Help me write an azerite gear guide

Hey all - we're currently lacking a definitive list on azerite gear from quests. Which means people can't really plan their quests to get the best 295 gear. Wowhead and wowdb don't show azerite gear as quest drops (for the most part). So we've got to build this up by hand.

Good news is that its possible to figure out most of the gear if I know which quests are the ones that reward azerite gear. I'm going through with a google doc with what I've currently got.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KiK3bopYtXf8xpAAYJ31WFFTzirysa8AZghGDmC80ag/edit?usp=sharing

I need you guys to help me figure out what the quests are and what azerite gear it can drop. If you've got quests sitting in your log with 280 rewards that you're waiting til their 295 - let me know what they are. If you're making a new 110 - let me know what you've got. If you've already done you're 110 but remember which quests/zones dropped your azerite pieces - lemme know.

Once I've got the info, I'll be able to put it together in a nicely formatted guide so that new 110s can clearly see what the options are for azerite gear before they start leveling so they can plan properly.

Feel free to comment/edit the doc or leave comments here.
[doublepost=1539631567,1539580957][/doublepost]Found another quest:
https://www.wowhead.com/quest=50702/defeat-jakrazet

Still need a few more

This is super helpful as I have been looking to try this out because it seems like so much fun. Does anyone know of some specs that are fairly easy at that lvl as I am looking for something with maximum fun and maximum simplicity as I am not the best pvper in the world

This is super helpful as I have been looking to try this out because it seems like so much fun. Does anyone know of some specs that are fairly easy at that lvl as I am looking for something with maximum fun and maximum simplicity as I am not the best pvper in the world

Since you've got really good scaling, almost everything is OP. You can also focus on something PvE oriented to sell dunegon/island clears. I'm guessing that you can't go wrong with a blood DK for that. You can look at other 110 threads and see what people are playing - I've def heard a lot about arcane mages. I'm personally leaning towards a fury warrior.
[doublepost=1539633192,1539632616][/doublepost]Also just figured out that each zone really has 4 separate azerite pieces.

First azerite quest of the zone will offer 2 of the 3 slots, say Helm/Shoulders.
Second azerite quest will also offer 2 of the 3 slots. Always the 3rd slot (chest) and one duplicate (say, shoulders).

The duplicate slots are NOT the same item and do NOT give the same traits. See https://www.wowhead.com/item=155032/navigators-circlet and https://www.wowhead.com/item=160858/navigators-crown from Tirigarde Sound as an example.

I’ve been using the transmog sets on wowhead as a general guide. Naming theme and process of elimination to guesstimate where sets are from.

Search “Kul Tiras Quest Plate” in Wowhead and you’ll get all the quest plate azerite that is associated with Alliance quests in Kul Tiras (as well as the associated greens). Change “Kul Tiras” to “Zandalar” for horde and “Plate” to whatever armor type

I don’t need to know the exact quest they’re from, just the zone they’re from. If I want a particular item to be 300 then I make sure to do that zone last.

I’ve been using the transmog sets on wowhead as a general guide. Naming theme and process of elimination to guesstimate where sets are from.

Search “Kul Tiras Quest Plate” in Wowhead and you’ll get all the quest plate azerite that is associated with Alliance quests in Kul Tiras (as well as the associated greens). Change “Kul Tiras” to “Zandalar” for horde and “Plate” to whatever armor type

I don’t need to know the exact quest they’re from, just the zone they’re from. If I want a particular item to be 300 then I make sure to do that zone last.

Thats helpful, but not enough to really figure out your "BiS" quest order. In your example, you might want the final Plate Shoulders in Drustvar. So you do drustvar last. You'll get that helm, but perhaps you didn't care about the drustvar chest/helm that are from the first quest. But you ended up doing all of drustvar last and it was a 295. So you could have done the first half of drustvar early on and gotten that to be a 280 and freed up a better 295 elsewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made some significant progress. When it comes to duplicate gear, I just need to know which one goes where. So if I can tie either of them to a quest, the other belongs to the other quest.

I still need these quests:
  • The name of the second quest that rewards azerite armor in Tirigarde Sound
  • The name of the second quest that rewards azerite armor in Stormsong
and these rewards:
  • Zuldazar - which helm drops from which quest? (Mail)
  • Vuldun - DONE
  • Nazmir - which chestpiece drops from which quest? (Mail)
  • Drustvar - which chestpiece drops from which quest? (Mail)
  • Tirigarde - which helm drops from which quest? (Mail)
  • Stormsong - DONE

Last edited:
  • The name of the second quest that rewards azerite armor in Tirigarde Sound
  • The name of the second quest that rewards azerite armor in Stormsong

Are they not the names of each corresponding chapter? Of each zone's quest log? Pretty sure they are...

Drustvar is Storming the Manor, im sure.
Stormsong is At the Edge of Madness, I believe.
Tiragarde is Freehold, I believe.

edit- ok, wait... maybe not. Stormsong is Storm's End. Sorry about that. But Drustvar is absolutely Storming the Manor, same as the chapter name. And A New Order is the first piece in Drust, like the chapter.

For drustvar leather, A New Order is the banisher jerkin and banisher cowl and Storming the Manor is banisher tunic and banisher shoulderpads.

Last edited:
Are they not the names of each corresponding chapter? Of each zone's quest log? Pretty sure they are...

Drustvar is Storming the Manor, im sure.
Stormsong is At the Edge of Madness, I believe.
Tiragarde is Freehold, I believe.

edit- ok, wait... maybe not. Stormsong is Storm's End. Sorry about that. But Drustvar is absolutely Storming the Manor, same as the chapter name. And A New Order is the first piece in Drust, like the chapter.

For drustvar leather, A New Order is the banisher jerkin and banisher cowl and Storming the Manor is banisher tunic and banisher shoulderpads.

Storm's End is definitely the missing quest I needed for stormsong.

For Tiragarde, The last quest for the Freehold chapter is Fairwind's Friends - which I've already got. I was able to find the missing one though - its Proudmoore's Parley.

With the drustvar leather, that just leaves the mail pieces for Tiragarde, Drustvar, Nazmir, and Zuldazar left. Thanks a ton for the help!

Yep Proudmoores parley is right, you speak to him back in the harbormasters office. Never should have forgotten that... I used that one as my last 280 a couple times to bump the rest to 295. Doh.

If you go to azerite.info, pick a class, choose the armor tab on top left. Then to the top right set the item source as "Unknown", the only items that will show in the list are the quest rewards for that armor type, and the rare drops off the various mobs,

It would be worth adding the rare spawns that drop azerite armor 100% of the time to this guide, just so it's a one stop shop and people can get gear slots while they plan this stuff.

For mail Alliance side
Medusa-Drifter's Chainmail - Tentulos the Drifter (Tiragarde)
Treasure-Seeker's Diving Helmet - Croaker (Stormsong)
Coldsnap Pauldrons - Rimestone

For cloth Alliance side
Fungalshroud Raiment - Strange Mushroom Ring (Stormsong)
Spiderhair Circlet - Beshol (Drustvar)
Frosted Talonfeather Mantle - Talon (Drustvar)

For plate Alliance side
Gryphon-Rider's Breastplate - Avalanche (Drustvar)
Rockstopper Breastplate - Haegol the Hammer (Stormsong)
Abyssal-serpent Pauldrons - Sandfang (Stormsong)
Shellbreaker Warhelm - Maison the Portable(Tiragarde)

For leather Alliance side
Tidebound Chestguard - Taja the Tidehunter(Stormsong)
Headtakers Helm - Jakala the Cruel (Stormsong)
Cursed Boarhide Helm - Gorged Boar (Drustvar)
Parrot-Trainer Mantle - Fowlmouth (Tiragarde)

Hope that can help people that are just getting started gearing up their 110s

If you go to azerite.info, pick a class, choose the armor tab on top left. Then to the top right set the item source as "Unknown", the only items that will show in the list are the quest rewards for that armor type, and the rare drops off the various mobs,

It would be worth adding the rare spawns that drop azerite armor 100% of the time to this guide, just so it's a one stop shop and people can get gear slots while they plan this stuff.

For mail Alliance side
Medusa-Drifter's Chainmail - Tentulos the Drifter (Tiragarde)
Treasure-Seeker's Diving Helmet - Croaker (Stormsong)
Coldsnap Pauldrons - Rimestone

For cloth Alliance side
Fungalshroud Raiment - Strange Mushroom Ring (Stormsong)
Spiderhair Circlet - Beshol (Drustvar)
Frosted Talonfeather Mantle - Talon (Drustvar)

For plate Alliance side
Gryphon-Rider's Breastplate - Avalanche (Drustvar)
Rockstopper Breastplate - Haegol the Hammer (Stormsong)
Abyssal-serpent Pauldrons - Sandfang (Stormsong)
Shellbreaker Warhelm - Maison the Portable(Tiragarde)

For leather Alliance side
Tidebound Chestguard - Taja the Tidehunter(Stormsong)
Headtakers Helm - Jakala the Cruel (Stormsong)
Cursed Boarhide Helm - Gorged Boar (Drustvar)
Parrot-Trainer Mantle - Fowlmouth (Tiragarde)

Hope that can help people that are just getting started gearing up their 110s

Yeah, I've definitely been using azerite.info with the unknown source. The rares drop 280 gear though, right? I can include them - but probably as a less important for off-specs and stuff.

Right, it's more just so people with fresh boosted 110s etc can get those slots filled with something while they get the other 2 zones done so they can get the 295 stuff. I'v noticed some pretty decent traits on some of the rare drop items that can tide you over until you get the questing done, better than spamming dungeons hoping for a drop at least. Figured this is as good a place as any to add it to since people will be looking here to plan things out, getting something in those slots asap can help.

Right, it's more just so people with fresh boosted 110s etc can get those slots filled with something while they get the other 2 zones done so they can get the 295 stuff. I'v noticed some pretty decent traits on some of the rare drop items that can tide you over until you get the questing done, better than spamming dungeons hoping for a drop at least. Figured this is as good a place as any to add it to since people will be looking here to plan things out, getting something in those slots asap can help.

