Hello, I am looking to make a twink, need advice.

Stagnaro

Grandfathered
Hello there I am new to this forum, I first started playing WoW in 2006 when I was 12 years old, by far the most fun I ever had was when I made a twink, my first was a 19 mage, then a 29 rogue, and I also had a 49 hunter. Those were the golden days. And then one day Blizzard made it so you were forced to level up because the BG's gave you exp regardless if you win or lose. . WoW was never the same since.. I played off an on since 2006 and I just recently reactivated my subscription after a 1 year break. I heard that twinking is starting to come back to life and I want to be in on it :)

My questions are the following;

1. Which bracket is the best/most populated?

2. Which class/classes do you think are the best/funnest? (I like damage and healing so either works for me.)

3. How long does it take for the queue's to pop up now days?

4. Is Whisperwind a good server to be on for twink PvP or do I need to transfer to a different server?

A little more info about myself is that I play on Whisperwind server and I live in the United States. I am willing to change to a different server if Whisperwind is dead.

I look forward to hearing your responses, ttyl :D

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Which bracket is the best/most populated? Bleeding Hollow for 19s or AP for 20-29s

2. Which class/classes do you think are the best/funnest? (I like damage and healing so either works for me.) Play what YOU like to play not what is consider to be the best

3. How long does it take for the queue's to pop up now days? depends on time of the time.

4. Is Whisperwind a good server to be on for twink PvP or do I need to transfer to a different server? wtf is whisperwind

Hey, welcome back well rite now 19s,20-29,and 39s 90-99 are your most popular brackets now. And for servers go to bleeding hollow or Aries peak depending on the bracket your playing but majority of twinks I have seen is on bleeding hollow, and there is a great supply of twink items in the AH for all brackets. For great game play go wit 19s it has made a great come back since MoP. But for quick games on the weekends go 20-29, but most of the time your gona be face rolled or face rolling others.
For the 90-99 bracket I don't play it so I can't tell ya anything on it.as classes go every bracket needs healz to many rogues running round, and stuff I heard MW monks are a great healer as is disc priest .can't tell ya for sure cuz i run around running rogue :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Best and most populated don't go well together tho. But I recommend 19s, 20-29, 30-39 and 90-99

Hello there I am new to this forum, I first started playing WoW in 2006 when I was 12 years old, by far the most fun I ever had was when I made a twink, my first was a 19 mage, then a 29 rogue, and I also had a 49 hunter. Those were the golden days. And then one day Blizzard made it so you were forced to level up because the BG's gave you exp regardless if you win or lose. . WoW was never the same since.. I played off an on since 2006 and I just recently reactivated my subscription after a 1 year break. I heard that twinking is starting to come back to life and I want to be in on it :)

2. Which class/classes do you think are the best/funnest? (I like damage and healing so either works for me.)

4. Is Whisperwind a good server to be on for twink PvP or do I need to transfer to a different server?

A little more info about myself is that I play on Whisperwind server and I live in the United States. I am willing to change to a different server if Whisperwind is dead.

Hello, and welcome back to the twinking scene.

1.)On US, 19s and 20-29 are the most popular brackets
I would highly suggest 19s because it's miles ahead of 20-29 bracket in quality pug games

2.) Play whatever you want to play, if you are going to play 19s check out http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f12/19-class-tier-list-66539/ and http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f12/quick-start-gearing-guide-69423/

3.) I haven't been playing 19s for the past month or so but last time I played the games started popping at 2 PM eastern time until very late in the night, que times shouldnt be longer than 15 minutes

4.) Bleeding Hollow Alliance/Horde is the most populated 19s server on US

1) 10-19 and 20-29 are the most populated with the 19's and level 20's have the best twink "communities" here on TI.

2) Ever class is viable, some specs are more so than others.

3) each of those two brackets I mentioned are different. But they both average about 5-15 min. It all depends on when and how you queue. I queue up as a solo heal. And I only queue for WSG and/or AB.

4) It really does not matter what server you are on any more since we have RealID. Unless you want to be in a guild.

Bleeding Hollow( US ) has a large amount of lowbie twinks and the AH generally has what you are looking for. The caveat of that is that it comes with a price, a high price. But, there is gold to be made there as well. For someone that has the time and/or know how.

Aerie Peak(US) has quite a few level 20's. However, many of them are of the Trial or Veteran variety. Thus they do not have access to the AH. Which means the AH is devoid of lowbie twink items.

My advice, if you want it, is to wait on transferring you toon over to a server. You should make one, or more on one of these servers and give it try. Practically all of your BiS gear is heirlooms now, or close to BiS. So you can enchant your gear on Whisperwind and mail it over to your new twink and see how you like it.
Once you get your 10 posts in you can go into the twink level section you selected and either look for a guide for your twink or ask someone for some advice.

/cheers

20-29 is the most active bracket. GL getting AV pop in any other (Yes I know 19's don't get AV pops huehue)
Quality of games are... mediocre at best on average. Expect q pops between 5 - 10 mins between 5 pm to 10 pm at peak times

Don't play feral or brew.

I'm thinking of making either a Paladin (For damage) , or a Priest (for healing), since there seems to be a ton of rogues, I won't be making a rogue :(

Are level 19 twink Paladins any good in todays WoW?

I plan on playing WSG , my favorite BG.

I'm thinking of making either a Paladin (For damage) , or a Priest (for healing), since there seems to be a ton of rogues, I won't be making a rogue :(

Are level 19 twink Paladins any good in todays WoW?

