Healing and Wrath gear does NOT exist in The Burning Crusade Classic

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
Not a clickbait title. This is a continuation of this absolute utter bullshit, only kicked into overdrive some more. For those of you who have not been keeping up, buckle up. I apologize for the language, I'm pretty upset over this change.

Blizzard's migration to move Classic onto the same infrastructure as their current SL platform has caused an assortment of garbage to occur - most of which exclusively affects NOT endgame (remember when you could invite xrealm a few days ago? Yeah, that was a bug from this too). If you looked at the other thread, you'll see we left off with the new SL item platform rolling higher stats on new suffix rolls on Blue items, and the exact opposite happening on Green items - effectively GFing the latter, and making farmed suffix Blues from pre-pre-patch useless. The GFing of unobtainable Greens is already really really bad to me.

It gets worse. Those annoying 39 Warlocks you saw in Classic WSG? They're fully grandfathered now. ...of Shadow Wrath does not drop anymore.

...of Fiery Wrath doesn't either.
...of Frost Wrath? Nah, not that one either.
...Healing? Yeah, that one is gone too.

They're all gone, because on the new item system those suffixes are all ...of Intellect instead. Thanks Blizzard, for effectively cutting off the creation of a plethora of new twinks at the knees. My enthusiasm for TBC is completely gone simply because of the ridiculous skew in gear we're about to see. GFd twinks now get the retail treatment of keeping their unobtainium from Classic, AND they get new goodies on top of it in the form of new Blues and Intellect rolls that didn't exist before. This is EXACTLY why I stopped playing retail (balance issues aside).

This will never affect endgame because suffix gear is not a thing there.

I might write something up myself if nobody else gets on it, but please - can we try to organize something to poke Blizzard into maybe at least responding and telling us if they're going to even consider looking into it? Would be nice to have a definite answer about the future of twinks.

Last edited:
Yeah, we definitely need to do what we can do poke them with repeated bug complaints on this.

Comparative to Classic's launch, this one already seems to have a lot of issues. Which, I suppose, makes sense given it is an expansion launch on Classic.

My hope is that they will be at least somewhat attentive to bug reports during the first few months, as they know how much of a cash cow they can get from TBC Classic (given it's huge reputation as one of if not the best Xpacs) during it's initial surge. So it'd be best to hit hard and fast with the bug reports while Blizz is likely paying more attention to any complaints.

Obviously these things are not going to be looked at with as much intent as anything pertaining to end game PVP or raiding, but if we capitalize on reporting these while people are still leveling, there is a significantly better shot at it getting fixed.

Of course, we can also hope that this is already something they are aware of, and the launch patch fixes it. But I wouldn't count on it.

trying to reinvent the wheel

be like this

Users who are viewing this thread