EU+US Help me figure out survival's BiS weapon

necroaqua

Grandfathered
So with the latest change to weapons in 7.3.5 - the template for 2h axes/swords is doing slightly more damage than 2h maces/polearms/staves. See screenshots for char sheet and raptor strike tooltip for various 2H weapons. Its a very small difference - but easy enough to use an axe/sword instead.

2H Axe. Damage 103-104. Raptor Strike 296.
GDdxq6X.jpg

2H Sword. Damage 103-104. Raptor Strike 296.
2kscBOq.jpg

Polearm. Damage 102-103. Raptor strike 293.
ry7o5r2.jpg

Staff. Damage 102-103. Raptor strike 293.
pgoZ1Q1.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how much damage you get from increasing ilvl enough to get an additional agility/verse rating
- specifically to see if theres a point where the ilvl 27 BG crate staff is better. My hunter doesn't have enough ilvl to reach the first agility breakpoint (which is probably around 39 ilvl) to go from 64->65 agility. Not sure where the verse breakpoint is. I also don't have the staff.

Does anyone have a hunter (and deja char stats) with ~40 ilvl who can test this? Especially with the BG staff? Basically a screenshot with char sheet and tooltip with the staff and high enough ilvl for 65 agi (or just the ilvl) and a second screenshot with a 2H axe/sword and 64 agi.

For most people, http://www.wowhead.com/item=872/rockslicer is going to be the easiest item to get. http://www.wowhead.com/item=6641/haunting-blade or http://www.wowhead.com/item=3191/arced-war-axe (have to trade with 19 warr/pally) or one of the scaling BoEs for swag. I wanna know if they are actually BiS for everyone, or if theres some situations where the BG staff is better.

Yeah its a tiny difference, but I still want to know.

If it helps, I could run the tests on my 20 Hunter. I know he passes the break point in his iPvP set. It's not 19's though, but it could give an indication.

I'll take any data I can get - might give me an idea of how much 1 agility changes things. I'd still like a 19 to test to be sure tho.

i dont even understand how you have 64 agi, i have 63 at 39.93 ilvl on my undead surv

Guessing its either race (orcs/tauren/panda/undead have less agi than BE/trolls/goblins I think), spec (MM/BM have diff templates), or not wearing all mail (which gives 5% agi).

The logic though still applies if you hit an agility breakpoint. Is there some point between 24ilvl and your ilvl where you go from 62->63 agi? If so could you do screenshots for an axe/sword at 62 and a polearm/staff at 63?

The below screenshots are from lvl 20. I seem to hit the next +1 Ag around ilvl 37. It also didn't matter if I used the Blue bg weapon or a Green sword. The value for Raptor Strike also remained the same up to ilvl 42 which is my max lvl.

WoWScrnShot_022418_220034.jpg WoWScrnShot_022418_220054.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022418_220112.jpg WoWScrnShot_022418_220121.jpg
The Green sword is a Str sword, so not even a usual Hunter sword. My Vers doesn't change, though some other secondaries do.
Hope this helps a bit for your 19. ;)

The below screenshots are from lvl 20. I seem to hit the next +1 Ag around ilvl 37. It also didn't matter if I used the Blue bg weapon or a Green sword. The value for Raptor Strike also remained the same up to ilvl 42 which is my max lvl.
The Green sword is a Str sword, so not even a usual Hunter sword. My Vers doesn't change, though some other secondaries do.
Hope this helps a bit for your 19. ;)

Thanks a ton!

So theres no difference between your 2h sword and your staff...which is weird. So maybe the template has funny scaling? Good news for you is at 20 it looks like you can just use whatever the highest ilvl is. Not sure if 29 or other brackets are different. I'll leave that to a 20-29 person to figure out on a warrior perhaps - see if 2h axes/swords are beating 2h maces/staves/polearms at all levels.

The str vs agility doesnt matter on an item. As long as it isn't a caster staff, it follow the same template.

The +1 agi translates to +3 damage on your raptor strike. If that holds for 19 as well (really hard to tell since you're scaled to 29) - then using a lower level axe/sword is going to be basically the same for a higher ilvl staff that gets you to another agility. Depends on the agi scaling on flanking strike and axes - but I want to tentatively say that the 2h axe/sword is BiS at 19 unless the higher ilvl staff it raises both your agility AND your verse.

Still want to see the 19 numbers if anyone has it.

Users who are viewing this thread