Help new players decide! (Great iniative)

handsomedgc

Scum of the earth
Many new players are joining the twink community every other day. Most know what bracket they want to play, others have no clue where to start or how most brackets are at the moment. For those unknown to twinking I have decided to rate all twink brackets to maybe point them in the general right direction. If you disagree with my opinions please leave your own below (excel file download link below this thread). I rated them by looking at 5 things and assigning numbers to them. 1=worst, 5=best (you get the point). These are:
  • Fun - Did I enjoy playing the bracket?
  • Gear options - Are there multiple ways I can gear myself.
  • Balance - How viable is every spec and how is the damage.
  • Community - Amount of guilds. Also checking communities to some regard.
  • Queue - How long were most ques.
The results:
FHWik3j.png

For those who like graphs:
lnfb3IJ.png

Important
This is by no means a definitive list nor a 'my bracket is better and yours is shit' list. I would love to see you guys rate all the brackets. For those intrested helping this autismo project check the google drive link. I included the excel file with instructions!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16BDgi6qG3qRwSef99usMA2r3b0Nv25an

#GreatIniative

I think this is a great idea. Two recommendations:

1) Omit the "fun" scale. Unlike your other factors, "fun" is so subjective person to person, that a single axis scale won't do any bracket justice. Each bracket can be "fun", but for different reasons.

2) Add a damage-to-health rating factor. I think of it as "how many globals would it take to kill the average twink?" For example, 39/49/59/69/79/89 might see ratings of 3/2/1/3/2/1 respectively, to use your scale. In other words, while 39s and 69s see a fair amount of damage, 59s and allegedly 89s see twinks die in a couple of globals if they're not careful. Or heck, if you consider that a positive thing, maybe the ratings go 3/4/5/3/4/5.

Users who are viewing this thread