Haste Negligible on Druids

Linstead

Veteran
So I've been reading here and hearing from other twinks in game that Druid wants haste over crit for their spells in this bracket. With their stat priority looking like Int > Vers > Haste > Crit. But recently I've found out that from 4.9% to 10% haste the cast time on every single spell is exactly the same. I looked at Motifa who said he had 10%, myself which had 9%, and Shiftymcswag who I assume had less than me from looking at his gear. We all had 1.4s wrath/regrowth and 2.1s lunar casts. I tried dropping my haste to 7% to see what would happen and to my surprise it was still the same. I dropped it even lower to 5.5% and again the same results. I even dropped my haste to under 4% and that was where I saw the first difference where my casts all gained an extra 0.1 seconds to them.

Does this mean that there is somewhat of a haste cap for level 20-29 druids? If the slight change is SO astronomically small with 5% in haste then couldn't that 5% be better spent elsewhere like in crit which would come in handy for the starsurge bursts and heal crits? I know your haste becomes smaller once your level scales up in a bg, but surely we don't need 10% outside of bgs. The change is so small it almost doesn't even matter. Even if 10% haste gives you 2 extra ticks of moonfire/sunfire compared to 5% it doesn't feel like it matters whatsoever because people die before either of those two dots gets close to running out.

So I've been reading here and hearing from other twinks in game that Druid wants haste over crit for their spells in this bracket. With their stat priority looking like Int > Vers > Haste > Crit. But recently I've found out that from 4.9% to 10% haste the cast time on every single spell is exactly the same. I looked at Motifa who said he had 10%, myself which had 9%, and Shiftymcswag who I assume had less than me from looking at his gear. We all had 1.4s wrath/regrowth and 2.1s lunar casts. I tried dropping my haste to 7% to see what would happen and to my surprise it was still the same. I dropped it even lower to 5.5% and again the same results. I even dropped my haste to under 4% and that was where I saw the first difference where my casts all gained an extra 0.1 seconds to them.

Does this mean that there is somewhat of a haste cap for level 20-29 druids? If the slight change is SO astronomically small with 5% in haste then couldn't that 5% be better spent elsewhere like in crit which would come in handy for the starsurge bursts and heal crits? I know your haste becomes smaller once your level scales up in a bg, but surely we don't need 10% outside of bgs. The change is so small it almost doesn't even matter. Even if 10% haste gives you 2 extra ticks of moonfire/sunfire compared to 5% it doesn't feel like it matters whatsoever because people die before either of those two dots gets close to running out.

Also lowers gcd and increases elemental force/satyr procs but you can’t really get it high enough to notice a big difference without sacrificing more important stats. Crit is def underrated on boomkin for burst though imo.

Outside of the haste on the fang set, I don't run haste on my resto druids at all. Just find a pure vers set up plays better

I'm playing a vet and just noticed it was strange when shifty who had 27 int goggles (over my green lens with 10vers/8haste) and some other pieces with no haste on them was doing huge burst, but still had the same cast times as me. I guess I could've went with quickblade shoulders. Oh well.

The cast times are rounded before they are displayed. So it might still say 2.1 - but it might be 2.08.

That being said, the shorter cast times aren't really anything crazy good. The reasons to go haste are the lower GCD and the way it affects DoTs/HoTs. Enchant procs will also be affected by haste.

And of course - verse is still king. You want as much verse as you can, and after that the choice between haste and crit is fairly minor since you're mostly stacking verse. Haste will help the sustained damage/healing. Crit will help burst.

Users who are viewing this thread