Highest DPS class/spec at 20?

Henjitsu

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what class/spec is putting out the highest dps at lvl 20? I know most the class balancing is done for max lvl/gear so I’m sure there’s some level of balance disparity at 20.

For those with multiple alts has anyone noticed a toon that is definitely outperforming the others at lvl 20?

Well,
Hunter has crazy good damage in single target (both Survival and Marksmanship), possibly the best in that regard but has no real AoE, as Wildfire Bomb is not too spammable at 20. Feign Death virtually increases your DPS by allowing you to avoid packs of mobs
Guardian Druid also has strong single target damage (we got a literal 50% damage increase in DF) but it really shines in AoE with a spammable filler AoE, an AoE bleed and extra Gore procs. Stealth works as a better Feign Death to skip mobs thus also virtually increasing your DPS
Shaman is just good, both single target and AoE. Resto just has big hits and is the best performer overall but both DPS specs can do the job with a bit of gear. Elemental has good AoE but weaker single target while Enhancement lacks AoE but shines in single target. No matter what you'll have to deal with trash at some point but considering the crazy damage of Resto that's not a big issue. That said it's the reason I believe Hunter and Druid have better DPS since they have less damage to deal overall

Those are the standouts that I have played with, I remember Destro Warlocks being crazy good too but haven't played them too much in DF. They prolly still do very good damage tho.

Also honorable mention to Retribution Pally, nowhere near as strong as the previously mentionned classes but quite good nontheless when you get Rivendare's blade.

Other classes/specs aren't bad but clearly inferior.

Overall dps i think Survival seems the strongest. You can average around 500-700 dps and maintain it. Destro is also extremely strong with certain combos allowing your Incinerate to crit around 1k+ over and over, also averages 500-600+ dps but is ranged.

Burst i think Arcane mage could be the strongest, pop trinkets, leylines, cast Arcane surge for ~3000 damage crit, throw out a Arcane orb for ~1000 crit damage, Arcane blast spam for ~2k crit until leylines runs out (you'd be critting about 1.2k after) and even less so when you run out of mana.

Honorable mention, Resto Sham also has good burst with the instant lightning bolts, easily crit for 2+k

Honorable mention, Resto Sham also has good burst with the instant lightning bolts, easily crit for 2+k
A little more there :)
A full WF resto Shaman can crit those for about 4K
Opening a boss is : cast Stormkeeper, fire off Lava Burst then Flame Shock for the auto crit, this way your Lava Burst starts its cooldown, then finally use your two instant cast Bolts. You can very feasably crit them both (20% crit means 4% to double crit and 32% to crit one). Depending on your Lightning Bolts crits, you'll get about 5 to 10K damage openings with little prep and 3 GCDs in-fight (about 5 sec)

Users who are viewing this thread