Heirlooms with sockets

Moon9HosT

Veteran
Just noticed that Hellscream's Doomblade, among the other Heirlooms that could only be equiped at higher levels, are now accessible for lvl 1+.

Since they have sockets, wondering if there is any viability in using them at 20, perhaps with Cogwheels if possible.

Noob here, probably a dumb question.

You won't be able to put cogwheels in them as they don't have cogwheel sockets.

It's kind of hard to determine "viability" of anything at 20 with everyone finding new op broken gear one day and it being fixed the next. Ask this question again in a month and you'll get a more accurate answer once the gear / bg meta is a bit more developed and stable.

But yeah, don't count these out as unviable yet, they could definitely see some use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask this question again in a month and you'll get a more accurate answer...

the accurate answer will most likely be:

Legion Artifacts (ilvl 31-33 with rare/epic relics) + TBC/WotLK Socketed dungeon drops.
add some Pandaria Engineering for those sweet Cataclysm Cogwheels and you're set!

have fun breaking bank/grinding for 700+ elementium, might as well start now!

Last edited:
You can farm heroic tbc dungeons with a higher level and socket the epic gems and mail the BOA down to your twink if you wanted. Could be good if anything gets fixed.

Legion Artifacts (ilvl 31-33 with rare/epic relics) + TBC/WotLK Socketed dungeon drops.
add some Pandaria Engineering for those sweet Cataclysm Cogwheels

Already spent 30-40k on my rogue time to do it on my druid

Kill me.

add some Pandaria Engineering for those sweet Cataclysm Cogwheels

I feel like most people will really only have the time to gear one twink if they're wanting near BiS lol. It's gonna be fun, though

I feel like most people will really only have the time to gear one twink if they're wanting near BiS lol. It's gonna be fun, though

could always join the "good enough" club and let your mechanics carry you. at least without altitis some of us can have fun striving for BiS, cause that shit was a joke in legion & bfa.

...legion BiS, topkek.

Just noticed that Hellscream's Doomblade, among the other Heirlooms that could only be equiped at higher levels, are now accessible for lvl 1+.

Since they have sockets, wondering if there is any viability in using them at 20, perhaps with Cogwheels if possible.

Noob here, probably a dumb question.

just adding some info here .. i have a couple of these BOAs.. but i tested the Bow .. at lvl14, 15, 16 and 18 .. for eg. the hellscream bow equiped with 2pcs 5agil 4crit gem vs the ilvl44 bow from rare drops, Aimed Shot is 782 vs 888 .. so a ilvl44 bow is significantly better

This is so true.
There will be some dudes experiencing some serious burnout at this time trying to do and get everything.
I’m focusing just on the my Hunter and am actually really enjoying going through some old content.
Even how we have access to what seems like every bg is huge. I got into that Azerite one half way through first time it popped and I have never played it before and am like, HTF to I get off this ship..... before realising u jump off Fortnite style - lol.
It’s good to enjoy this Patch as a 20...... slow and steady ;)

Just as a side note, does anyone else crap themselves when they see a Huntard lining up an Aimed Shot in bg’s...... I think I will have some trauma to deal with after this Patch..... :p

But I’m also causing trauma to Rogues..... :D with Flare and Hunters Mark..... feel sorry for em sometimes, though there r some nasty ones that still get on ya and slap u round a bit :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread