EU+US Have people been banned for using 'Queue Macro'?

in the past i have heard of people using another kind of exploit *addon* that made them enter a bg with the deserter debuff. it was fixed and doesnt work anymore
but with what ur talking about, no, no one has been reported banned

i even reported it myself and to sum of the reply
ive mentioned said /marco to enter causing me to gain no xp when in bg
said to leave the bg and turn xp back on if i wanted to gain xp
they saw what i did with the xp npc toggle off/on and it was said to be a "hiccup" on my end because i played around with the npc to enter a bg with xpoff and that was about it

i was mailed 5k gold for my trouble due to turning xpon to xpoff *which is weird since ive only played around 60 games which is around 1.2k and of course sometimes i dont get it right but still that isnt added to be a full 5k so i guess they dont know how many times ive done it and just gave me 5k*

from my point of view of using this marco to enter a bg as a geared twink and why it isnt fixed yet
1; doesnt see enough people using exploit to warrant the effort
2; hasnt been aware of this for 3 expansion now
3; its actually difficult and theyre working on a solution to go out with a ban wave

and said with 3;
low level bg problems are probably 30th on their to do list
1-29 list keeps getting replaced with new issues keeping this 30th issue in the back burner

and yes i do believe this macro to enter a bg with xpoff will be fixed but sadly no ban to anyone from my knowledge of how blizzard handles things
ive done shady stuff to gain an unfair advantage even worst than this macro but as long as i report it im safe
ive been given a 7 days ban but was reduce to 1 after i opened a ticket saying ive reported it and it was a mistake on their end

so yeah im gonna keep playing as a lvl 29 balance druid since its fun destroying levelers
f2p/vets who are geared are just harder levelers to kill : )

the best type of bg are when im top kills and then a bunch of blue names after it
gets me so wet~
0c184ac9dae8171095134beb74cfd9a5-png.jpg

I’m probably reported on a daily basis, as I’ve done tons of xpon bgs with azerite equipped the past week now. To an onlooker who doesn’t know you can transfer to Legion acc, it probably looks like I used the glitch to get in.

So either my situation was looked at the first time I was reported, and some kind of flag was put on my character, making it so if I get reported again it’s a quick bypass by GMs.

Or, it’s really easy to see on blizzards end, that you didn’t / did use the glitch every time you enter BG or get reported

So when I hear stories of people being banned for using the glitch, I believe it.

That’s just my 2 cents

Generally when people talk about "queue macro", we aren't talking "glitching into xpon". It's mainly just a 1 click action to queue, nothing else really.

Example:

Code:
/click WorldStateScoreFrameLeaveButton
/click StaticPopup1Button1
/run TogglePVPUI()
/click HonorFrameTypeDropDownButton
/click DropDownList1Button2
/click HonorFrameSpecificFrameButton1
/click HonorFrameQueueButton
/click PVEFrameCloseButton

Have people been banned for using this? No, not to my knowledge.

Generally when people talk about "queue macro", we aren't talking "glitching into xpon". It's mainly just a 1 click action to queue, nothing else really.

I could have been more clear when creating the thread, I am specifically talking about using the StaticPopup macro (which i assume is what most ppl use to circumvent getting into xpon BGs with xpoff.)

The people that have whispered me ingame claiming they have friends who got a 3 or 7 day ban or something like that, made me curious to hear if other people have heard similar rumours or maybe even have some proof of it actually happening.

To keep the ball rolling a bit, using this macro with the intention of getting into BG with xpoff is that enough to warrant a ban?
And the only way for Blizzard to know whos doing it. Is for them to get reports, specific reports about specific players? is that the evidence they would then use to justify a suspension? Or do they have other tools to see what a player does in the game?

To keep the ball rolling a bit, using this macro with the intention of getting into BG with xpoff is that enough to warrant a ban?
And the only way for Blizzard to know whos doing it. Is for them to get reports, specific reports about specific players? is that the evidence they would then use to justify a suspension? Or do they have other tools to see what a player does in the game?

If you look at tos, blizz can basically permaban anyone they want at their own discretion. They own the accounts, is basically what it comes down to. Whether or not bugging Qs is "worthy" of a ban is up to whoever reviews your account.

In regards to them watching what you do, I have no idea. But I would assume that if they see your recent BG history and see 10+ bg's without you levelling then they should be able to figure out what's happening

I think so, can’t be sure but some I report after a few days they don’t come back, armoury doesn’t update etc. I normally make a big deal about it in bg chat and try to get the whole team to send a quick report.