I plan on playing WSG , my favorite BG.

Retribution Paladins are very viable. We used to have very nice guides in a guide section. That guide section is MIA.
Here is gear guide for Paladins.
http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f12/quick-start-gearing-guide-69423/#post939320
Many of us here are happy to answer any of your questions.
Feel free to add me on RealID FoMoCoMan#1460

/cheers

1. There is no 'best' bracket, since the only active brackets are 20-29 and 90-99. 19s do have some activity here and there, but it's not quality activity, it's pretty rubbish.

2. All classes are viable in at least one spec. Some specs are OP (Feral, Brew Master, ect), while most others are pretty balanced. Pick a class you enjoy playing, and you'll appreciate twinking more.

3. Random BG queues are anywhere from 5 mins to never, depending on the time and day you're queuing in 20-29s. At 90-99, games are pretty steady 24/7. Arena queues are pretty quick, most pops are ~1 min.

4. A good server to twink on is always going to be one where you have the support you need to twink, whether that be a play group to do stuff with or the financial means to create twinks. If your gold supply is on Whisperwind, your friends you will play with are on Whisperwind, and you can get any twink item/enchant you need for your twinks, then Whisperwind is a great server. Remember, BoAs are mailable across realm now, with much of the twinking process replaced by BoA gear. It's entirely possible to prep your BoAs and then mail them to the server you want to be on.

However, if you want my honest advice, I would stay away from twinking. It's not what it once was, and nothing will bring it back. In fact, They've announced the removal of pvp gear in Legion. All players in pvp will just be given stats that are appropriate for their spec, with gear representing a very small percentage of those stats (less than 10%). If Blizzard actually does this, then the very point of twinking will be gone from the game, and twinking will just be some word that people use to try and stand out in a sea of sameness.

I dunno, I've not played my twinks in awhile, level 100 pvp is way better atm, and being on a high pop server helps.

1. There is no 'best' bracket, since the only active brackets are 20-29 and 90-99. 19s do have some activity here and there, but it's not quality activity, it's pretty rubbish.

2. All classes are viable in at least one spec. Some specs are OP (Feral, Brew Master, ect), while most others are pretty balanced. Pick a class you enjoy playing, and you'll appreciate twinking more.

3. Random BG queues are anywhere from 5 mins to never, depending on the time and day you're queuing in 20-29s. At 90-99, games are pretty steady 24/7. Arena queues are pretty quick, most pops are ~1 min.

4. A good server to twink on is always going to be one where you have the support you need to twink, whether that be a play group to do stuff with or the financial means to create twinks. If your gold supply is on Whisperwind, your friends you will play with are on Whisperwind, and you can get any twink item/enchant you need for your twinks, then Whisperwind is a great server. Remember, BoAs are mailable across realm now, with much of the twinking process replaced by BoA gear. It's entirely possible to prep your BoAs and then mail them to the server you want to be on.

However, if you want my honest advice, I would stay away from twinking. It's not what it once was, and nothing will bring it back. In fact, They've announced the removal of pvp gear in Legion. All players in pvp will just be given stats that are appropriate for their spec, with gear representing a very small percentage of those stats (less than 10%). If Blizzard actually does this, then the very point of twinking will be gone from the game, and twinking will just be some word that people use to try and stand out in a sea of sameness.

I dunno, I've not played my twinks in awhile, level 100 pvp is way better atm, and being on a high pop server helps.

Just out of curiosity, why are you on a twink forum if you advise people not to twink? lol , but you're right, twinking isn't the same as it once was. the golden days ended long ago, Blizzard ruined it big time.

I do not get where you all have read where there will not be any gear in PvP. If so, we certainly would like to see it.

Because, from what I have read, there will be no PvP gear. Blizzard has stated nothing about no gear in PvP. There is a difference. The effects on the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets will be minimal. As those brackets, the gear is PvE centric for the most part not PvP. There are a few select pieces that people use from the WSG and AB vendors. But, not very much.

Each expansion we have Chicken Littles screaming "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!" It never fails.

/cheers

U19/U89/U99 in CN server

19-D priest
29-Tank Monk
39-Not sure
49-F druid
59-Tank with four 2T0
69-Tank with four 2T0
79-F druid
89-ice DK with blood face
99-warlock
U19/U99: 5mins, nearly same to 100 BG
U29/U89: 15mins,maybe longer

All server expect CN are not good enough because you would gain exp in BG.

I do not get where you all have read where there will not be any gear in PvP. If so, we certainly would like to see it.

Because, from what I have read, there will be no PvP gear. Blizzard has stated nothing about no gear in PvP. There is a difference. The effects on the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets will be minimal. As those brackets, the gear is PvE centric for the most part not PvP. There are a few select pieces that people use from the WSG and AB vendors. But, not very much.

Each expansion we have Chicken Littles screaming "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!" It never fails.

/cheers

Yes, they aren't doing pvp gear any more, that is part of it. The other part of it is that your gear won't matter any more in pvp. Shit gear, amazing gear, it's basically a total of maybe 10% of your damage. The only question is whether or not they will make that happen for all levels or just max level players.

Everything We Know about World of Warcraft Legion - Wowhead

PvP gear is receiving some changes. It will no longer have unique stats like Dual Item Level, Resilience. There are no PvP specific sets.
Gear has less of an impact in PvP. Beyond a certain item level, you get drastically diminished returns from item level. For example, the best raider in the game might have a 7% advantage in PvP over a fresh lvl 110.

Users who are viewing this thread