EU+US Havoc DH Twink Help for dungeon boosting.

Verxus

Veteran
Hello everyone. A few days before I made a havoc dh twink with the purpose of stacking mastery and farming old content with extreme speeds :D. I've enjoyed it so far, managed to hit 180% passive run speed with only leather 840 mastery boes etc (no Lego boots yet I was waiting for the nether disruptor to open so I'd get better prices ). I'm now thrilled with this amazing twink and I decided to drop some more money in order to start dungeon boosting and min maxing him. I know it might not be profitable but I love playing with this char and I'd like to do it, I would like to hear your opinion on that too though. I've been lurking here for some time and gathered many information but I want to ask some things just to make sure I got it right. Going into the questions then:

1. Most people stack Critical, what is the second best Stat? (I'm considering dropping some mastery and/or having a second set for crazy Ms)
  2. How many leech items do I need? From what I see most people go with two, I'd like to be sure tho.
  3. I know I need SFF but with what else shall I combine it? I'm currently rocking a propechy tarot
  4. Do I really need many artifact traits? Or do people pursue them for completionist reasons? If yes, what is the minimum, I need for successfully boosting dungeons?
  5. I've read mixed things about this. Do I equip 840 leather boes?
  6. Shall I get as many avoidance items as leech or that's just a minor boost?
  7. Anything else I should consider before diving headlong into this :D?
Thanks in advance!!

Hey and thanks for answering. I've seen many of MyPerfection's post as well well as yours. I know most of the answers to my questions i just wanted to make sure i've grasped it 100% before i make the investment :).

Hey and thanks for answering. I've seen many of MyPerfection's post as well well as yours. I know most of the answers to my questions i just wanted to make sure i've grasped it 100% before i make the investment :).

If your making it on US, I have a 870 + Avoidance Chest for a token if your interested

Here are my opinions to your inquires.
  1. Mastery is honestly one of the best stats you can stack up to a point. Remember speed has diminishing returns. From my experience you would want balanced stats.
  2. As for leech you need a minimum of 4%, but only if you have 350k+ sustained DPS with 16 traits for survivabity. 20% if you can't survive or deal alot of damage to offset low leech return.
  3. I have yet to get it up I recommend making an attemot every week to try and get a chipped soul prism.
  4. You need a minimum of 16-18 traits to survive large pulls.
  5. It matters on your pockets.. it is very beneficial to get sockets in all your slots and have a tertiary stat to compliment them.
  6. Avoidance really helps during mass pulls and mass AoE. You need roughly 1200 points to cap 20%.
  7. BFA is coming out soon with a stat squish. BTW artifact traits are going way, but this is all speculation for sub 110 toons.
Good luck man. Hope that helps you.

Last edited:
Here are my opinions to your inquires..
.. Good luck man. Hope that helps you.

Thank you again for answering in detail Hiroitchi :). Everything is dully noted. I would like to ask you if you know how much time it roughly takes to get to 15traits by soloing NL for example.
[doublepost=1526311175,1526311011][/doublepost]Thanks for the link Daycare, I see you are 102, thought about that as well. Are you mining vengeance tho?

Thank you again for answering in detail Hiroitchi :). Everything is dully noted. I would like to ask you if you know how much time it roughly takes to get to 15traits by soloing NL for example.
[doublepost=1526311175,1526311011][/doublepost]Thanks for the link Daycare, I see you are 102, thought about that as well. Are you mining vengeance tho?

If your farming AP do Nelth lair as it’s 2 chests automatically per dungeon. Unless your farming gold too, then DHT is your best bet.

As far as the traits, not sure about demon hunter, but as a mage getting to 15 took what felt like no time at all compared to my 120ish hours per level

Yeah I mostly play Vengeance. I just enjoy it more than Havoc

Hiro covered most of what you need to know. I cannot stress enough one thing that has not really been covered, though. You have two options when twinking a DH. You can mix armor types or you can stay all leather. Mixing gear will yield better dps only once you break a certain threshold. The threshold is when the secondary stats of the mixed gear surpasses the stats you lose by not wearing all leather. Unfortunately I do not have a matrix or chart to show you exactly where that is. However, you can play around with sims and see where you want to be. I prefer all leather simply because I believe the only way you can get better dps is by having very high item level cloth pieces added in, which I do not have!

Here is my all-leather DH: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/semanova

I aimed for a good mix of stats and I have tweaked my (several) armor sets multiple times to maximize dps. Her DPS is better than almost all DHs I've met yet she is only ilvl 838 (I said almost, Hiro!). Remember, DH is very RNG based at 101 with the lack of talents they get as they approach 110 and the uncertainty of Fury generation.

@norcal313 has very good valid points. I agree with all of it. All leather really helps with DPS and my Demon Hunter isnt really a good template to go off of since well all I did majority of this XPAC was AP farm with my twink. The threshold in my opinion where mixed gear equals to or outweighs all leather in regards to 101 twinks is 860 with 24-25 traits unlocked. The only advantage for mixed gear is the movement speed from mastery. Here are my average DPS in regards to the overall DPS in a dungeon with various sets. Some days are good while others are meh. Ill start from the lowest ilvl and why their set that way. These numbers are average and dont really take into account AOE.

839 ilvl (Mixed Armor) : Movement speed set with 170% mastery - 400k DPS
852 ilvl (Full Leather) : Agility Set with 21.7k Agility - 800k DPS
856 ilvl (Mixed Armor) : Crit Set with AOTG at 104% crit - 550k DPS
860 ilvl (Mixed Armor) : Leech set with 74% leech - 550k DPS
881 ilvl (Mixed Armor) : Highest ilvl - 700k DPS

Disclaimer: Compared to other high burst DPS classes like Frost DK, Ele shaman, and Hunter; Havoc DH is and will always be lackluster.

Last edited:
I DON'T GET IT: Why would you need leech for a class that can get 25% life per kill (SHATTERED SOULS)

I understand leech for pvp, very needed. But for pve it's a stat that only makes your item cost more.
Sure it's a nice bonus but it's literally not needed if you know how to walk over purple orbs.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/kejomi

I don't have any leech and I can't remember the last time I died.

Only place I can see leech being needed is in mythic HFC and a 101 cant solo mythic HFC so again whats the point within pve?
[doublepost=1529598685,1529597826][/doublepost]Don't use Cloth gloves and belt Use 800 leather blues from Highmountian and Aszuna. Try to find a pre-nerf Tactical helm of the harmonious or Savant.

Users who are viewing this thread