Yeah, I'll make sure its added to the guide. I'm taking the info from the google doc and turning it into a nicer guide that covers a few more things. Still not 100% sure how best to include the rare drops - but I'll get it in somewhere.

Yeah, I've definitely been using azerite.info with the unknown source. The rares drop 280 gear though, right? I can include them - but probably as a less important for off-specs and stuff.
Not that you’ll put this in the guide, but in case anyone looking for 119 info in the future comes across this, you can get 295 azerites from rares as a 119. I’m pretty sure it’s just level requirement, but I’m not 100% on that.

Not that you’ll put this in the guide, but in case anyone looking for 119 info in the future comes across this, you can get 295 azerites from rares as a 119. I’m pretty sure it’s just level requirement, but I’m not 100% on that.

Yeah from what I understand, 119s have less of a concern about the azerite gear as it all changes to 295 once you reach level 117 or something. This will specifically be for 110s (and probably useful to 111s as well). Someone else can write a 119 guide =P

For the rares you can just use Wowhead and filter 280 ilvl and "binds when picked up" and the pieces dropped by rares will show the rare and zone.

edit- and so whats the deal with the opposite faction zones everything being skulls?!? Its lame and a hassle for many (all) classes to go get a drop. Theyre the same health, I think, as 110 rares would be... aren't they? Just level 120? Dumb.

hi, thank you for all this info and taking the time to gather it up.
Ive been doing some research on where I need to get 3 shield traits on ilvl300 cloth gear.
I think its the turtle head piece, the shoulders from Nazmir, and the 7thlegion/honorbound chest upgraded.
so I ill have to transfer to horde to get shoulder.
I read that if I transfer to horde to get shoulders then back to Aliance the traits change. does that mean to stack 3 shields on ilvl300 gear I need to stay horde?
my real question is has any1 found ilvl300 shoulders on alliance that have the shield trait?

hi, thank you for all this info and taking the time to gather it up.
Ive been doing some research on where I need to get 3 shield traits on ilvl300 cloth gear.
I think its the turtle head piece, the shoulders from Nazmir, and the 7thlegion/honorbound chest upgraded.
so I ill have to transfer to horde to get shoulder.
I read that if I transfer to horde to get shoulders then back to Aliance the traits change. does that mean to stack 3 shields on ilvl300 gear I need to stay horde?
my real question is has any1 found ilvl300 shoulders on alliance that have the shield trait?

https://azerite.info is your friend for looking up the individual traits. Filter to unknown sources and find something with the trait and then click on it - it'll highlight all the things with that trait.

So as alliance, if all you care about is Resounding Protection you could get...

Head - Navigator's Crown (Tiragarde1) or 7th Legionnaire (warcampaign) or Batter Vrykul Hood (scroll quest)
Shoulder - Tidespeaker Mantle (Stormsong2)
Chest - 7th Legionnaire (warcampaign)

So again, if all you care about is getting 3x shield, you could do Drustvar1, Drustvar2, Tirigarde1, Tirigarde2, in Stormsong1 in any order - the last one will be 295.

You can then do Stormsong2 for the Shoulder at 295 and then finally the war campaign at 295. And the scroll quest at any time could be 295.

I'd look a bit beyond the tier2 trait though and see which of the primary traits is good for your class/spec.

https://azerite.info is your friend for looking up the individual traits. Filter to unknown sources and find something with the trait and then click on it - it'll highlight all the things with that trait.

So as alliance, if all you care about is Resounding Protection you could get...

Head - Navigator's Crown (Tiragarde1) or 7th Legionnaire (warcampaign) or Batter Vrykul Hood (scroll quest)
Shoulder - Tidespeaker Mantle (Stormsong2)
Chest - 7th Legionnaire (warcampaign)

So again, if all you care about is getting 3x shield, you could do Drustvar1, Drustvar2, Tirigarde1, Tirigarde2, in Stormsong1 in any order - the last one will be 295.

You can then do Stormsong2 for the Shoulder at 295 and then finally the war campaign at 295. And the scroll quest at any time could be 295.

I'd look a bit beyond the tier2 trait though and see which of the primary traits is good for your class/spec.

thanks for the fast response, that's awesome I don't need to transfer to horde, I stuffed up on my chest but I can live with that 1.
the 3 shield stacking is for my WPVP build, the 2 shields I got are amazingballz so I really want 3. plus Anduins Dedication proc rate is really good too. havnt read to much on what other think are good PVE traits. or viable options for PVP.

thanks for the fast response, that's awesome I don't need to transfer to horde, I stuffed up on my chest but I can live with that 1.
the 3 shield stacking is for my WPVP build, the 2 shields I got are amazingballz so I really want 3. plus Anduins Dedication proc rate is really good too. havnt read to much on what other think are good PVE traits. or viable options for PVP.

You can also try for some at 280 ilvl - they'd still be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread