EU+US High DPS Tank? High DPS Healer? (hi)

Mandrunal

Veteran
Hi all. First post. I'm not brand-new to the f2p lifestyle, but I'm not super-deep in it. Mad respect for y'all who are.

I think I'm a "veteran" although I don't have Heirlooms for all armor types (and no "full heirlooms" for any armor type). I unsub when school is in session so that I don't blow my whole weekend in the game.

When my wife and I are playing together on our 20s, I'd like the option of walking in the front door of dungeons and just duo-ing them. (She has XPLocked a 20 on a subbed account, for this.) I'm sure any class can do this, but we'd like to melt faces with just a tank and a healer. (Also it would be fun to out-DPS the typical full-Looms Arcane Mage in such a situation.)

What's the best combo? What tank is doing the most damage at lvl 20 right now, even in mediocre gear? Are there any healing classes that do more damage than a Disc Priest? (Is Balance Druid viable?)

F2P noobs want to know, and you have the answers. Thanks for your brains.

TL;DR - Paladin for tank, Druid or Shaman for healer.

The highest DPS output of any tank is likely Paladin, then probably guardian druid. Highest single target might be Monk? Paladin / Druid are the goto solo tanks, good aoe and off heals.

The best healer would also probably be Druid for their HoTs and Swiftmends, along with regrowth being a really good basic heal. Restoration shaman does more single target damage and has heals almost as strong as druid. Restoration druid has better spread DPS with DoTs.

But if Brewmaster is your shtick, then play it, don't let meta change your opinions, every tank / healer spec is viable in PvE.

I'd take a resto shaman into WC and a rdruid into everything else. Having a kick on those mob heals is gonna speed the run up more than any spread damage loss.

But otherwise, yea. Paladin tank f'sure

Thanks!

Yeah I thought maybe it would be the pally.

Resto druids my favorite, maybe after balance. But what's the argument against discipline priest? I thought that their whole schtick was healing by DPSing. My resto druid DPS is in the crapper. Could it be that I'm just bad? (Yes, yes it could.)

Prot warrior still beast.
Quick test with allied race, 9% more physical damage reduction with the same gear. Idk if you just get more baseline armor or if each point is worth more? If you have dedicated heals you can't beat that. 183 armor vs 125

I THINK epic stock shield is best reward, cause it nets you a lot more armor but check a BG rare to confirm. If it's close i'd go with dodge ring.

Users who are viewing this thread