premade environment so i'd like to explain to others my perspective on it in hope to persuade others to try it out for me.

i wold love to play Holy Paladin in a competitive 10v10, i still do a good job keeping my team alive in any bg.

So Much time wasted xD

This is useless, Hpala has been tested and it isn't even close to being better than shamans or priests.

Users who are viewing this thread