heroic visions

no? am i missing something about how people are lvling up their capes? sure i could just do the first section solo and quit, but wouldn't it be better to clear as much as possible on each run? and isn't paying a 60 unrealistic as they'd need to be farming the entrance tokens too?

i could just do the first section solo and quit, but wouldn't it be better to clear as much as possible on each run?

you cant get parts for the next upgrade by doing extra zones in a vision.

if you know what youre doing it takes directly 14 runs to upgrade your cloak. and you can get 5-6 done the first week. you can pay 60s but its mostly just for paying them for a 5 mask loot run(you just die in front of the last boss at the start and the 60 clears all zones and then resses you to tag last boss). you need to tag each boss to get the smaller chests with the rank 6+ quest items+currency, so theres not really much carrying that can be done to get someone full zones for currency for the upgrade tree before they are ready for it.

i would suggest joining the 50 communities and asking for help there, or in our 50 only discord.

the upgrading is the easiest part. you should rush for upgrading as fast as you can, so you can stay in the visions longer with the sanity reduction increases, so you can actually finish your upgrade tree and be useful in "masked" runs with a buddy. sure you can get carried in this part if your gear sucks.. but dont wait to do it because you cant find anyone.

your end goal in visions is to be able to clear a 3-5 mask run every week, and finish your upgrade tree so you can buy sockets for 25k corrupted mementos(5 5-mask runs worth)

the faster you get there, the sooner youll be able to farm your weekly 3-5 mask run loot, which is your end game non raid progression loot (120-125ilvl). if you dont have the gold, connections, or geared 60 to get carried in raids in months when 60s get more power from 9.1, this is your bis endgame progression and you gotta go all in on learning the runs mechanics and optimization.

vision carrying isnt fun, 5 masks are actually challenging content for 50s, and characters with low capes or titan research are total dead weight carries in full clear mask runs. it will feel slow to start while you are weak, but the gains in vision progression are massive and noticeable early on with your cloak upgrades to sanity reduction

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/obtain-legendary-cloak-overview-upgrading-stats-procs
https://www.wowhead.com/guides/horrific-visions-of-nzoth-overview-objectives-sanity-masks

Alliance: Search "50 PVP" auto invite is enabled
Horde: Search "BFA 50s PvP" auto invite is enabled (led by me)

thanks zazz.
so by "you should rush for upgrading as fast as you can" you mean i should just be doing solo clears of that first boss, right?
i've no idea how hard more is other than i was able to clear 4 or 5 packs in the beginnings of an alt section before i had to run out resanitize and kill the main boss. i figured with 4 more like me we'd actually get something done.

actually found a pug normal nyalotha this week and cleared it up to nzoth with a few strong runs at him before everyone had to go to sleep. first time i've raided in a long time, kinda interesting to see 60s generally only healing 10% more or so than me. goddamn there's a lotta mechanics on some of those later fights, i hadn't done anything like that since mebbe heroic rag in firelands. probably the first boss was the one that gave us the most trouble, so i see why i'm not seeing mog runs very often.

just about replaced all my slands ah boes with drops from dailies n that raid. talent tree on mother is low yet as i have 5 or 6 entrance tokens banked hopin to group rather than solo.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kiljaeden/ayamechan

Yeah you will just run in and go right for the main boss for ranks 1-5

Get the addon handynotes, and Handynotes battle for Azeroth plug-in for it. It will show the locations of the 10 beacons, and spawn spots of the chests among other things, to help with vision optimization and getting max currency from your runs.

when you group, you share charges of the orb spell. There are some research passives that increase sanity of party members, and also that allow 1 free res. Ressing a dead or 0 sanity player will take half of the ressers sanity bar.

so 2 low cloak people might have a very rough time going for anything extra compared to for example, 2 guys with fresh 15 cloaks and unfinished upgrade tree just trying to push a full clear 3 mask run

Definitely join the alliance pvp community. There’s probably someone who would be willing to run at most times. the weekends there are occasionally heroic raid runs. Progression based, not totally farm-mode, but it might be something you’d be interested in.

not on orig topic but don't think it worth a new thread.

chasing a neck thingey i got a quest to win a bg, epic bg, n pvp island exp.
bg's done, epic bg q hours no pop but i figured a bad time o day,
the pvp islexpd tho.. haven't done that before. takes 3 to q, presume it's live enemies n never bots... would i ever get a pop even if i got a group? what's the eziest way to bang this out?

Users who are viewing this thread