Hidden Legion effects linked to weapon's appearance

I was running through Zul'Farrak and noticed the trolls were being feared by Strom'Kar's hidden weapon effect. I was not using the weapon itself, rather the mogged look via the new method of transmogrifying artifacts. Considering every artifact weapon has a hidden effect, this might prove useful, as fury had a battle rez effect and talonclaw (surv hunter) summoned an eagle. They were usable in bg's during their time.

Some things worth noting if you want to replicate:

1) I was using the hidden arms artifact mog specifically (Saurfang's Axe)
2) As mentioned earlier I mogged them as individual axes, not from the legion tab
3) This works off spec, as I was Fury running Zul'Farrak
4) I did not have any artifact weapon in my bags at the time (banked)

fear_2.png

I get this buff on my MM.

Windrunning
Thas'dorah's winds increase movement speed by 5%

it does stack 5 times. It seems to work in Legion zones. Falls out as soon as you enter combat, comes back as soon as you leave.
Doesnt seem to trigger in WoD, BfA or "classic".

Another note, I'm not able to put weapon oils on my artifact weapons if i have mogged them to something else....

I get this buff on my MM.

Windrunning
Thas'dorah's winds increase movement speed by 5%

Yeah, i noticed that as well. Probably should have given more interest to it but i was busy farming stuff i cant use now.

:oops:

edit- useless but in theme, I can mog my artifact appearances to anything but my artifact weapon. WTF, blizz?
(at least my enh sham, dont really care but its kinda dumb)

Another note, I'm not able to put weapon oils on my artifact weapons if i have mogged them to something else....
I've been able to just fine.

I'm level 10 though so I use the +3 int oil, only difference I would imagine.

edit- useless but in theme, I can mog my artifact appearances to anything but my artifact weapon. WTF, blizz?
(at least my enh sham, dont really care but its kinda dumb)

For actual artifact weapons, you can change their appearance to alternate ones in your order hall, like it was in Legion, I think?

Users who are viewing this thread