I’m probably reported on a daily basis, as I’ve done tons of xpon bgs with azerite equipped the past week now. To an onlooker who doesn’t know you can transfer to Legion acc, it probably looks like I used the glitch to get in.

So either my situation was looked at the first time I was reported, and some kind of flag was put on my character, making it so if I get reported again it’s a quick bypass by GMs.

Or, it’s really easy to see on blizzards end, that you didn’t / did use the glitch every time you enter BG or get reported

So when I hear stories of people being banned for using the glitch, I believe it.

That’s just my 2 cents

How do you know you're reported on a daily basis?

Blizzard can track transactions easier than anything, so my guess is that they could easily filter for people who have spent over a certain amount of gold at the XP eliminator. Since it wouldn't be difficult, it tells us they really dgaf. I'm also guessing that Sk8rBoi's pretty on the money about the reasons it hasn't been examined. The only people who could catch a ban for either 110 transfers with azerite or xpeliminators are people who come into a bg yelling about how they rocked the system.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm a bit surprised that Blizzard doesn't just add a bit of code to execute against everyone who enters an XPON battleground. Namely, just automatically turn XPON for every character in the battleground regardless of their XPON/XPOFF status. And leave the XPON status alone when they eventually exit the battleground. Wouldn't increase the latency since the action would happen at the time they enter the battleground and prior to the combat actually starting. And would totally bypass any race conditions being taken advantage of by the macro since it would happen long after the macro has finished executing.

I always have the thought a GM is hovering in invisibility as I queue for bgs with the macro :D

I've never heard of anyone being banned though in the the communities I'm in or discords servers I frequent.

There was a Guy in cata who used this exploit macro wich ended Up with a gm stalked him tru full bg, at the end of scoreboard he levled 61. He had His XP blocked.

Not sure IF gms work like this today but of they get triggered it could possibly happen
[doublepost=1556881609,1556881456][/doublepost]So dont risk any Twink wich is 90 procent in XP bar.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that Blizzard doesn't just add a bit of code to execute against everyone who enters an XPON battleground. Namely, just automatically turn XPON for every character in the battleground regardless of their XPON/XPOFF status. And leave the XPON status alone when they eventually exit the battleground. Wouldn't increase the latency since the action would happen at the time they enter the battleground and prior to the combat actually starting. And would totally bypass any race conditions being taken advantage of by the macro since it would happen long after the macro has finished executing.

Blizzard would never do this. They introduced the xp eliminator mob for twinks. And blizzard knows that twinks BG. So they would lose tons of subs as a result.

Blizzard would never do this. They introduced the xp eliminator mob for twinks. And blizzard knows that twinks BG. So they would lose tons of subs as a result.
I don’t expect they to do a sweeping ban, but if they receive reports about certain players they will take action.

has anyone who are in their "9s" check their xp ? today one of my 109 has 533209 xp .. just 1 point short of ding which is 533210 xp .. i am VERY CERTAIN i wasnt just 1 point away from lvl110 .. how did blizz do that to my character ? and it is NOT possible i can do that to my character with just 1 point to the next level !!! fking shiiiiit .. i cant use this toon anymore

has anyone who are in their "9s" check their xp ? today one of my 109 has 533209 xp .. just 1 point short of ding which is 533210 xp .. i am VERY CERTAIN i wasnt just 1 point away from lvl110 .. how did blizz do that to my character ? and it is NOT possible i can do that to my character with just 1 point to the next level !!! fking shiiiiit .. i cant use this toon anymore
I have an old level 60 toon that all of a sudden had the same thing happen to it several months ago. As long as your XP is turned off, you should still be fine though.

I have an old level 60 toon that all of a sudden had the same thing happen to it several months ago. As long as your XP is turned off, you should still be fine though.

Likely caused by the xp squish they did. I assume your character had more xp pre-squish than is required for 60-61 post-squish. Obv they wont level your char to 61 with one of the squishes, so you're left 1xp from ding

Likely caused by the xp squish they did. I assume your character had more xp pre-squish than is required for 60-61 post-squish. Obv they wont level your char to 61 with one of the squishes, so you're left 1xp from ding
That makes complete sense. Alot of my OG twinks have more XP than I remember them having (though none are at that 1 point away spot)

Users who are viewing this thread